World 52 Settings

DeletedUser

just wondering.. how is one supposed to wait 5 days before he/she can start farming?

thought that i'd teach certain someone to play on this world, but i doub't i have that patience to wait. : /

DeletedUser

you can still farm barbs as beginner protection won't be on for them lol. and the whole point of the protection is so the newbies dont get farmed right out from the bat.

- Alex

DeletedUser

just wondering.. how is one supposed to wait 5 days before he/she can start farming?

thought that i'd teach certain someone to play on this world, but i doub't i have that patience to wait. : /

you sound like an excellent teacher.

DeletedUser

since there wont be much restarting for the sake of better locationing and those so called noobs don't know when to restart, really.. then there won't be much to work with, only some bonus villages if ur lucky.^^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

minaise said:

You will be able to farm all barbarians and bonus villages, its just for players. 5 days its like in the old worlds. :)

If true I like that players cannot choose their starting direction - I hope all most all premades will fail.

DeletedUser

You know you can use the edit button. :icon_neutral:
adding a quote into old post would be such a pain.

You will be able to farm all barbarians and bonus villages.
pff, had to take my mind off the report im doing. : /

anyways, my point was that it's rather hard to teach fast start-up in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

adding a quote into old post would be such a pain.

pff, had to take my mind off the report im doing. : /

anyways, my point was that it's rather hard to teach fast start-up in this world.

Its really not that hard. You startup here just like any other world, only you farm barbs for a bit longer than normal players. If anything, it will change your troop build slightly.

DeletedUser

the problem is that every random player has more time to build theire def troops up, at the same time lack of farms leaves ur own troop build in stagnation, that combined with the uneffectiveness of an student, it will take alot longer to dominate ur area.

DeletedUser

the problem is that every random player has more time to build theire def troops up, at the same time lack of farms leaves ur own troop build in stagnation, that combined with the uneffectiveness of an student, it will take alot longer to dominate ur area.

Why is it that this complaint always comes up. If the enemy is able to build up and stockpile a defense, why cant you do exactly the same thing? There is absolutely nothing wrong with a defensive startup, and if you do it well, you can keep up with and at times exceed the growth of the offensive starter.

A defensive startup is also extremely beneficial for a newer player. If they even do a semi good job, maybe even coordinate with another player in their area, their defenses together will easily keep out an offensive startup player near them.

DeletedUser

i was speaking for offensive startup, i hate defensive because provoking others to attack ur defensive village can be so tiresome. : /

exactly the same thing.. fine, i fill my village with def troops, everyone in the area has now a fully defensive village, now what? only way to get new farms this way would be by making others attack u, if they wont, u'll end up just feeding on those few barbs and growing slowly.

and u cant stack ur village with offensive troops the same way simply because offensive troops take up more resources. hc build takes more, but care.

DeletedUser

i was speaking for offensive startup, i hate defensive because provoking others to attack ur defensive village can be so tiresome. : /
So dont waste time provoking them

exactly the same thing.. fine, i fill my village with def troops, everyone in the area has now a fully defensive village, now what? only way to get new farms this way would be by making others attack u, if they wont, u'll end up just feeding on those few barbs and growing slowly.
I doubt everyone in the area will do a defensive startup. In fact, very few people do defensive startups these days, and most of them that do fail at it because they dont know what theyre doing. Like I said, you could always team up with someone near you. If you plan on helping new players out, you might as well get them used to team work.

and u cant stack ur village with offensive troops the same way simply because offensive troops take up more resources. hc build takes more, but care.
Um, and stacking a village with offensive units might simply be stupid as well? Not really sure where that point is going...

DeletedUser

I doubt everyone in the area will do a defensive startup. In fact, very few people do defensive startups these days, and most of them that do fail at it because they dont know what theyre doing. Like I said, you could always team up with someone near you. If you plan on helping new players out, you might as well get them used to team work.
u have to keep in mind that this world is meant for newcomers, they dont intentionally do defensive startups, but majority of them r still defence oriented. i plan on helping only one new player out, who i will be co-playing if needed.

Um, and stacking a village with offensive units might simply be stupid as well? Not really sure where that point is going...
not stacking as stacking, but building equal amount of offensive troops to defensive troops that u could build in those five days.

DeletedUser

u have to keep in mind that this world is meant for newcomers, they dont intentionally do defensive startups, but majority of them r still defence oriented. i plan on helping only one new player out, who i will be co-playing if needed.

not stacking as stacking, but building equal amount of offensive troops to defensive troops that u could build in those five days.

I plan on letting them know the benefits of each method and letting them choose which type. An offensive startup is fine and all, but a lot of people seem to think that it is way better than a defensive startup, which really isnt true

DeletedUser

I plan on letting them know the benefits of each method and letting them choose which type. An offensive startup is fine and all, but a lot of people seem to think that it is way better than a defensive startup, which really isnt true

Personally i think offensive start up does benifit more but.. You have to be extremely more active! As most of your know offensive troops left in a village for a attack is a big NO.

Defensive does have its advantages as a long standing start-up. Usually resulting in nobling a barb 1st as you don't have the power to clear anyone and then turning that into a offensive village. But if you got a good tribe they could help you with either method. Account sitting to keep you active or help you clear a noble target.

DeletedUser

Personally i think offensive start up does benifit more but.. You have to be extremely more active! As most of your know offensive troops left in a village for a attack is a big NO.

Defensive does have its advantages as a long standing start-up. Usually resulting in nobling a barb 1st as you don't have the power to clear anyone and then turning that into a offensive village. But if you got a good tribe they could help you with either method. Account sitting to keep you active or help you clear a noble target.

Agreed. The thing is that a lot of newer players wont be extremely active, or theyll forget to send out the offense over night or get a sitter, that type of thing. For a first world especially, defensive startup is simply the safer way to go.

DeletedUser

Agreed. The thing is that a lot of newer players wont be extremely active, or theyll forget to send out the offense over night or get a sitter, that type of thing. For a first world especially, defensive startup is simply the safer way to go.

They say the best way to learn is the hard way, I just hope the newer/less experienced players take note of all this