World 13 and Tribal Wars 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2

Almost exactly a year after the last big change in TW (archers, paladins and coins) it is time to introduce the next big update, possibly a bigger one even than the last one.

The new version (Tribal Wars 4.0) will be introduced with world 13. World 13 will start on Tuesday (the 18th) between 13:00 and 15:00 Server time. The changes will only affect new worlds. (The gameplay changing features that is)

---------------------

Tribal Wars 4.0

As a lot of players get demotivated at the beginning as the game starts very slow, we have been working on a way to put a bit more "flavor" into the start phase.
There are lots of other changes that
We hope you'll all like it.

Research Queue in smithy:

Well, it's there now ;)

New opponents defeated ranking:

added feature

Bonus villages:

Bonus village are villages that are randomly placed on the map when the players join. They start at 26 points (the standard for new villages for players) and they keep growing (buildings and troops). These villages can be attacked and nobled like any other village. Bonus villages have special features. They are specially marked on the map and the bonus is visible. Those bonuses include:

More resources per hour
growing troop production
more farm space

There will be less than 10% bonus villages in a world.

Barbarian villages:

In the past barbarian villages were villages that had been manually removed from banned or deleted players. In the future "abandoned villages" will also be called barbarian villages. Those Barbarian villages will now also grow by themselves and (slowly) become attractive noble targets. They also build troops.
The villages do NOT need resources to grow, so plundering does not keep them from growing. (this might not be realistic, but if it wasn't done like that, the villages would never grow)

Paladin:

Goal of this change is to make the paladin a more important and interesting part of the game. The Paladin is meant to be an important symbol of a player.

It will now be possible to build a statue in any village (still only 1 paladin though). This will make it possible to change the Paladins home town within a player's account. Changing the home town will never take longer than recruiting a new paladin. (This will make it unnecessary to kill a paladin to move it.)
Every time a paladin is used in a fight there is a chance that the paladin will find a bonus item.
(see explanation for bonus items)

Bonus-Items:

There will be a new window (the weapon chamber) in the statue where you can now add bonus items to your paladin. A paladin can only wear one item at a time. But it is possible to instantly change the item. The use of a bonus item will be graphically integrated.
To not ruin the fun I will not tell you all the items but let you find them yourself.

Those items impact different aspects of the fights the paladin takes part in.
Strength, loyalty, loot ...

The chance to find a bonus item is connected to the opponents defeated ranking. An active player will take about 2 weeks to find the first item, a less active player after a max of 6 weeks. (The calculation includes a lot of factors)

Interesting information: A world run on version 4.0 can support up to 100.000 players. On smaller worlds the performance should be much better.

DeletedUser656

edit by hoodoo, sorry to butt in here, but I forgot to mention any other server settings, and the other post is long enough.

Speed 1 (we expect a lot of players, so anything faster would kill the servers even faster ;))
unit speed 1
New units (obviously)
academy system with coins
Scouts: depending on surviving amount resources, units in the village and buildings can be scouted. Units outside the village cannot be scouted.
Tribe member limit 60
Market will open for free trading after 4 weeks
Beginner protection: 5 days

Cant you knock it back to 17:00 to 19:00 :lol:

Well, we can't choose any time for the server starts. Two "groups of people" have to be online for the start. That's me for one, obviously, and the designers, also obviously. Now, I am on eastern time, they are on server time, meaning we have 6 hours between us. And it's not easy to find a time that works so that I am already up in the morning and they are still in the office.

2.jpg

DeletedUser

Sounds great. Was the speed of the world mentioned or did I just miss it?

DeletedUser

Excellent, this should make the game more interesting ^.^

DeletedUser4982

What speed will it be and will it be new or old units system? Coins or packets?

DeletedUser

This looks good! I am worried of a server overload the first day...

DeletedUser

I am all for this... but before long it seems that we are going to be looking at a game similar to Runescape....

DeletedUser

they didn't say the speed of w13...

all looks very cool though, i hope the new palidin items are well worth the effort it seems will be needed to find them

Status
Not open for further replies.