World 80 Blog discussion thread

DeletedUser

Regarding the female er..debate/point? about half my co's have been female and the one thing I've noticed is they tend to be a lot more reliable. Overall I think men/women are equally proficient at tw, and equally un-proficient at the same time. Obviously this is skewed by the fact there are more male players leading to more good male players and at the same time more poor ones likewise. The same in regards to assholes/decent people. In terms of Leadership, I've only played under Deb who was pretty good imo, even if I may disagree with a few things. Then again my view of a Leader is probably unrealistic, I think being Duke regardless of gender is difficult enough. I judge the same regardless of same, and generally judge that most are pretty poor. The main issue I think with most players is that they are too stubborn or not open-minded enough to take advice when given or they think they know better even when it's spelled out to them how wrong they are.

In regards to w80, which I have no idea about:O go regime? since they are the underdogs.

DeletedUser95698

923c25a46b5dcf58e3db8cee020844d6.png

New Blog Soon!

DeletedUser

Regarding the female er..debate/point? about half my co's have been female and the one thing I've noticed is they tend to be a lot more reliable. Overall I think men/women are equally proficient at tw, and equally un-proficient at the same time. Obviously this is skewed by the fact there are more male players leading to more good male players and at the same time more poor ones likewise. The same in regards to assholes/decent people. In terms of Leadership, I've only played under Deb who was pretty good imo, even if I may disagree with a few things. Then again my view of a Leader is probably unrealistic, I think being Duke regardless of gender is difficult enough. I judge the same regardless of same, and generally judge that most are pretty poor. The main issue I think with most players is that they are too stubborn or not open-minded enough to take advice when given or they think they know better even when it's spelled out to them how wrong they are.

In regards to w80, which I have no idea about:O go regime? since they are the underdogs.

I've had a few female and male co's as well and I can honestly say that female co's, as you stated, tend to be more reliable and loyal. I had this one co who was always scheming and not once did he like what I was saying (kind of like a married couple), but one time when he "accidentaly" sent all of my D from my villages to our enemies, then I grew tired of the guy. He said he did it by accident... lol. I knew the guy for years, guess TW is taking its toll, guy went lala pretty fast.

DVBBS

all of you sit here bitching about the blog however I don't see any of you taking the initiative to write your own articles.

This is the first world i've played in a long time that's had a blogger stick around past the first two.

So stop complaining about it and appreciate what we have.

Thanks UBM for the time and effort you put into each and every blog.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
While I always appreciate those who stand up for me in the blog and threads I will say this. It is no different any world I have chosen to blog or any other blogger for that matter. It's always leaning towards one side or the other, when a tribe is represented with any sort of negativity it doesn't feel great and they usually come out to defend their tribe. Unfortunately the cheapest and easiest route is to claim bias on part of the blogger and attempt to discredit any such articles. I understand this as a natural reaction and yes it does get frustrating but the attempts are often not to prove the blog wrong but rather the blogger. People will always bitch and once i do decide to stop blogging on the world there will be a plethora of reasons depending on who you ask. I do have a full time job, three kids, and a game to play so there will be a point where I'll stop blogging and hopefully there will be a poster crazy enough to take over the minefield that is blog writing for World 80

With Gents recently there were some good points made and some not so good points made in defense of the stance taken upon them. I have a fun relationship with some Gents and we understand that it is a game we play both on the field and in the externals. I don't expect anyone to take the torch and put up much of their own work but we have seen the forums very active recently with players posting their own interesting threads and articles and for that I'm excited.

I have been very happy with the way the blog has gone so far, i've been able to enjoy it thus far and met a lot of previously unfamiliar faces. The most recent shenanigans in the blog thread was not done out of disrespect but rather just a couple people poking fun at each other. The next issue - hopefully out in the next day or two will have a continuation of the last blog as well as some recently inspired writing from my own Regime

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nicely said UBM, I think the majority understand both the time constraints and real life constraints involved with doing anything, it's just sometimes their is a very loud minority that thinks otherwise. As always look forward to the next edition, I've loved every post so far.

