World 80 Blog discussion thread

DeletedUser116596

Good read can't wait for the next update keep up the good work :)

arabela

I know when i accepted it as a viable option. It was world 42 and I was leading my first tribe called Grumpy Old Sods. I was naive and made a lot of the same mistakes that every naive tribe leader does. My biggest mistake was not underestimating my enemy but rather overestimating the loyalty of my own tribe mates. We were a fairly full tribe battling with an enemy group of a whopping 5 members one of which was the lovely Arabella. They had convinced half my tribe to leave when I had spent a few hours organizing support plans launch times and landing times for each village. When all my offense went splat I was perplexed. I soon found out only a few of us launched while the others hit the leave tribe button. I was crushed but I learned a valuable lesson that day. People will do what they feel is necessary to protect their own valuables. Thats the day I ceased to be what i was as a player and Undead Billy Mays was born.

That's my personal story, whats yours?

Is sacrificing morals worth victories?

Great read UBM ;)

Now let me tell you my story, it is very similar with yours.

I was a big noob (like you were), and I lead a family in w14. Was called 300, and i even had 2 sister tribes. :D
I did same mistake as u did in w42, mass recruiting ...

Everything went well, till some point when tribes around me decided to gang bang us.

After i got hit from all directions except North, i noticed how fast everybody start to quit, how i start to sit all those many accounts i recruited and now i have to defend them. At some point, i didn't even know what account to defend first. Even my enemies, started to feel for me lol. And trust me, i had great opponents, like Jayjay and Toxic.J (J0usif from w42). I had hard times, and in the end from all those 3 tribes i remained in 4 players...

What happened in w42, was a lesson for you from a player that had this lesson learned already. ;) We all have been there, and this kind of lessons changed us. This is tribal war, you don't recruit just cause someone asks u to join, you don't recruit just to fill up some free places in the tribe, and when u recruit you always check if the recruitment is fine with players that are close to the new recruit. I am a very territorial player that needs her own space. And like me, there are more... When u recruit their "food", u don't have to question their attachment for the tribe anymore...

anyway, great read ;)

DeletedUser84793

Great read UBM ;)

I was a big noob (like you were), and I lead a family in w14. Was called 300, and i even had 2 sister tribes. :D

Everything went well, till some point when tribes around me decided to gang bang us.

After i got hit from all directions except North, i noticed how fast everybody start to quit, how i start to sit all those many accounts i recruited and now i have to defend them. At some point, i didn't even know what account to defend first. Even my enemies, started to feel for me lol. And trust me, i had great opponents, like Jayjay and Toxic.J (J0usif from w42). I had hard times, and in the end from all those 3 tribes i remained in 4 players...

What happened in w42, was a lesson for you from a player that had this lesson learned already. ;) We all have been there, and this kind of lessons changed us. This is tribal war, you don't recruit just cause someone asks u to join, you don't recruit just to fill up some free places in the tribe, and when u recruit you always check if the recruitment is fine with players that are close to the new recruit. I am a very territorial player that needs her own space. And like me, there are more... When u recruit their "food", u don't have to question their attachment for the tribe anymore...

anyway, great read ;)

I agree with you..nice post.

mike62

Nice read Arabela, sounds very similar to my world in W18 we were a family tribe and we basically had our tea fed to us. Problems were the same as yours, as soon as the attacks started the Turtles ran. It takes a lot to admit earlier mistakes but doing so shows you have learnt from them.

DeletedUser92753

fL1kSdQ.png

Looks like MvDC gaining a positional advantage in K45, while Farm. is responding by recruiting into K44. Interesting strategy. As far as the Core conflicts predicted, this one seems most ready to start. Might be a bloodbath though, and potentially very one-sided.

DeletedUser117694

Well you seen I guess it take a whole band of fools to even touch us.

Farm. looking for help from VVV, WOOT, & PSD.

Why anyone would ever give farm a shot in the dark idk.

DeletedUser44759

enjoyed that so much I forgot to drink my coffee and now it's cold! Curse you UBM and crew!!! (Good to see AG still about btw)

DeletedUser112704

it was nice to read, I'm nowhere near the core, so wars there do not concern me yet. as for the future, only future knows what will happen there :p

as for my personality, people tend to call me a double faced bas**rd (sorry for my language), both friends (in a good way) and enemies (in a bad way).

DeletedUser

What a good read.

And Amish Gangsta?? What a legend....I've seen what he can do and it's scary, real scary!!

I wouldn't mind catching up with him but I don't know his IGN!!

DeletedUser

What a good read.

And Amish Gangsta?? What a legend....I've seen what he can do and it's scary, real scary!!

I wouldn't mind catching up with him but I don't know his IGN!!

Search Amish? Im sure you'll find him then.:icon_biggrin:

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
2 new articles posted - From UBM and AmishGangsta

Hopefully they will prod some real discussion here in this thread. Topic of the day apparently was diplomacy.

DeletedUser117702

Probably provoked a few cancelled relationships here ;) good job, although a full package starring the other 2 minions would have been nice :O

Ripfin

Great read UBM ;)

Arabela a noob ? :lol::lol:

Also if Friend and Roman ever go to war, my moneys on Friend for the win, since so far my encounter with Roman has been noobsville.

Last edited:

DeletedUser105475

It was a good read, as all fictional tales are. I wish you would check your sources properly before writing about them in a blog. But i understand you have time constrains and readers to please :)

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It was a good read, as all fictional tales are. I wish you would check your sources properly before writing about them in a blog. But i understand you have time constrains and readers to please :)

Thank you for the compliments. As far as the content of your post - Which part was not accurate? The timeline with Jager was basic, and stated to be events as I know them - I don't think the events are different, rather it's probable more information ( that i did not get into for reasons of it being from one source) surrounding the events would be volunteered?

It is quite easy to call it a tale of fiction without supplying any proof. Can Invict provide proof that they should be looked at as an honest and upstanding tribe? I think the readers would enjoy listening! I am not convinced but am willing to change position if the evidence suggests it!