World 24 ruined TW for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop by to tell you how you are all responsible for my inability to play tribal wars. Ever since I left world 24 I just haven't been able to play the game I once loved, and it's all because of world 24. The arguments, the lies, the back stabbing, the constant bickering, the pnp, the flame wars....... it was fantastic! Every world I've been on since has just felt empty and pale in comparison causing me to leave before we really get out of the startup phase. We set the bar high, very high, I think we can all agree that this was a very good world. The fact that I find myself reminiscing about it 2 years later is testament to that.

So how is everyone? Who's still around? What are your favourite world 24 memories?

Cheers

sypherr

adamskiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

How you doing bro? i play w53 MAINLY but im still alive and ponder in the shadows waiting..... to steal the world win for kinky lmao

DeletedUser

adamskiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

How you doing bro? i play w53 MAINLY but im still alive and ponder in the shadows waiting..... to steal the world win for kinky lmao

Hey man, I'm good, yourself?

Haha that's awesome, you're looking pretty big out there on the rim, if you could get me an account I would be happy to lend a hand in giving Kinky the win :icon_razz:

DeletedUser90814

Aaah, I've always loved you're sig adam !! It's the lovely :D

Favourite moment ... Hmm ... hard to say ... Perhaps when that " Coaliton " of nublet tribes attacked Xp ... and then one by one they fell apart ... that was good fun :D lol

DeletedUser

Hehe, I quite agree with you adam, nothing quite like spirited people biting each other's heads off :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Aaah, I've always loved you're sig adam !! It's the lovely :D

Favourite moment ... Hmm ... hard to say ... Perhaps when that " Coaliton " of nublet tribes attacked Xp ... and then one by one they fell apart ... that was good fun :D lol

Lol I always liked it too, don't like my avatar much but I've had it for so long now it'd be a shame to change it.

Hehe, I quite agree with you adam, nothing quite like spirited people biting each other's heads off :icon_wink:

The level of spite was through the roof at times, I don't think there's a single poster I didn't have an argument with :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

You were always an irrelevance to me, so I never argued with you

Repinski

Even though this was my first serious world (wow was a noob) I still compare worlds to this one and I find them..... Lacking..... There's not enough of the battle down to the last member tribes or the great flame wars and PnP anymore. And I probably missed a lot of that because I didn't start reading the externals till a good 6 months after I started playing.

DeletedUser

I have to agree, this world, was, something amazing. And I was only here for what? half of it?

Bo-John-bo

I must concur with the above ladies and gentlemen :)

W24 was my first world none of the ones I have played since have been half as good

I was a right newb to begin with, now I am a nub, but it has been a great world. I want it to end but then I dont :(

DeletedUser

when the world ends I think a part of a lot of people will die with it :(

DeletedUser

A special world indeed, met lots of amazing people, had a hell of a time.

W24 and Kinky will always remain one of my favourite periods in tribalwars.

DeletedUser

Has to be said, Kings was something unique, thanks to -all- of the tutoring from Rukoh, I now lead a rank 4 tribe on w52, just beat the rank 5 in a war too, so special thanks to Rukoh, :) Thanks :) seriously, I owe you so much. ( See I have haven't stopped capitalizing the I's, but stopped saying "lol" in every sentence... I did listen to you!

pillburydough

World 24 ruined TW or your life? I can say that TW did screw up my first year of high school and 1/2 of my second year! But, I did rebound in time - which I can promise myself enough to say I will make something of this time in my life not to go on the absolute wrong path...

But anyways I can say yes to you that World 24, isn't tribalwars....its more of bickerwars...and whoever has the most friends ends up winning in the end. But now that I'm back can someone fill me in with whats going on?