I do however want to express a view on this bias factor. As someone that studied a bit of History it's extremely irritating when people throw this word around as if it is some sort of negative thing? I've got news for you, EVERYTHING is biased, it's impossible not to be! Additionally it's great that blogs like these have this "bias" in them. It's about showing a point of view, UBM isn't omnipresent he only has a certain amount of information he is given and if he isn't directly involved he will never have the full story. If you think he has a view on some things that are one sided send him a message! Give him some more information that explains a different side of the story. That way we get a full picture. Additionally certain bias actually makes things a lot more interesting and in a game like tribal wars it adds a little bit of spice. If you read up on the Russian Revolution the soviet historians and the western historians have a different view, use different statistics and different examples however both of them are a narrative of events. This is how you should view UBM's blog, everything he chooses to include or leave out adds to his narrative and is usually done so to make it become more interesting.

I honestly think it would be great to see some other players pick up blog writing in order to provide another perspective. When you have two different views on the same event that's when real discussion occurs and when an outside reader has the most information to use.

Once again, great work UBM, can't wait for the next post.

Jhncanson

That's the problem with people, they are not willing to let the cat out of the bag.

Either they did something despicable or embarassing.

In any case, UBM is also a player, that makes it more hard for other people especially those within power in the top 10 tribe to give out vital information.

I guess in a way, UBM is using the blog as a means to gather more info. But meh.

DeletedUser

I guess in a way, UBM is using the blog as a means to gather more info. But meh.

Making blogs out of each world has always been a subtle strategy to get information, even bits and pieces, but every little bit helps to assemble the big picture. It's just who makes a better blog, more interesting and entertaining one, then the information canals will open up like a book.

DeletedUser103537

I always like people opinions so love blogs. They use to have forum bloggers remember last one was Steve lol.

DeletedUser84793

While I always appreciate those who stand up for me in the blog and threads I will say this. It is no different any world I have chosen to blog or any other blogger for that matter. It's always leaning towards one side or the other, when a tribe is represented with any sort of negativity it doesn't feel great and they usually come out to defend their tribe. Unfortunately the cheapest and easiest route is to claim bias on part of the blogger and attempt to discredit any such articles. I understand this as a natural reaction and yes it does get frustrating but the attempts are often not to prove the blog wrong but rather the blogger. People will always bitch and once i do decide to stop blogging on the world there will be a plethora of reasons depending on who you ask. I do have a full time job, three kids, and a game to play so there will be a point where I'll stop blogging and hopefully there will be a poster crazy enough to take over the minefield that is blog writing for World 80

With Gents recently there were some good points made and some not so good points made in defense of the stance taken upon them. I have a fun relationship with some Gents and we understand that it is a game we play both on the field and in the externals. I don't expect anyone to take the torch and put up much of their own work but we have seen the forums very active recently with players posting their own interesting threads and articles and for that I'm excited.

I have been very happy with the way the blog has gone so far, i've been able to enjoy it thus far and met a lot of previously unfamiliar faces. The most recent shenanigans in the blog thread was not done out of disrespect but rather just a couple people poking fun at each other. The next issue - hopefully out in the next day or two will have a continuation of the last blog as well as some recently inspired writing from my own Regime

thats right! I agree.:icon_wink:

Deleted User - 4669627

I always like people opinions so love blogs. They use to have forum bloggers remember last one was Steve lol.
still around?
steve is still around, i see monstaz getting his share of the light
even the undead billy mays is revived :icon_eek:
Zombie aPOCALYPSE!

even shahyd is posting? :icon_confused:

why is shahyd posting? :icon_idea:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1082

still around?
steve is still around, i see monstaz getting his share of the light
even the undead billy mays is revived :icon_eek:
Zombie aPOCALYPSE!

even shahyd is posting? :icon_confused:

why is shahyd posting? :icon_idea:

I'll always come back every couple years to whip people into shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser76845

i really dont understand how i am involve to the OP (balian was talking) that i never knew???? if i will be participating to a war. i always go first and coordinate to it. to insure its success.. :)