• Isloman

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Mark-CFC

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallam

Since there was a tie in the last one, you have to vote for one of the two sigs.

Here they are again:

Isloman:

Asylum.jpg

Mark-CFC:

CabanaSig.jpg

Good luck to both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeletedUser

Both are very good signature makers.

There really will be no loser here no matter how the poll results turn out.

Thank you guys for doing what you do. You make it fun!

Good luck to both of you :)

Wallam

Both are very good signature makers.

There really will be no loser here no matter how the poll results turn out.

Thank you guys for doing what you do. You make it fun!

Good luck to both of you :)

I totally agree with this, both are excellent examples of signatures and frankly if I could produce a sig 10% as good as either of these I would be very happy.

Great job from both people.

DeletedUser

i can't choose because it are both (ex)tribemembers. :(

but i choose for mark because i found the sig cooler then islo's sig.

Sorcer207

I chose mark cause he owns and taught me maps and his sig owns.

thebadmojo

I voted Isloman's. His actually took more time and creativity. The text blends well and the lighting is great. Photo manipulation done right.

Mark- Just to simple even a novice signature maker can recreate. You took an image with a person making a handgun with smoke coming from their cigarette and put a bullet at the end of the smoke. Steps: First you re-sized the image.. put an image of a bullet at the end of the smoke tail and added some text and a border. Competitions are based on skill and that signature didn't take a lot of skill.

Isloman has to not only re-size the image properly but adjust the lighting to the correct distance. Just enough darkness.. change the hue/saturation to equal proportions to bring the colors out.. and find a decent text to fit the theme. That took skill.

DeletedUser55253

Badmojo your one to talk? i didn't see you make a sig and put in the forums? And again your the one under an alias, even if you are to talk, do it under your real nick.. Why do you think anyone would give a two shit's about anyone under an alias especially one as hated as yours. You have no right to criticize either person's work, they put alot of time and effort into and then to be bashed by someone as immature as you? I fear it won't make a difference to them what your opinion to their work is.. Grow up stop hiding under a stupid alias, and maybe grow some balls and a bit of a brain...But heck not everyone can be as cowardly and annoyoing as you then..

Last edited:

thebadmojo

Badmojo your one to talk? i didn't see you make a sig and put in the forums? And again your the one under an alias, even if you are to talk, do it under your real nick.. Why do you think anyone would give a two shit's about anyone under an alias especially one as hated as yours. You have no right to criticize either person's work, they put alot of time and effort into and then to be bashed by someone as immature as you? I fear it won't make a difference to them what your opinion to their work is.. Grow up stop hiding under a stupid alias, and maybe grow some balls and a bit of a brain...But heck not everyone can be as cowardly and annoyoing as you then..

Making signatures has nothing to do with an alias. Secondly, I was retired and just join World 41. On a third note all graphic artist appreciate constructive criticism (It isn't bashing.) and if they can't tolerate constructive criticism then they shouldn't be graphic artist. I actually have quite a few signatures floating around the forums made for other people. Funny how you say I need to grow some balls and a brain... on second thought I've been through this round already with Vilja and I'll do it again with you if need be. Besides this signature competition has nothing to do with the game itself so even if I was "hiding" under an alias it doesn't make a difference. Perhaps it is you who needs to learn to apply more brain cells before posting perfectly useless posts. If your going to be flaming me you best start bringing facts or each and every one of your rebuttals will get eaten by me.

DeletedUser

Parno...it is a signature competition and mojo stated his opinion. Quite honestly, I have no clue what he is talking about but I am graphically challenged on the computer anyway ;)

Keep this civil please. I hate what mojo posts most of the time more than anyone else but differences get put aside. He made my current signature.

You like it GeriCurl?

Thanks again mojo :)

DeletedUser

I did Mark. He teached me PS maps and made me my siggy. :icon_razz:

Although Islo is good as well.

DeletedUser

I voted Isloman's. His actually took more time and creativity. The text blends well and the lighting is great. Photo manipulation done right.

Mark- Just to simple even a novice signature maker can recreate. You took an image with a person making a handgun with smoke coming from their cigarette and put a bullet at the end of the smoke. Steps: First you re-sized the image.. put an image of a bullet at the end of the smoke tail and added some text and a border. Competitions are based on skill and that signature didn't take a lot of skill.

Isloman has to not only re-size the image properly but adjust the lighting to the correct distance. Just enough darkness.. change the hue/saturation to equal proportions to bring the colors out.. and find a decent text to fit the theme. That took skill.