DeletedUser

I must concur with the above ladies and gentlemen :)

W24 was my first world none of the ones I have played since have been half as good

I was a right newb to begin with, now I am a nub, but it has been a great world. I want it to end but then I dont :(

Sadly, my post would resemble Bo's. Now I feel gross. Thanks.

deadsocks

I've heard it said that later worlds are more competitive, or have fewer players, or have less favourable stats, but whatever. Besides the first few days, all further worlds from this one have been unnecessary and have served only to reduce the size of our player base (the grass is always greener on the other side).

Any attempts of mine to join earlier/later worlds have ended in phail, but I'm glad. Any increased level of inability to play TW is a boost to your chances at successfully-doing-anything-that's-not-TW.

The days I loved the best were about 2 years or more ago. ESL was getting its ass handed to it. Kinky was still ominous. My duke vanished and left me in charge. There were MANIC (although we didn't yet know the full horror of MANIC) sympathisers to the south of us, experienced warmongers to the north of us, and the only sign we had that our villages would still be there in the morning was the word of LionalJ my diplomat, Mao Tse Yung of SWARM (renamed by me and Kristie to Mousie Garbonzo) and Rukoh from the far-east. Everything was dangerous and diplomacy - constantly in flux - actually meant something.

Then it was the MANIC orks, the worry that V-V-V would attack Garuda, getting KG to add me to MANIC chat, Mutiny with the friends I still hold dearer than any tribe til this day, Hocc's deaththreats, all kinds of rulebreaking and the forums would be alight at any given time, not just bumped once a week. Seriously, WTH is going on here. 0 players online IN-GAME for much of the day. I'm gaining ranks despite losing villages...

... Nostalgia were better in them days 'n' all...

DeletedUser

I played here as anachrophobia. Fond memories of the time, though it was my first world, took me FAR too long to learn to look beyond the K I originally started up in, and ended up on a pretty inglorious note, courtesy of MANIC.

Now playing W39. It's not the same, but as three tribes fight it out towards endgame, it's not a bad little world. About to hit cut price nobles as the number of active players falls.

If any W24 vets fancy a change of scene and pace, feel free to contact me through PMs and I'll give you a more detailed SITREP.

DeletedUser

I've heard it said that later worlds are more competitive, or have fewer players, or have less favourable stats, but whatever. Besides the first few days, all further worlds from this one have been unnecessary and have served only to reduce the size of our player base (the grass is always greener on the other side).

Any attempts of mine to join earlier/later worlds have ended in phail, but I'm glad. Any increased level of inability to play TW is a boost to your chances at successfully-doing-anything-that's-not-TW.

The days I loved the best were about 2 years or more ago. ESL was getting its ass handed to it. Kinky was still ominous. My duke vanished and left me in charge. There were MANIC (although we didn't yet know the full horror of MANIC) sympathisers to the south of us, experienced warmongers to the north of us, and the only sign we had that our villages would still be there in the morning was the word of LionalJ my diplomat, Mao Tse Yung of SWARM (renamed by me and Kristie to Mousie Garbonzo) and Rukoh from the far-east. Everything was dangerous and diplomacy - constantly in flux - actually meant something.

Then it was the MANIC orks, the worry that V-V-V would attack Garuda, getting KG to add me to MANIC chat, Mutiny with the friends I still hold dearer than any tribe til this day, Hocc's deaththreats, all kinds of rulebreaking and the forums would be alight at any given time, not just bumped once a week. Seriously, WTH is going on here. 0 players online IN-GAME for much of the day. I'm gaining ranks despite losing villages...

... Nostalgia were better in them days 'n' all...

Haha tell me about it, diplomacy during that period was infinitely more fun than actually playing the game. There was a hell of a lot of double crossing and back stabbing going on, I remember in one day me and nickers went from trying to buddy up with V-V-V and double team GAURUDA, to trying to ally with GARUDA to turn on V-V-V. Good times.

There is something which still bugs me to this day however, the only reason we attacked Storm after GARUDA declared is because we received information that there was going to be a triple entente against us in the form of V-V-V, Storm and GARUDA. Was this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.