World 16 OD Rankings

DeletedUser

Just a quick post to show something which some of u might not be aware of.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Alpv-99XC2KfdGxjbVpOMEh4Mk5maVFLRjBaMThXQkE&hl=en
(sorry dont know how to pretty this link up!)

Here is a link to the current W16 OD Rankings which shows the top 40 players in this world by OD score. I dont know about everyone else but i was surprised to see that there are only 3x LSHRV players in the top 40. Plight of course dominate the standings with 16 in the rankings :icon_eek:

If u cant get the link to work then here is a quick breakdown.

Plight 16
BANG! 9
C² 4
LSHRV 3
Dust 2
Betty 2
None 1
Damw. 1
TUWF 1
AOL 1

Personally im very impressed with BANG! who have so many up there because being the smallest of the megatribes they prove they shouldnt be underestimated...!

Of course we are proud to have 2 players in the list (1 has been a Dust member since we were born, the other was in ~i~). And before anyone throws the obvious accusation that their pts r not valid as theyre mainly from defense id like to say that credit to them these guys have never asked for support so their defense is mostly amassed by themselves.

Im not sure if these scores are only amassed only when the player is in the tribe listed or its the his total points throughout his W16 lifetime so if anyone knows could they post here please. Im pretty sure its his lifetime but best to check. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

As has been said many a time before, total OD isn't a good measure of much. ODA is a good measure of how aggressive someone is and ODD is a good measure of how much someone has been a target. I don't believe the total demonstrates much.

DeletedUser

As has been said many a time before, total OD isn't a good measure of much. ODA is a good measure of how aggressive someone is and ODD is a good measure of how much someone has been a target. I don't believe the total demonstrates much.

Ok thats cool and a good point...

But if we take that into account then plight and BANG! by far have the most aggressive players and u could also argue that they have the most battle experience.

DeletedUser22370

Ok ende, I have had enough of this trying to make LSHRV look bad initiative of yours, a couple of points.

1. LSHRV is a better tribe than you will ever make, and no number of smear campaigns will change that.

2. These posts make Dust look bad, not LSHRV.

3. There are no Dust players are in the top 40 ODA, and there is a good reason too...

DeletedUser

Ok ende, I have had enough of this trying to make LSHRV look bad initiative of yours, a couple of points.

I actually decided to check this out due to one of LSHRV slating and namecalling us on another thread. We havent made any attempts to make LSHRV look bad (even tho u would love that to be true). Please point to any statement that ive made which is classed as abuse or even defamation.

Weve remained calm and polite on these forums and its only the fact that some people r singlemindedly trying to abuse anything we write which in fact is making other people look bad not us.

Its not our fault that one of the official player charts is open for everyone to discuss.

DeletedUser22370

I actually decided to check this out due to one of LSHRV slating and namecalling us on another thread. We havent made any attempts to make LSHRV look bad (even tho u would love that to be true). Please point to any statement that ive made which is classed as abuse or even defamation.

Weve remained calm and polite on these forums and its only the fact that some people r singlemindedly trying to abuse anything we write which in fact is making other people look bad not us.

Its not our fault that one of the official player charts is open for everyone to discuss.

dont know about everyone else but i was surprised to see that there are only 3x LSHRV players in the top 40.

What a coincidence? You were just randomly stumbling across the rankings and you suddenly decide to make this thread based on the pure reason that you wanted to display the ranking ? The fact that you chose top 40 OD rather than ODA in itself tells us that you were manipulating this stat to make LSHRV look worse. This isn't about namecalling and abuse, this about you making random threads to try and make LSHRV unpopular on the forums. (or as I call it, failure propaganda)

DeletedUser

and... C2 got only 1 more, 4, and they are even mention in any post even if they are the current rank first tribe... only 4 players in C2 in the top40 is a point we must remember more than only 3 in LSHrv :)

DeletedUser

hrv and c2 havent really been in a war except for now so that could change.

before they had dust ( no disrespect to the tribe but there not as much of a threat as c2) coal and inactives

and c2 had inactives

DeletedUser

Yeah don't underestimate bang! :icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

MichielK

To be in the top 40 OD, you need to have dealt a lot of damage and come under heavy attack. It's a rather obscure statistic, and offers much less information than ODA or ODD do when you look at them individually.

Plight is at the top of the rankings because they've attacked everyone and been attacked by everyone. BANG is at the top of the rankings because their frontline tends to be in the same place with the same players involved.

I suspect LSHRV has only 3 members in that list for the same reason C² has only 4: both tribes actively try to have many members with small clusters at every border, instead of a few members with big clusters.

