World 80 Blog discussion thread

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Jesus, I can't express how much I love these. Beautifully written, brilliantly entertaining and just all round excellent. These high quality posts are exactly what the forum needs and I'm sure many people look forward to reading these as soon as they are up. I just hope you don't get worn out, and that you keep them coming as it definitely makes the world affairs that much more exciting! I think it would be great if people chucked their views and whatever in the discussion thread as well, as I'm sure these blogs can help generate discussion and interest.

After saying that, I feel I should try contribute my thoughts as well. In regards to the declaration prompting members to betray their tribe I am also not a fan of it. While no doubt effective at the early parts of the game, mainly as a "scare" tactic (I say scare tactic, as it can cause mass hysteria) I feel it can also cause more harm than good. As mentioned it will most likely disrupt communication and potentially put players on edge curious as to if anyone has defected and trusting only those on a need-to-know basis. However I feel using these "dirty" tactics, can sometimes be a detriment. It immediately puts a target on your back for other tribes, this tribe is willing to go to extreme lengths to get their way, perhaps we should be cautious and avoid diplomacy with them ect. Additionally even though there is an 80 tribe limit, and therefore you are likely to convince a few to give their information, I think you are equally as likely to receive false information as well and if it is true that you already have spies in their tribe why would you draw attention to it (Making me believe they might not actually have spies in that tribe) all you are doing is making your enemy more cautious, safe and less risk taking. Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser116463

I love reading the W80 blog.. Man and the attached graphics are beautifully selected. Topic and content as what famousinferno said its profoundly entertaining.UBM, can you create a COA for ConDom ,please? our COA is a copy-paste from google. :DWell done.

OGILL

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
"i help the others with their builds"-snowfangz

not looking good for the others

DeletedUser67772

I love reading the W80 blog.. Man and the attached graphics are beautifully selected. Topic and content as what famousinferno said its profoundly entertaining.UBM, can you create a COA for ConDom ,please? our COA is a copy-paste from google. :DWell done.

dont do it :D make your own loser :p

DeletedUser105475

You know what UBM? You wanted an apology from people, and i'll be the first to admit i was wrong about snowfangz, and i apologise if i offended you.

P.S.
orchestrating the exodus of Invict players today.

I don't know if it was on purpose, but i found it amusing because exodus was a tribe that merged into Invict early in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

d4m0

I do wish you'd set this up on a non p2w world UBM, personally can't stand them and don't play them seriously for very long. In any case, another interesting read. What's with the cliffhanger sentence at the end...?

DeletedUser67772

I wonder what tribe he was talking about being in the top 20 soon :3

DeletedUser

I agree with Inferno their needs to be more people on the forums, I really enjoy the propaganda/banter back and forth.
the more people that get on from the main game the better.

Cant wait for some wars to start, then it will get interesting.

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Let's definitely try to get some nice War declarations and PnP going this world. It always spices things up and adds a little personality to tribes.

DeletedUser

"i help the others with their builds"-snowfangz

not looking good for the others

I think this observation is worthy of a bit more discussion. I'm not really sure what to make of those village builds myself. Anyone else have anything to say on the matter?

Griffin140

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
How often will the blog be updated? I understand it is quite a production but I am excited for the new release lol

An Bhoran

Jesus, I can't express how much I love these.

thank-you-thank-you-very-much-thumb.jpg

DeletedUser92753

Nice addition. I find it interesting for the tone of the world that rather than jumping on an opportunity to expand through fighting, many chose to recruit within a short time-frame. It was a perfect situation to make big gains without recruitment, but recruitment was still chosen nonetheless. It will be interesting to see if Invict just had the wrong combo of players, of if they will spread their issues to other tribes. This 80 member limit will lead to many more such break-ups if I'm a betting man.

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
With great tribe changes, comes great information leakages and spies.

Wouldn't surprise me if Regime were the only top 10 tribe at this point with out a spy.

DeletedUser

I do not plan to say much about MvDC. In fact, this will most likely be my only post. But i will say that we definitely were not aiming for the top points.

I understand being uninterested in our area, in fact i prefer it that way. But it is unwise to assume things. Both Gents and MvDC had reasons for the recruitments they made. as far as i know, neither of us were aiming to be "rank 1". Of course im unable to speak directly for Gents.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I do not plan to say much about MvDC. In fact, this will most likely be my only post. But i will say that we definitely were not aiming for the top points.

I understand being uninterested in our area, in fact i prefer it that way. But it is unwise to assume things. Both Gents and MvDC had reasons for the recruitments they made. as far as i know, neither of us were aiming to be "rank 1". Of course im unable to speak directly for Gents.

So is it true or not true that some of these same "new" members are former targets that come in fairly troop deprived from recent attacks on their village from either AL or MvDC forces prior to joining? (and don't lie because i already know the truth) If that is the case, then how could one argue that it isn't done solely for boosting rankings in the world?

Last edited:

Griffin140

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So is it true or not true that some of these same "new" members are former targets that come in fairly troop deprived from recent attacks on their village from either AL or MvDC forces prior to joining? (and don't lie because i already know the truth) If that is the case, then how could one argue that it isn't done solely for boosting rankings in the world?
When you encounter an enemy that put up as good of a fight as Woot did, it's often best to spare them and absorb their talent and cleanse your tribe of inactives, free riders, and leeches. I don't know if you understand that sometimes its better to break bread with your enemies if they bring more to the table than your "friends"

DeletedUser95698

When you encounter an enemy that put up as good of a fight as Woot did, it's often best to spare them and absorb their talent and cleanse your tribe of inactives, free riders, and leeches. I don't know if you understand that sometimes its better to break bread with your enemies if they bring more to the table than your "friends"

Clears enemies villages, decides they put up a good fight, recruits troopless enemies who could have been nobled.
GOOD POINT

DeletedUser84793

Clears enemies villages, decides they put up a good fight, recruits troopless enemies who could have been nobled.
GOOD POINT

not to mention they can always rebuild and attack you again later!...I say kill them take their villages and move on to the next target...:icon_razz: