World 27: End Game Phase!

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

Shadow now control 93% of player owned villages on world 27 so the time has come to start the closing of the world.

However, we realise that a lot of you have put a lot of effort into this world, and may not wish to see it end yet. Therefore, we're going to put the end date in control of the players.

If the current political situation does not change, world 27 will end as soon as Shadow eliminates all opposition or if that does not happen in sufficient time, by the end of January 2011. After this the winners will be announced.

However, if the world experiences large game changing events (such as the separation of Shadow into smaller tribes) and the majority is lost, we'll prolong the end date month by month until the majority has been gained again by a tribe.

Effective immediately gold coins will cost 25% of the standard price, and from the 9th onwards players that are removed from the game via ennoblement will not be able to restart.

I'd like to congratulate all the players and tribes that have made it this far, and thank you all for playing Tribal Wars!

About world 27:

World 27 was announced along with world 28 on the 10th of November 2008, and started on the 13th. It shared a registration constraint with world 28.

The world featured very unique settings, with each joining player being randomly put in one of 200 tribes. During the first three months of the world it was not possible to leave a tribe or for it to be disbanded. As soon as a tribe reached 100 members a duke was elected via vote in the forums.

10,587 players joined on opening day, with that total raising to 35,113 after a week. Sadly 35,113 was also the peak number of players we saw on the world.

In terms of ennoblement activity the world peaked during week 2 of 2009, during which there were 198 village captures every day.

The world has 107,414 villages, has seen 86,642 village captures and TW Stats has tracked 108,528 tribe changes, making the world the 'quietest' world we have at tribalwars.net.

The world was closed to new registrations on the 5th of August 2010.

Morthy
Community Manager

Cross posted from the announcements forum.

DeletedUser

Hurrah, Thankyou Morthy.

To all those coming over to have a look at the world, and wondering what has happened in it, theres an excellent write up by Zarin on this world's history, looking at the journey from the very start, to current times.

DeletedUser

I think it might be a little lacking Eph, I only reached last Christmas, such was the scope of my work ;) You'll have to go on the W27 Weekly and, more recently, the blog to ascertain the full happenings of the world. No doubt it means that, with the world ending, I'll have to tidy up my magnum opus.

But yes, thank you to Morthy and the TW team for finally putting this world to its end. Thank you also to all the great people of W27, past and present, who made it what it is.

Last but no means least, a massive thank you to all of Shadow who have been just the most wonderful group of people and with whom it has been such a privilege and pleasure to play.

Gouge

Congratulations to everyone on W27 for reaching the end game phase of the game.

DeletedUser

the tribe thing seems interesting i would like to try it on a new world

DeletedUser

Shadow!!

(you)
DeserveVictoryChurchill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21386

wow, what interesting settings. hope thee settings are tried again

DeletedUser

Congrats to Shadow. Well done and enjoy the final stretch. :)

DeletedUser

Slow world, but nonetheless, incredible job everyone (Meh, how about winners only).

DeletedUser67005

Settings were quite different.

I don't know if I'd like to play a world like that, though. I might end up in the same tribe as Plarin. ;)

DeletedUser92289

Well done shadow - Thanks for the hundreds of attacks :D

DeletedUser91851

how about turning the restart off or beginner protection, its getting old very quickly this restart thing!

DeletedUser

Well done everyone! It has been a real pleasure playing on this world and I have made many friends who I will keep in touch with on Facebook if nothing else! SHADOW RULES THE WORLD! :)

Yeah!!!!!

DeletedUser

44 ranked players. 44 members in shadow. I believe you guys just won the world through total conquest. Grats.

DeletedUser91851

We are the champions!
We are the champions!
No time for losers!
Cause we are the champions!
Of the world!

Gunther Maplethorpe

I want to publicly tip my hat to Shadow and all the excellent players in that tribe, even though I've taken an almighty drubbing at their hands for the past year or so. Congrats!