WL is Dominating

DeletedUser

i have to tell ya mate, having one set of forums, isnt a very good idea, cause in every tribe that i have been that has tried it never worked and the tribes ussually just die or disband

i completely agree. ND tried it on world 13 and vets from 13 know how that turned out.:)

DeletedUser22924

same mate, i think a player can be called a veteran if he has played at least a year

tomas torquemada

thanks for advice, like most thinks, and with me being online almost constant, I’m keeping an overview of things, and as the tribe and world develops I will change and develop things as I need to.

TT

Its working at the moment but if it starts to have issues I will take action, thats what tribe leadership is for (not everything we do works first time, some things not at all).

TT

DeletedUser

World 13 was made in '08 wasn't it? I would hardly call people who played it veterans. =P

thats your opinion.

in my opinion being a veteran is all about experiance. and to find out if they are a 'veteran' chat to that person for 15 min and you'll have that answer.

DeletedUser

same mate, i think a player can be called a veteran if he has played at least a year

That or atleast played one of the original 4/10 worlds of the English version :)

When I mention the first 4, I mean the original worlds that didn't have the new troops etc. Now I can't say much seeing the join date on this account, but I had one around the time W2 was made, but I forgot the login =/ Came back and made this one.

thats your opinion.

in my opinion being a veteran is all about experiance. and to find out if they are a 'veteran' chat to that person for 15 min and you'll have that answer.

Obviously you wouldn't know what a veteran is if you think you can simply find it out by chatting with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomas torquemada

Experience versus ability that’s the real question, even if you have played the early worlds and the large tribes, doesn’t guarantee you are any good at leading / playing etc.

And as for start dates on the public forums many people who played the old school in W1 to W4 and were players in Warlords / Cult etc etc etc created new identities for the new worlds.

Besides I have seen even the best get rimmed in the game or quit a world when their villages are disappearing rapidly, and I have also seen new players make a damn good show for themselves.

Anyway back to original topic who knows who is going to dominate at this stage, its too early to really tell, but there are a few who should be able to easily dominate their own continent considering the position they are in; after that nobody can realistically guess at this stage.

TT

DeletedUser

Well I can't say much to this, as I agree with most of your post. But I can't totally agree with your last phrase, as you can easily dominant a section of your continent if you are a good player, no matter how bad the situation is. All it takes are good sitters, good guessing, skill and of course, luck. (In either way.)

DeletedUser

Obviously you wouldn't know what a veteran is if you think you can simply find it out by chatting with them.

talk to them for 15 min about the game and you'll know.

and i started in world 3,was a member of cult and ihaven't changed my name at all on TW. does that make me a veteran???

i don't class myself as one. i believe i can make good tribes and get them started in the right direction but over the long haul i keep to myself.

to me i'm not a veteran or a desent player.

but i agree lets get bk on topic.

DeletedUser

I made my own mistake in this thread.

There are two concepts of veterans, one being that a player is considered a veteran merely because of the date joined this game. The second is that although still a bit familiar with the first, a veteran is simply a player who has shown his/her worth in the game.

dyc3r

Also it's worth noting the experience of thefamily as a whole.

I'm sure you're tired of hearing this around the game, but many War Lords come from World 1. That certainly doesn't mean they're the top players here, but it does mean that they've been playing together for a very long time.

There's someting to be said for history like that. A handful of less skilled players can actually be quite devastating if they work well as a unified team, which the War Lords have a history of doing.

They are still standing in World 1, and they haven't left the picture yet in W17 either. The W17 War Lords took on tribes more than 10 times their size and came out on top. They lost a lot of villages, but not before their attackers lost troops, and lost hope.

They're fighting a losing battle in K92 right now, but I hear plans are being made to counter that defeat and move forward.

W30 is no different. The family is unified, and much of that is directly thanks to TT. We were a mess early on in the world, branches kept popping up out of nowhere, and many of us didn't know just how large the family was.

That's changed now. We're certainly not claiming to be the best players...we're not, but our strength lies in teamwork, not in numbers...we're just lucky to have the numbers as well. Keep watching. If you really think the WarLords are going to fall, you're in for one heck of a shock in the weeks to come. ^.^

DeletedUser

Bottom line is still that even family tribes at some point reach their limit where mass recruiting TRIBEMATES turns into a version of "Hey be in one of the tribes related to us because we want your villages for inactive nobeling when you get bored cause there is nothing left to do"

You can look at it either way, most family tribes take in a bunch and i mean BUNCH of garbage players but even in that load of garbage there is still skillfull players to be found and its up to tribe management to keep them all together and TRAIN them. And with the forum settings that might make it ALOT easier then in past worlds so im not too biast to say that all family tribes will face iminent doom one way or another :icon_wink:

DeletedUser43187

Im not sure where they fit in a rank order but they must be high beause of their ridiculous number of familly tribes. Im not saying they are good or bad, just thought youd find this *interesting*.

-CIA- 71.615
-CIA2- 49.215
-CIA3- 16.570
-CIA4- 35.393
-CIA5- 26.826
CIA~SR 6.544
CIA~DB 22.897

Total = 229.067 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

WLFamilyJan2009.jpg

TT - If WL family is going to be as successful as you are suggesting then I have ONE question which I think most of us will be interested in.

When your members are boxed in and have no where to noble what will they be expected to do?

You pointed out your dominance in K47 so this will probably be your first real challenge to overcome.

Remember this is even more relevent in this world where the church has a big impact on expansion plans and strategy. Have you and your members considered this when recruiting?

tomas torquemada

WE current only own 27% ish of the continent so there is still much to either noble or destroy into farms.

However, if you ask any of the leaders, planning ahead is one thing I take very seriously and is part of the reason the warlords are in the position they are in now, so all has been considered and things will happen when we want them to.

As to what those plans are you will have to wait and see.

TT

stackman 510

Well from what I hear WL is getting cleared all over k38... I have atleast 10-15 reports of your members villages that are cleared.