World 80 Blog discussion thread

monstaz2

Trying my hardest here, so much happens that it's almost impossible to keep up to date. Send me PM if you have any advice on what you'd like to see more of or what you'd like improved.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
i really dont understand how i am involve to the OP (balian was talking) that i never knew???? if i will be participating to a war. i always go first and coordinate to it. to insure its success.. :)

Meh don't deny it, you were going to make peace with the barbarians and give in to your lusts!
OT: Thank you for the update, I enjoyed reading it even though you're all my enemies. Can't say that I agree with everything that has been said by Brad in the Skype chat, but that is okay, people have different opinions.

DeletedUser76845

Meh don't deny it, you were going to make peace with the barbarians and give in to your lusts!
OT: Thank you for the update, I enjoyed reading it even though you're all my enemies. Can't say that I agree with everything that has been said by Brad in the Skype chat, but that is okay, people have different opinions.

hehe their are a lot of things happen damn. i should have know it. :D

DeletedUser1082

As much fun as interviews are, remember to supplement them with hard fact, or it's all just what the interviewee wants to see on the forums. Especially bear that in mind when dealing with players known for their untruthfulness. Other than that, I enjoyed the update. More maps abd stats please!

DeletedUser

People always believe what they want to believe, but it still amazes me how it can still be stated those ruff players were kicked to save stats. since now that is not info that should be "damaging" to the happenings, it might finally be the time to say what happened to those 3 players mentioned. I dont know if it never occured to people that the reason why they lost so many villages so quickly, might also be cause of other than pure skills from the opponent. Like inactivity.

Ruff Kickings

To start out with chorky - He had sits most of the time for weeks before he was kicked. He elegitly (spelling) had a co player who never showed , and noone ever saw. He was supposed to fill out the missing time gap on that account but that just never happened. And the week up to he was beeing kicked, the owner of the account barely logged himself either. At that time enough is enough, and people who were sitting him had enough of it. Seems fair since the interest of the accountowner wasnt realy present anymore, therefore it seems unreasonable people should spend their time sitting him for the weeks to come.

Tragety - 2nd player mentioned in the interview, that was also pretty straight forward. Since around the time bugz war started, he was barely active at all and was very little online. A little while after that he just stopped logging at all. so there really was no other option than to kick him of course, since he didnt play anymore.

Khan - that might be the most borderline of those 3 even though I dont think there is anything borderline for the 2 first players mentioned. He was attacked a lot by Gents when this war started and inevitably he would have lost villages no matter what. Others offered to help sitting him of course, but when the sit was sent , the sitter was blocked from doing troopmovements or basically anything else than tag. So couldnt even dodge , snipe or anything at all. As far as I understood and the convos i saw and were a part of, Khan later that day just decided he didnt want to play anymore. Soon after he was kicked. No hard feelings, it was just too late to save anything with the mistakes that had happened, and he didnt feel like playing w 80 anymore. I guess you could say the time he was kicked was to save warstats. idk. but at that point it didnt really matter if he was in the tribe or not, and therefore I assume it was obvious to kick the account. Personally I think we should have tried to do something more before the account gave up. But when the accountowner didnt wanna play anymore, then what can you do.

Progress of Gents - Gents vs Ruff

This was also discussed in the new blog update. some of the interviews were 10-11 days old, so that might explain the statements. In my oppinion you can sum up the ruff vs gents war down to this.

1) Declaration - surprise attacks gave some quick caps to gents due to lack of prestackings for Ruff Circumstances unnecesary to discuss. That has allready been done over and over again and will never agree anyway

2) Gents 2 big op s had very little succes with only a few caps in each

3) On the other hand Gents is now continously grinding their way to a bigger and bigger lead.

This world will be a long grind and if Gents can keep this up they win. Simply cause they have the bigger growth , the bigger accounts and the most members. And would reach the requirements to win faster than others. Noone says though that things will continue like this. Cause when things collide and Regime ang gents gets closer to eachother you never know what happens.

Another option is Gents disband at some point. I gotta admit that was my original assumption that would allready have happened. Or maybe not disband by now but at least someone would have left the building. So as it seems I was proven wrong. Chances are I get proven wrong again, but I still dont think they can keep doing this until they have the 70 percent required. Will be interesting to see. I dont like the way Gents have been playing at all, but I gotta admit as others have stated that it indeed is impressing to do what they do without any obvious conflicts, members leaving etc. seen from the outside of things at least. Gents not only have a high membercount but they seem to also use most of their members actively during wars. that is something that surely must be hard to handle, since the tasks of just beeing a duke or council in any tribe is hard enough. Controlling that amount of members and deal with conflicts, and at the same time make sure people stay active and participate in common doings is impressive to me. that Beeing said I think it has lead to a boring development of this world, but thats a whole other discussion.

