Wingin' W38/39?

• Thread starter Agent Incognito
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Laughing at you while running away because you still haven't realized the volcano erupting behind you. ^_^

>You know I'd say join my tribe but we'd run into a slight paradox I think if I were to do so upon a thread about people not joining premades, after a reply stating how I would not join a premade. ;)

DeletedUser

Oh hai there Kaylub!

Heh. That emphasis wasn't meant to suggest I'm not. M'a traitor to my own thread. >)

Just interested in anyone who's daring to defy the trend.

DeletedUser

Oh hai there Kaylub!

Heh. That emphasis wasn't meant to suggest I'm not. M'a traitor to my own thread. >)

Just interested in anyone who's daring to defy the trend.

PMPMPMPMPMPMPMPM

Anyway, yeah it was a good thread idea. I like just joining every once and a while and just seeing who does well.

Nauzhror

I suppose being in a premade means that you're better than everyone else, because people acually accepted you before the world even started so you must have some kind of experience... Or maybe you're just in a really crappy premade.

Being in a premade definitely doesn't make you better. I've seen some premades with requirements to join so low my dog could get in.

Note: My dog can't type up an application or use skype, unless barking into the microphone counts as "using" skype..

On the other hand there are 'some' premades that being invited to is a big deal. Not any of those ones joining this world though to my knowledge (or at least none that are advertised that I'm willing to announce). I doubt there's any premades advertised here I couldn't make a new alias and get into without telling them who I was.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't... Think I'm joining a premade... :icon_neutral: Then again, lots of people have invited me to theirs, so I have no idea really which I'll do. Chances are if the world has interesting settings, I'll join. If not, then I probably will not even join the world.

My beef with premades is that they end up as spam tribes, or not serious tribes. With premades you get a lot of world-hoppers, and not many people who want to stay on one world for very long. I've found that joining a world, and leading a non-premade is more fun, and more challenging. You also make a stronger tribe, as the members of your tribe are more attached. They are with the tribe from the beginning, to the end. It makes you all fuzzily insidez when you see a ranked 40343 tribe that you made on day one, grow to be top 20.

That's just my opinion. I think premades kill a world TBH. You get a ton of people who will likely quit, all vying for 4 core continents, and many of them quit days or weeks later. Leaving a large gap in the playerbase of the core... Making it nearly impossible for non-premade core tribes to form. Making what is supposed to be a heavily competitive core, into a bland and inexperienced quantity over quality battle.

I don't think I've joined a premade since 29.

DeletedUser

I don't... Think I'm joining a premade... :icon_neutral: Then again, lots of people have invited me to theirs, so I have no idea really which I'll do. Chances are if the world has interesting settings, I'll join. If not, then I probably will not even join the world.

My beef with premades is that they end up as spam tribes, or not serious tribes. With premades you get a lot of world-hoppers, and not many people who want to stay on one world for very long. I've found that joining a world, and leading a non-premade is more fun, and more challenging. You also make a stronger tribe, as the members of your tribe are more attached. They are with the tribe from the beginning, to the end. It makes you all fuzzily insidez when you see a ranked 40343 tribe that you made on day one, grow to be top 20.

That's just my opinion. I think premades kill a world TBH. You get a ton of people who will likely quit, all vying for 4 core continents, and many of them quit days or weeks later. Leaving a large gap in the playerbase of the core... Making it nearly impossible for non-premade core tribes to form. Making what is supposed to be a heavily competitive core, into a bland and inexperienced quantity over quality battle.

I don't think I've joined a premade since 29.

First post of Willo in w37! i read what willo said.

DeletedUser

Well I think all the soloist here will in the end team up and take the world's premades out :)

It all fits together now :)

DeletedUser

AGAIN, this is NOT a thread to advertise premades in. Seriously. How many times...

@ Willo: As you say, premades can have a tendency to clutter up the core early on, just to fade away and eventually disappear within a few months, which does leave a gap in the core. In light of this - if you join 38/39 with the intention of entering solo, would you be more likely to wait until the main core K's are filled up, then join in order to find non-premade players to form/join a tribe with? Or would ya take a chance in the core? >)

DeletedUser

AGAIN, this is NOT a thread to advertise premades in. Seriously. How many times...

EVERYBODY JOIN KIWI WE ARE THE BEST EVER AND NAUZ'S DOG WILL BE THERE AND WILL PWN NOOBS. EVERYBODY JOIN!!!! ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTSISE!

:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Although the question was not directed at me...

I am likely to wait 24 hours or so in order to put some distance between me and most of the pre-mades. This would roughly place me in the next K over from the core and has a considerably higher chance of finding solo players. And of course with most of the premades spawning in the core they will be fighting it out and buying me time to grow stronger. The third dog gets the bone right? ;)

Edit-continued: Granted starting in the core itself is pretty fun but with so many premades appearing there, beginning a fresh tribe is almost impossible less you've incredible fortune, as the players that might join your tribe already have a predetermined course layed out for themselves and will not join yours; then you're left trying to survive against the premades in a dieing tribe that lacks a large enough playerbase. Or, you become submerged and are forced to join into one of the premades simply to stay alive. Which works as well, as you can strive ahead and take control of the tribe you're in through several methods, but it's effectively the same as joining a premade before it even starts; and where's the fun in that?

Last edited by a moderator: