World 59 Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If i need to i can post every world, this isnt just w59 and some people complaining on blogging staff. It is the TW community, if you cant do you homework and look at each world like most of has, then you are blind my friend.
Actually, if you look at blog threads, you'll find that only some people complain in only some threads.

When I blogged for w42, I had very few complaints. People would occasionally prod me when I didn't blog on time, but I would get something out then. Of the few times I was accused of bias, I think all were bias against my own tribe. No, I did not get 4 blogs out every month. I did for a while though. I only slowed down when issues emerged irl (and I told my world there would be issues and I offered them the chance to help me get blogs out more regularly, but no one volunteered).

Not every world even has a blogger, so just based on that you can't say it's every world. It isn't the fault of blog staff if no qualified bloggers apply, so don't use that as an excuse either please.

The blogging staff for every world in general doesnt do what you guys are so called paid to do.
Part of this is addressed above. As for the other part, it was stated previously that bloggers don't get pp unless they blog.

So please go tell your mere rubbish to someone that doesnt know how to research
Really? :icon_neutral: Any response I make to this will turn into a flame fest. I'll just point out that in your research, you've already found some worlds without current complaints about bloggers.

(This paragraph bolded in hope of getting a response this time.)
You've only responded to one section of my post. I'd like a response to the bottom two paragraphs of my last post. You know, the ones where I ask you to do something constructive to help the blog staff improve? The one where I ask you to do something other than just sit and write out general complaints and flames, and instead identify specific issues with corresponding suggestions?

DeletedUser

Im not saying a blogger has to do 4 blogs a month, but to not even do one in the same time is redicilous.

DeletedUser

(This paragraph bolded in hope of getting a response this time.)
You've only responded to one section of my post. I'd like a response to the bottom two paragraphs of my last post. You know, the ones where I ask you to do something constructive to help the blog staff improve? The one where I ask you to do something other than just sit and write out general complaints and flames, and instead identify specific issues with corresponding suggestions?

My Suggestions on bloggers since they dont have to really do it, yea i understand if they do one they get PP. To Keep a staff running properly so not to burn out one player trying to keep up. Each world that does have bloggers, they need to have 2 to 3 bloggers for that set world. All communicating of course before one just posts, that way its not such a burden on just one.

The old saying goes, the more minds the merrier. With all doing it they can get different perspectives on the world and they can post spot on blogs for that world.

samulis

Note: This is an official statement by the Tribalwars.net Blog Administration, not an official statement by InnoGames or the tribalwars.net forum or game administration.

Hello, World 59!

As Assistant Administrator of the Blog, I want to clear a few things up. Please do not argue against or complain about anything I say in this forum topic.

• The tribalwars.net Blog does not recognize any blogger it does not hire as 'Official Blogger'. We request that any volunteer who has not submitted an application and has had that application accepted to please make sure it is clear that they are the Unofficial Blogger. We do not mean this out of disrespect, but out of a need to keep people from being confused.
  • We previously tried having multiple bloggers per world, but that didn't really work out as well as one might think. Instead, we are now considering a system where bloggers can step in and cover other worlds as they please and still get the same credit they would as if they were blogging normally, among other ideas.
  • If there is an issue with the blog or our policies, please send me or the Administrator, Jehosophat, a message. We welcome suggestions that are thought out and written in a respectful tone. Please do NOT use the world blogger thread as a complaint thread.
  • Sadly, several bloggers over the past two years have been removed by the administration for inactivity. While most bloggers submit a more formal resignation, some either do not have the chance to due to real-life issues (such as if a major disaster happens in their area or a serious emotional or medical emergency occurs) that we don't know about. Therefore, we try to give a grace period as well as contact them through e-mail, skype, and forum messages regularly and see if we can at least establish contact. If possible, we try to see if they have any drafts that can be finished and published.
  • The only way to become hired is to be approved by the Blog Administrator, who goes through the process of reviewing and checking the applications with the help of the Head Bloggers, veteran bloggers who, in addition to blogging, help other bloggers improve and check in on them.

Regarding Kayg, I was contacted about two weeks ago about the issue of his inactivity, aside from the already apparent fact that he was not to be seen in the Skype chat. We are generally a close-knit community, even including newer members, and the lack of activity is something easily noted by the size of the staff at this time.

