World 7: The beginning of the end

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

-WE- now control 76% of player owned villages on world 7 so the time has come to start the closing of the world.

However, we realise that a lot of you have put a lot of effort into this world, and may not wish to see it end yet. Therefore, we're going to put the end date in control of the players.

If the current political situation does not change, world 7 will end at the end of January, and the winners will be announced.

However, if the world experiences large game changing events (such as the separation of -WE- into smaller tribes) and the majority is lost, we'll prolong the end date month by month until the majority has been gained again by a tribe.

Effective immediately gold coins will cost 25% of the standard price, and from the 20th onwards players that are removed from the game via ennoblement will not be able to restart.

I'd like to congratulate all the players and tribes that have made it this far, and thank you all for playing Tribal Wars!

About world 7:

World 7 was announced on 3rd of May 2007 and started on the 11th. Sadly a previous community manager hard deleted the only copy of the announcement.

The world had fairly simple settings, with 1/1 speed, archers and the paladin enabled (items hadn't been added to the game yet) using the simple tech system. We also used the 20:1 ratio beginner protection system for the first time, and the world was the last time the fake limit was enabled until World 25 started. The core contained 8000 villages compared to the 5000 found on more recent worlds.

22,447 players joined on the opening day, growing to 50,413 after one week. The player count grew to around 65k players and shrunk down to 30k several times throughout the year, finally peaking at 77,598 on the 24th of February 2008.

We switched from points based morale to points+time based on roughly the 20th of March 2008, and the world closed to new registrations at the peak player count.

In terms of ennoblement activity the world peaked during week 16 of 2008, during which there were 1300 village captures every day.

The world has 310,883 villages, has seen 800,706 village captures and TW Stats has tracked 294,988 tribe changes.

Morthy
Community Manager

Cross posted from the Announcements forum.

DeletedUser

Yayyyyyy!!! Thanks Morthy and congrats everyone! Now, let's get this done right, shall we?

power89

I know that it is important to close worlds to maybe free up servers and quicken the game (possibly, im not a genius) but dont go to crazy... Thats 3 in about 2/3 months. I remember joining this world on a previous account ages and ages ago and it was basically where I learnt to play tribalwars. Sad to see it go!

Congrats -WE-!!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser53550

Another world full of point-whoring, mass-recruiting, family friendly, tree-hugging.. how come W7 hasn't been allowed to finish ye... Oh wait, we are being allowed to finish!

Thanks Morthy

DeletedUser

I know that it is important to close worlds to maybe free up servers and quicken the game (possibly, im not a genius) but dont go to crazy... Thats 3 in about 2/3 months. I remember joining this world on a previous account ages and ages ago and it was basically where I learnt to play tribalwars. Sad to see it go!

Congrats -WE-!!!

That maybe so, but it i think everyone who is still in it wants it to end, especially as -WE- doesn't have any real competition

DeletedUser37109

Thank you Morthy!

hehe previous community manager :p
so sneaky

Congrats to us!!!

DeletedUser

Well, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm sean and you'll be hearing a lot from me over the coming few months.

No I'm joking. But well done -WE-. On track to be the first tribe to noble their way to victory in a world :)

DeletedUser42959

So the world has finally entered the end game phrase :)

Thanks Morthy, and congratz to -WE- :D

DeletedUser

it would be sad to see it end it was the first world i ever joined and i quit at 72k i wish i had stayed thnx for being a great starting world and a learning expiriance

mordecairule

Woot... finally! Now to continue to munch away at the remaining "enemies".

DeletedUser

Congrats -WE-!!!

seriously, they are not mass closing worlds without regard for the players involved, certainly world 7 has been asking for this end game phase since early May, if not before that.
it has taken a lot of questioning back and forth to get to this phase so do not worry about them having a knee jerk reaction and closing a lot of worlds.

I have said before and i will say again after 2 years a round goes stale and this one has been going on 3 1/2 years, there are quite a few of us who were all but inactive until they announced that a world could finally be won. this breathed life back in to the world.

I for one will be glad to finally be able to lay this world to rest. being in the dominant tribe is the icing on the cake... to the victors the spoils

DeletedUser

Good old times with The Krauts, good old times.
Wish i never left.
Quick look at the memberlist and it seems w7 has no ex-TKs left. :icon_sad:

GG WE, GG.

DeletedUser

it would be sad to see it end it was the first world i ever joined and i quit at 72k i wish i had stayed thnx for being a great starting world and a learning expiriance

It may have been the first world you joined but you didn't actually noble a single village so I don't see where you got the 72k points from :)

Grats -WE- anyway. You guys have fought hard for this.

DeletedUser

It's been a long and hard struggle. In the end, the strength and persistence of WE members won out. I salute you, gentlemen. Assuming the political situation does not see a drastic change in the next few weeks, you have earned your victory.

Good game.

DeletedUser

Congrats -WE-!

I have no clue about w7 past all the crap and spin people are putting on the w18 and w12 posts, but I know what it is to get to the end of the game and finish it out. Great job, and welcome to the club!

Socolofi
Duke of Apoc-N, W18

bomberace101

Hmm i think if they want to match the achievements of the other 2 worlds they need to clear those last tribes in the next 3 months to control all the Ks

mordecairule

Hmm i think if they want to match the achievements of the other 2 worlds they need to clear those last tribes in the next 3 months to control all the Ks
Meh... might be a bit unrealistic to think that, although the further coin reduction will certainly help.