Mojo, you are a complete idiot, and you must be blind. Most likely, isloman just got the picture, resized it - the easiest thing to do on photoshop, infact, the picture might have already been the right size - , stuck it on a canvas. Then went and put a thickj border around it and some text in a basic font. No special effects whatsoever, perhaps some lighting, but not skillful lighting, as I can't see much. Isloman, why don't you make a tutorial for your magnificent signature? I could do one, hang on:

1) Make a canvas sized: ##X##
2) Stick this picture of a mental asylum on it.
3) Put a border on.
4) Wil a competition.

Mark's is better. has no special effects I can see, unless he made the smoke himself, which he may have.

Here is what I propose for next time, sig makers have to post what images they used in it, including renders, stocks and C4d's. This way we can see what they have done. Islo, I will take back everything I said, if you can show me that what you did WAS indeed skillful. Make a tut or give post your images.

thebadmojo

Mojo, you are a complete idiot, and you must be blind. Most likely, isloman just got the picture, resized it - the easiest thing to do on photoshop, infact, the picture might have already been the right size - , stuck it on a canvas. Then went and put a thickj border around it and some text in a basic font. No special effects whatsoever, perhaps some lighting, but not skillful lighting, as I can't see much. Isloman, why don't you make a tutorial for your magnificent signature? I could do one, hang on:

3) Put a border on.
4) Wil a competition.

Mark's is better. has no special effects I can see, unless he made the smoke himself, which he may have.

Here is what I propose for next time, sig makers have to post what images they used in it, including renders, stocks and C4d's. This way we can see what they have done. Islo, I will take back everything I said, if you can show me that what you did WAS indeed skillful. Make a tut or give post your images.

I'm an idiot? Your practically repeated what I said and pointed it at Isloman. I guess your an idiot too. Next time make an original post and don't just reword what I say.

DeletedUser

3) Put a border on.
4) Wil a competition.

Simple, but good, whats wrong with that?

Here's a thought, stop being such a d*ck, and accept that Islo's sig is the best here, except maybe Mark CFC's. It really doesn't matter how much work you do, if it looks good.

thebadmojo

Untitled-2-1.jpg

IN YOUR FACE MOJO

Silly me then. You have done a lot of work. Also under further enhancing your signature and looking at the layers I can see you added the smoke behind the bullet and blended it with the smoke from the cigarette. So let me restate.. Resized an image.. applied a bullet WITH smoke.. duplicated stock layer applied various setting (Soft Light and so on).. gradient map (useless could of done the same with levels) but put more orange into the signature.. then added the text and a border. I'll say it again, my mistake. You did put a lot of work into it. But you also forced me to take a closer look and now I can see the smoke doesn't blend and even though the overall theme is on the right track the font ruins it all and the bullet is over-sized. Which also led me to investigate Isloman's and yet again.. very simply done. I expect this kind of work out of novice signature makers. I am sure you both could of done a lot better or maybe it was a good thing I didn't enter this competition. No offense.

If it took that much work to create that simple of a signature... you should really take my advice and practice. Practice makes perfect. You'd be amazed to see what I do to create signatures. I do not mean this to insult you or your ability to make signatures.

I only wished to explain why I voted for Isloman and offer constructive criticism. I still stand by what I said: Isloman's is the better signature.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Jesus this is the last time I enter a competition if it causes this much aggro.

It's just a bit of fun, Mark and I are friends, we don't give a shit who wins :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks for all the supportive comments... I'm choosing to ignore the troll that seems to have cropped up in our forum recently :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Silly me then. You have done a lot of work. Also under further enhancing your signature and looking at the layers I can see you added the smoke behind the bullet and blended it with the smoke from the cigarette. So let me restate.. Resized an image.. applied a bullet WITH smoke.. duplicated stock layer applied various setting (Soft Light and so on).. gradient map (useless could of done the same with levels) but put more orange into the signature.. then added the text and a border. I'll say it again, my mistake. You did put a lot of work into it. But you also forced me to take a closer look and now I can see the smoke doesn't blend and even though the overall theme is on the right track the font ruins it all and the bullet is over-sized. Which also led me to investigate Isloman's and yet again.. very simply done. I expect this kind of work out of novice signature makers. I am sure you both could of done a lot better or maybe it was a good thing I didn't enter this competition. No offense.

If it took that much work to create that simple of a signature... you should really take my advice and practice. Practice makes perfect. You'd be amazed to see what I do to create signatures. I do not mean this to insult you or your ability to make signatures.

I only wished to explain why I voted for Isloman and offer constructive criticism. I still stand by what I said: Isloman's is the better signature.

I find it quite pathetic you get worked up because Islo's work of 10 mins looks good.

Face it, Islo made the best sig, and it took him less time and effort.

Islo wins on all sides of the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.