At that time, it was too early to call anything- a blogger has at the very least one month of grace time before he or she is removed. During that time, we, as I said before, try to contact the blogger. We were not able to reach Kayg (to my personal knowledge, at least) and his removal will occur in the near future if he does not respond.

If you have any further questions, please contact me or Jehosophat directly.

Thanks,

-Samulis
Assistant Administrator
The Tribalwars.net Blog

DeletedUser

Might i ask, why one player (Reza) is allowed to put forward an application, and i was advised i could not, as the position was deemed currently not open?

If and when the position becomes Officially open for applications ,will all players /interested parties be given an equal chance to apply?
Best, Blue

samulis

Might i ask, why one player (Reza) is allowed to put forward an application, and i was advised i could not, as the position was deemed currently not open?

If and when the position becomes Officially open for applications ,will all players /interested parties be given an equal chance to apply?
Best, Blue

At this time, we have successfully received an application from Reza. The blog administration tries to make sure that we don't throw people off the boat until they are truly inactive, while in the meantime, we do wish to find a replacement in a timely manner so that the world is not utterly lost in an information vacuum. I urge you to consider (re-)submitting your application in the future, as if Jehosophat has moved over one application from w59, more are clearly welcome.

Before submitting, do look over the guidelines for applications in the sub-forum for Blog applications.

The blog will not accept someone to the team without officially making the position 'clear', however, often times people apply in advance for new worlds, leaving those who wish to apply once the world is open in the dust, so to speak.

I will need to talk with the Administrator about finalizing the removal of Kayg from the team. Once that is done, I will post here stating that the position is officially open. However, I do see where you are coming from and since Reza's application is in, I see no reason why you cannot or should not submit an application unless you don't meet the application standards.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There will be no decision made until the end of this month. If I do not hear from Kayg by then, I will open up the position to applications and look for a suitable replacement. I want to remind everyone that in order to even be considered you MUST have a clean ingame and forum record on all your accounts for at least the past 6 months.

DeletedUser

You know this game is getting more and more ridiculous, I have been talking to Reza and I just found out some very disturbing news I thought I would share with everyone since its now true. See Reza told me he wasnt getting accepted to be W59's blogger, and this is his reply basically

Jehosophat said that it was because of my forum history -.-
I have had 5 warning in all of the time i have been on this account. the last 6 month i have had 2 for a double post -.-

So jehosophat hasnt even looked at my application (from what she has said)

Reza

There is other things said in it but i was asked to not list it all, now this is really becoming BS. WE have 2 people that I know of that want to help the world by blogging and thats Blue and Reza, and yet the TW staff is so strict on a volunteer blogger its just crazy. I mean come on, if thats all Reza has as far as infractions. Please, thats a pathetic excuse not to let him do it

I will commend Reza thou for this simple comment

Go ahead. Im still making voluntary blog. And much better than before just because of this :D

Reza

Still nice job brother, I disagree with how this went down. But nice attitude keep up the good work

samulis

You know this game is getting more and more ridiculous, I have been talking to Reza and I just found out some very disturbing news I thought I would share with everyone since its now true. See Reza told me he wasnt getting accepted to be W59's blogger, and this is his reply basically

There is other things said in it but i was asked to not list it all, now this is really becoming BS. WE have 2 people that I know of that want to help the world by blogging and thats Blue and Reza, and yet the TW staff is so strict on a volunteer blogger its just crazy. I mean come on, if thats all Reza has as far as infractions. Please, thats a pathetic excuse not to let him do it

I will commend Reza thou for this simple comment

Still nice job brother, I disagree with how this went down. But nice attitude keep up the good work

Please direct any complaints to me or Jehosophat. I have sent you a PM in regards to your complaint.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

I have looked over his application thoroughly as I do all applications. I hold all applicants to the same standards that any other department of TW does, whether they are applying for forum, ingame or the blog. Team members are held to high standards. I will only higher people who meet those standards. You are entitled to your opinion of the situation, but you clearly don't have all the relevant information and I am not getting into it with you, especially on a public forum. As of now the position isn't even open. If/when it is open, I will hire someone qualified for the job. This is based both on writing ability and reputation, a part of which is forum and ingame record.

DeletedUser

Any complaints can be taken up with the Blog Admins, this topic will be locked until a blogger is appointed.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.