Mr Raven
kerryholmes
fottyfan
Tai-Warrior
sarictheking

And now it seems ZATHHH has quit us also

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadryk 01

I'm sure people have different reasons. Some real. Others imagined.

A number of these guys were totally inactive when they were attacked. They log in only to keep the acct fresh & see how their tribe is doing. When they see 3K incommings, there's no way they're going to resume normal play. So, they say "screw it" and pass sitting to their tribe, or just punch delete.

Others lose hope. They're in a tribe that is losing (or has lost) a war effort. People are complaining on their forums. Their friends express despair via PM. The leadership is absentee, or of low quality. .....then they get 3K incomings. They figure their time has come and they see no reason to continue.

Others are perfectly willing to put on the coffee and fight it out, but they get zero help from their tribe. No sitting. No support. Their leadership says, "you're on your own" or "replace your losses with barbs near the rim." That is actual advice from PWC leadership to some members, btw. It's not easy being a one-man army. I can see players choosing to walk away. PWC let some CIV recruits fend for themselves while their support went to historic members. We exploited this by focusing a bit more on their CIV recruits. This is a terrible leadership practice, btw. As soon as you invite a member, they deserve all the help and support of even the most tenured members. If they refuse to help themselves, that's one thing. But don't use your own tribemates as meat-shields to protect your senior members.

Others are point players who can't take a hit. Magenas is the textbook example. He was one of the largest players on about 10 separate worlds. He was attacked only on ~4 of those worlds. Every time he was attacked, he lost a pile of villages. After we learned this, we hit him with 2 waves. As soon as we neared his border, he quit W13 to focus on another W where "he had no enemies and was surrounded by barbs for a full K in every direction." On that note, somebody tell immoderate (map) that we're coming for him at a time of our choosing. :p

Our own ir.ufis is on that list. He was already retired. He came back after ~2 months to see if he had anything left. He immediately went yellow, lost some villages & that was that. Ufis is a tremendous warrior who fought many tough battles both with us & against us. His small loss of villages right at the end meant nothing.

DeletedUser45372

He just copy and pasted the recent list of deleted players from the forums.

DeletedUser45372

That list is a list of players that went barb in the last 60 days.

DeletedUser

I was just checking these forums to see if inso had won yet and I saw my name on this list. Just to let you know, I quit almost a year ago around the time Marco deleted and pwc was still winning the war.

Shadryk 01

I was just checking these forums to see if inso had won yet and I saw my name on this list. Just to let you know, I quit almost a year ago around the time Marco deleted and pwc was still winning the war.

I agree. From my recollection, Stewie became inactive over time and left at a time of his choosing. Even if he did turn over his acct subsequent to a mass-attack (not saying that happened...I just don't know,) I don't think he fled the game to avoid combat. No dishonorable exit here.

Oh, INSO was never losing the war. :p

It just took us a while to execute our strategy.

DeletedUser

Some of these people who have quit playing for what ever reason still have time to come here to this forum.

So in my opinion if you can come here to chit chat then you still had time to play the game again just my opinion

So as far as I'm concerned it's just excuses.

I made this post after looking over some old stats this is way i say most of these players are bad gamesman.

But this is just my opinion.

Yes Noely I copied this list from our forums i wanted to expose the Forum Trolls who all talk tough yert quit under pressure and use RL as an excuse

I myself have had a few RL problems but I'm still here

Hell I had open heart surgery best reason in the world to retire but I didn't and with help from my INSO tribemates I'm still here
this is what makes INSO so great of a tribe we all work together like a well oiled machine.

INSO will go down in TW history as the best tribe this game as ever had.

DeletedUser

Interesting thought there BumBa... Congradulations on having a successful open heart surgery and recovery from it. While you are fully entiteled to your opinion, I think you are being extremely short sighted. I can thankfully say that when I left this game I was not under any attack of any sort, but when I left it was due to my job as a soldier in the US Army taking me to places where I believed the internet was probably less than adiquate to maintain my account here. I was lucky enough to have been able to hand my account off to a good friend who played it for several months before other commitments pulled him being able to maintain the account on this world.

To say that because someone has the time to come on the forums just to chit chat or check to see what is going on, that they have time to play the game is in my opinion short sighted. To come srcoll through the forum takes me 5-10 minutes, 20-30 if I feel a need to post something. My account would take me anywhere between 1-2 hours to scroll through, and that was so long as I wasn't trying to fend off or co-ordinate attacks.

Personally though I don't see what the big deal would be. If the person on the other end of an operation can see that they are losing, and have no hope of saving their account what does it really matter that they call it quits? You still win. Now it would be different if they deleted then came to the forums ranting and raving about how unfair this or that tribe was or about how they were just too busy to give you the proper attention in game. That would be bad gamesmanship as you call it.

DeletedUser

First Off let me say thank you for your Service to our country I too am retired Army I know the things you go thru being deployed and for that I give you my utmost respect
my comments are not ment for anyone in the Armed Forces or whose job takes them away that is perfectly understandable.

My comments are ment more for the one's who brag ingame about how good they are but when they face x amount of attacks instead of defending they delete using work or other RL issues as the excuse.

I personally know of a few that did this they deleted their w13 account but yet go play on a newer world and they know who they are some go as far as changing their ingame name to hide but yet always give themselfs away.

But again this is just my observatiion and opinion I do not mean to instill my opinions in anyone.

DeletedUser

1-2 hours to take care of an account?

It actually does take that long.Send attacks,plan attacks, figure out how to use account manager, figure out how to fix giving the wrong recruiting pattern(?) to the wrong set of villages.
Yeah, it does
*Facebook got somethin to do with it too.

DeletedUser45372

THAT is probably a main reason why people quit... In all honesty, most of INSO can be on, do their account work, send out attacks, support, etc and be off in well under 30 minutes... Maybe if people spent time learning how to be more efficient, they wouldn't feel like TW is such a burden?

DeletedUser

Well on half of my worlds I went from new recruit to leader/dad/baby sitter..so probably thats why :p But if one were to be a simple soldier, reading mails,executing orders,and picking his targets and planning what/when, should take under 30; depends also if he's under attack or has to send attacks at different times..

Shadryk 01

Noely is correct. Aside from intense close combat, I spend very little time in actual gameplay.

As he states, you gotta learn how to play efficiently. Efficiency is a force-multiplier and a weapon.

DeletedUser

These players quit before they started losing villages. I know this because we had the sit for them and the accounts went past the sit limit, so we had to let them go.
GloucesterBabe
bigjim1
gwpg
Tai-Warrior

As for the other PWC/E players, it a different story. Some players were controlled by other tribes, some examples would be fellfrosch and thanthoo.

DeletedUser45372

These players quit before they started losing villages. I know this because we had the sit for them and the accounts went past the sit limit, so we had to let them go.
GloucesterBabe
bigjim1
gwpg
Tai-Warrior

As for the other PWC/E players, it a different story. Some players were controlled by other tribes, some examples would be fellfrosch and thanthoo.

Thanhtoo and Fellfrosch were played by ~PWC~/{E} players. They were new recruits, but members of that tribe nonetheless.

DeletedUser

Maintaining an acct is very simple and done quickly..... Olall I really do is build and send nobles and close quarter combat