World 5 start date?

drxavier

Just asking when did game start? Is there a way to find out?

FYI.....

drxavier said:
Using some finger in the air calcs

World map page and conquers per day stat per player chart

Xconnect appears to be calc'd at 2,557 days before today - 21st March 2015

Today is March 21, 2014 so that means that 2557 days before today would be March 21, 2007.

You can check this by using the date difference calculator to measure the number of days from today to Mar 21, 2007.

So that is 7 (seven) years today! Happy Game Birthday Xconnect!

gargareth

Server run-time: 2605 days (from statistics page)

2605=365*7+2+48
Seems to suggest 7 years and 48 days ago. Which would suggest 2nd feb 2007. Which is wrong because the first w5 forum entires that suggest the world is active are on feb 1 2007. They are 2605 and a bit days ago. Which I suppose would logically mean that the day count hasn't updated yet. So it's probably 1st Feb 2007.

Yeah theres posts about the first 4 spear and 3 pally around 18:00 on 1st feb 2007 so it will have been 1st Feb.

Zord Gaf

Elder Moderator
Tribal Wars Team
Elder
Contest Moderator
Reaction score
The forums always open earlier than the world. So whilst the forums might say "1st Feb 2007" the game probably started at around 10am on the 2nd.
However, I haven't looked up the threads -- I'm just speculating that they are probably pre-world.

gargareth

Well as I said in my post, they are talking about the first spears and pallys having been built on 1st feb 2007.

Seems unlikely to be pre-world honestly.

I'm going to stick with 1st Feb 2007.

Zord Gaf

Elder Moderator
Tribal Wars Team
Elder
Contest Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't see that bit. Then, yes, 1st would be the most likely candidate.

DeletedUser57316

Will this world ever end o_O Its crazy looking at the stats and all these huge players, and seeing that they are active. Some of these guys are bigger then world winning tribes we see today on newer worlds.

Ironhelms

Will this world ever end o_O Its crazy looking at the stats and all these huge players, and seeing that they are active. Some of these guys are bigger then world winning tribes we see today on newer worlds.

and a few of us still read the forums :icon_eek:

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

Well, I don't know about that, but yes, some tribes have won with only a few hundred million points.

and a few of us still read the forums :icon_eek:

lol. Considering how few people are left on the world, people should hardly expect many people to be active in the externals.