1. LSHRV is a better tribe than you will ever make, and no number of smear campaigns will change that.

2. These posts make Dust look bad, not LSHRV.

3. There are no Dust players are in the top 40 ODA, and there is a good reason too...

QFT. This whole thing is getting seriously old, and more than a little bit disgraceful. HRV have proven themselves in battle time and time again, and no amount of propaganda will make anyone doubt their strength.

I'll give my usual response too: if they're so weak, why can't you beat them?

MichielK

hrv and c2 havent really been in a war except for now so that could change.

before they had dust ( no disrespect to the tribe but there not as much of a threat as c2) coal and inactives

and c2 had inactives

And CND? I'm pretty sure that qualified as a war :icon_rolleyes:

MichielK

Im pretty sure both you and CND always claimed it was no such thing as war , rather a "border skirmish" ;)

Heh, point taken. War was never declared, and the action never moved much beyond the border.

What we didn't realise at the time when we claimed it was just a border skirmish was that most wars that didn't have a quick and clear winner (e.g. BANG v ORC) tended to end up more or less in the same "border skirmish" mode.

If we had known then what we knew now, we would've realised that it was a war...just one of a style that we weren't used to.

Either way...my (poorly made) point was that it did generate a large amount of OD :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I dont think OD is the best mesure fo a players agresivness or skill. It is in fact important..

But some players expand and might be lucky to be completly sorrounded by noobs that dont know how to play.. so you might noble 30/40 villages off a player that nobled barbs and has low amount of troops.

In my case i encountered a large amount of noobs and some of them i was able to send fake noble trains to 1 village.. they would stack it with all their troops (Noobs tend to think the village they started with is the most important thing in the world). So.. while faking and randomly sending a nuke to that extremly stacked village.. i nobled all their other empty villies.. So.. i nobled 40 villages and mabye encountered as much.. 5 villages with "proper" defences (if you can consider lvl 1 sw and lvl 1 sp).

So.. until you are not involved in a "War" you dont really have much chance of raising your ODA. I've got mabye 4.5 mills ODA and nobled over 300 villages. Same with ODD... noobs only defend and dont counter attack.

I am sure my ODA will raise with War.. but acording to your "logic" i am a noob and unskilled player cause my OD is 5.5 millions and not 25/30 millions.

DeletedUser

Surely ODD shows how much of a challenge each tribe has had. The only problem with it is that you can have a very high ODD, but still be a long way down in conquers. Therefore, ODD and conquers during war is the only way to show how strong a tribe is at war. Since Plight haven't lost a war (cos they're still here) and they're ODD is rank 1, they are either the best tribe defensively as a unit or they're the most experienced at defending.

I'd say BANG are very much the same, but the other tribes either haven't had much of a challenge or haven't had much of a challenge for a long time.

As for LSHRV, I see their ODD has gone up massively since the C2 war started. I believe it was about 60mill, now it's 110mill +. To me, that just shows they haven't had much of a challenge for a while, but they are now having a real test.

With C2, they haven't had a challenge since the CND war, but now you expect their ODD to go up in the LSHRV war.

That's what I pull out of this anyway.

DeletedUser22370

Surely ODD shows how much of a challenge each tribe has had. The only problem with it is that you can have a very high ODD, but still be a long way down in conquers. Therefore, ODD and conquers during war is the only way to show how strong a tribe is at war. Since Plight haven't lost a war (cos they're still here) and they're ODD is rank 1, they are either the best tribe defensively as a unit or they're the most experienced at defending.

I'd say BANG are very much the same, but the other tribes either haven't had much of a challenge or haven't had much of a challenge for a long time.

As for LSHRV, I see their ODD has gone up massively since the C2 war started. I believe it was about 60mill, now it's 110mill +. To me, that just shows they haven't had much of a challenge for a while, but they are now having a real test.

With C2, they haven't had a challenge since the CND war, but now you expect their ODD to go up in the LSHRV war.

That's what I pull out of this anyway.

you would have thought so :p

DeletedUser

you missed 1 thinks...HRV lose 1 years odd rating....because tw stuf disband HRV

AxlTheCat

ODA is a good measure of how aggressive individual players are.

ODD without a large number of villages lost is a good measure of tribal teamwork. To be a player with high ODD and to have lost a bunch of villages just means you've taken a pasting.

Of course we are proud to have 2 players in the list

Not sure I'd be proud of one of these accounts, as it has lost 105 villages and sits at only 49 villages now. Credit to fchull, he's held his own according to twstats.