World 5

DeletedUser4797

No, as it sais in the above post, it speeds up support, allowing you to easier protect your villages and allies by sending support.

DeletedUser1259

10am tomorrow for me i think if it's still 11am severtime. Can't wait to check out the new units and battle system. Thanks to everyone that has provided answers in this thread.

techboy

w5

i think the new units and graphic should be on all the worlds:icon_twisted: :lol: :icon_evil:

Melkon

with archers, how can be composed the defence? without them the best was spears and swords in a 2/3 proportion... now i was wandering that maybe can be conveniente do not use spears at all...

DeletedUser1259

Spears are an effective defence against LC though aren't they? Also, they're cheap and are quicker to make. But the balance will be harder to diversify.

Tarion

Spears are an effective defence against LC though aren't they? Also, they're cheap and are quicker to make. But the balance will be harder to diversify.
Archers are almost as good versus Cavalry (Compared to Spears) as good versus Infantry (Compared to Axes) but weak versus Mounted Archers (Compared to Swordsmen)

Seems to me that 1:1 Archers:Sword will do a good job. It absolutely pwns infantry, and does good damage versus both LC and MA (Mounted Archers)

EDIT: With the new units, I'd take a bet that HC might see some action. Their defence is good against them all, but especially against Archers.

DeletedUser5905

What i want to know is if horse archers are treated like archers or archers and cav when attacking. Would be pretty confusing if both but could they choose the way to attack?

Melkon

Seems to me that 1:1 Archers:Sword will do a good job. It absolutely pwns infantry, and does good damage versus both LC and MA (Mounted Archers)

EDIT: With the new units, I'd take a bet that HC might see some action. Their defence is good against them all, but especially against Archers.
i did some simulations, 1/1 Arch/Swords make a GREAT job... and the best attack against is a mono mounted archer ^^ (and in any case, if you use ram against walls, the rams die in huge number)

in ant case, i dont think heavy cavallery can have a chance... the onlt positive aspect of it is the speed, but it's too expensive and not so strong (if you see the defence/poulation values, it has only a 33 12 30 ...!)

Tarion

i did some simulations, 1/1 Arch/Swords make a GREAT job... and the best attack against is a mono mounted archer ^^ (and in any case, if you use ram against walls, the rams die in huge number)

in ant case, i dont think heavy cavallery can have a chance... the onlt positive aspect of it is the speed, but it's too expensive and not so strong (if you see the defence/poulation values, it has only a 33 12 30 ...!)
Woah, not only are you right, but that means they're inferior to Swordsmen, in all respects (Bar speed). They even have the same attack :icon_razz:

DeletedUser3189

So heavy calvary doesn't pwn anymore? I'm used to them being the ultimate support troop and attack troop. Of course, I still use cheaper units, but this may take some getting used to.

Why did they cancel leveling up, anyway? Without additional levels, will you still be able to research 15 techs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Melkon

So heavy calvary doesn't pwn anymore? I'm used to them being the ultimate support troop and attack troop. Of course, I still use cheaper units, but this may take some getting used to.

Why did they cancel leveling up, anyway? Without additional levels, will you still be able to research 15 techs?

simply you won't have to reserch tech at all, but any unit will be unlocked as soon as tou build the correspective level of smithy. anyway, since hc cost was raised and strenght weakend, (ie in tw.it where i play hc costs 180 120 500, while here it cost 200 150 600. also, here hc are weaker), i don't think they are useful... in my opinion, hc here are only a waste of resources.
furthermore, now that we have palladin, we don't need anymore to use quick support, becouse we can send 10k sword with a palladin at the speed of a Lc!!!

DeletedUser3189

Woot!

So we just level up smithy to the proper level for X troop, and don't even have to research one level? That's cool.