World 125 Wishing Well - Will your wishes come true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Given that this world is starting a month after w124, odds are there'll be fewer players than otherwise for a big world like this. That's okay, but let's set that expectation.

So why do you lot want these gigantic tribe limits? Just hug the world to death in a month or 2, get it over with, rather than actually have a lasting fight for this world? These worlds will be rare, at the rate of worlds being opened it'll be over 2 years before we get an opportunity like this again. Let's make it a good world, rather than ruin it with massive tribes.

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Given that this world is starting a month after w124, odds are there'll be fewer players than otherwise for a big world like this. That's okay, but let's set that expectation.

So why do you lot want these gigantic tribe limits? Just hug the world to death in a month or 2, get it over with, rather than actually have a lasting fight for this world? These worlds will be rare, at the rate of worlds being opened it'll be over 2 years before we get an opportunity like this again. Let's make it a good world, rather than ruin it with massive tribes.

Without decent sized tribes there will just be family tribes thats the meta now, and there announcing the world earlier to give it time to advertise and bring people who want to play a classic tw world, on classic speed on a normal world. i think it will bring more people out than just the ones that play normal worlds, who are looking forward to this.

Reaction score
Without decent sized tribes there will just be family tribes thats the meta now, and there announcing the world earlier to give it time to advertise and bring people who want to play a classic tw world, on classic speed on a normal world. i think it will bring more people out than that just the ones that play normal worlds, who are looking forward to this.

With a tribe limit of 50 you need 3 tribes to agree to a full-on family tribe with merging at the end to kill a world. 150 accounts for 50 spots on the final winning roster.

With a tribe limit of 10 you'd need 15 such tribes.

I'll let you figure out why one of these scenarios is way more likely than the other.

As for more people than normal worlds? Absolutely. Not what I said. I said it starting so soon after w124 means it'll have fewer players than other big worlds like this. If this had started a month later, it'd have even more players.

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
With a tribe limit of 50 you need 3 tribes to agree to a full-on family tribe with merging at the end to kill a world. 150 accounts for 50 spots on the final winning roster.

With a tribe limit of 10 you'd need 15 such tribes.

I'll let you figure out why one of these scenarios is way more likely than the other.

As for more people than normal worlds? Absolutely. Not what I said. I said it starting so soon after w124 means it'll have fewer players than other big worlds like this. If this had started a month later, it'd have even more players.

I Don't know if you have played many recent worlds but theres not many people who actually want to lead tribes and getting people to agree to be family tribes and people abusing it and eating them later is happening every world. i agree the merging could be an issue depending how many people are in tribes but maybe people are asking for bigger limits because they already have enough players for that size of a tribe?

maybe your right maybe later there would have been more players, but with it also being no hauls and a slower start up by the time any fighting started that will probably be happening already?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
If this had started a month later, it'd have even more players.
If this started a month later, it wouldn't be a non-pp. This starting is the best margin we can hope for. Sure it is not ideal but it is better than the alternatives on the table.

Reaction score
If this started a month later, it wouldn't be a non-pp. This starting is the best margin we can hope for. Sure it is not ideal but it is better than the alternatives on the table.

I understand, it wasn't meant as criticism, just setting expectations. It'll still be a good world, it'll likely still be one of the bigger recent worlds, definitely one of the more hype ones.

I just want people to understand that when they ask for gigantic tribe limits, they'll be asking for a great world to end way quicker than it should. And I think that'd be a shame!

Jdog.

Reaction score
Yeah not a fan of these settings, add to that no pally items and it’s just not interesting anymore. Same crews winning every world and no way for newbs to learn and nerf them

Status
Not open for further replies.