Edit -I just read in another discussion that indirectly gents have gained a lot of caps from the big op s they did. So I guess afterall it can be discussed whether or not those were failures. I see it as i still think the outcome of this world will be decided upon whether or not Gents can continously keep this up and do what they have been doing all along this world. If so they will have a lot of firepower and it will be very difficult for others to resist purely based on numbers. However should there at anytime be weakeness and conflicts within Gents, the door is wide open still for others to strike. Since this world domination wise is still at an early stage, and several good tribes are still very well organized and capable of resistence.

DeletedUser117534

Trying my hardest here, so much happens that it's almost impossible to keep up to date. Send me PM if you have any advice on what you'd like to see more of or what you'd like improved.

I feel for you Monstaz2. To cover (even briefly) developments within Gents, Ruffs (Sabre, Control), Lust and BugZ in one article is a difficult thing to do. I really appreciate you taking on your shoulders the burden of moving the blog forward. Big +1 for that.
As to the read I really enjoyed your coverage of the main developments in our first great war. It wasn't too long but was informative and interesting. As Steve said few stats/facts here and there would be a great addition to your writing.
The skype chats (especially the one with Kirk) seamed a bit difficult to read, 5 minutes of editing and they would be much more eye friendly. [I think it might be my allergic reaction to BugZ]
I hope we will see more of your writing in the future.

Nest

monstaz2

I'm glad I've stirred up some interesting discussion, next blog will be coming this weekend.

Thanks for the positive responses guys I'm very thankful as it's a big job following up after Undead Billy Mays' previous blog posts.

DeletedUser116463

Ive read it twice but the feeling while reading it is still the same. I think its a good post but something missing and lacking.

As a reader i dont really care if the mixed of blue and yellow is green, what i would like to know is where i can utilize and use this color green.

DeletedUser

I guess it would be better if the talks werent 11 days old except the Virus thing but keep going :icon_wink:

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thanks Monstaz for the great effort.

This is one I didn't edit for content , just suggested a thing or two. He approached me wanting to help a few weeks back, and i think also learned a bit about how hard it is to start a story with daily events changing and keeping it relevant for the readers.

Ill be posting an article here in a few days (hopefully) presenting a look into the world at war

DeletedUser118298

Pretty good job done by James (Eledhwen/Monstaz), it was a long wait but it was worth it.

DeletedUser

yeh well done, thanks for that!
No one wants to hear your imput Steve your no longer relevant to this world. Forget about giving everyone else tips and telling us all how good you are at pnp we are all well and truely sick of it.
Ps. Get over your hatred for Gents. It seems as if Gents keeps you awake at night.

DeletedUser1082

yeh well done, thanks for that!
No one wants to hear your imput Steve your no longer relevant to this world. Forget about giving everyone else tips and telling us all how good you are at pnp we are all well and truely sick of it.
Ps. Get over your hatred for Gents. It seems as if Gents keeps you awake at night.

I'm trying a new thing where I make lists, often lists help stupid people comprehend situations.

1) As soon as you stop talking about me is when I'll stop being relevant.
2) Lots of people want to hear my input.
3) I don't hate Gents, I hate all tribes that ruin worlds for hundreds of players and are symptoms of te disease that is killing triblwars
4) I never talk about how good I am t PnP, just how terrible others (like yourself) are at it.
5) I think I keep Gents up at night.

DeletedUser116033

Good blog james/brenny, a few recommendations to make though.

Generally when people see a wall of skype text copied over they think tl;dr. If it was perhaps a print screen instead or the skype names in Bold might make for an easier read. Consistent questions between interviews, go in with set questions and then maybe one or two random that come off things you picked up on them saying during the conversation. Perhaps split between known provable facts and speculation too.

That way you have a factual blog that is informative, with your own opinion in it too. And of course the opinions of those you interview, the peoples opinions everyone most enjoys to hear (top tribe leaders, creditable players not in major tribes etc) Great job first time round though mate.

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
That would be great additions Marmite.

Good read Monstaz, looking forward to the next

DeletedUser118039

Finally got around to reading this. Nice work! Thanks for the effort:)