World 80 Blog discussion thread

monstaz2

New blog soon. Sorry about the wait I'll be more punctual in the future!

DeletedUser116463

Never bored me in the middle and i want moar!!.
Now this post is a dinner.
Short but very nice to read.Good Job.

DeletedUser

Honestly Destiny is half and half control and sabre i could name all the 10 former saber members but i wont

DeletedUser

Enjoyed the newest eddition, Destiny is certainly worth looking into. As for the main question purposed in the edition; Will this tribe change effect the war results;

Its hard to say, its undeniable that Gents got the better of round 1, but with Regime also entering the war ( in full capacity ), I would say it will. I would even wager to guess that Gents ( in its current condition ) won't be around at the end of this war, but these are just the foolish thoughts of a nobody :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118152

Enjoyed the newest eddition, Destiny is certainly worth looking into. As for the main question purposed in the edition; Will this tribe change effect the war results;

Its hard to say, its undeniable that Gents got the better of round 1, but with Regime also entering the war ( in full capacity ), I would say it will. I would even wager to guess that Gents ( in its current condition ) won't be around at the end of this war, but these are just the foolish thoughts of a nobody :p

Hmmm.. hard to imagine that. Unless a third party joins that war. (Don't mind me, just a speculating newb here. :icon_eek: )

DeletedUser117865

Much love to the blog writers and I look forward to future installments

All flame aside its a memorable world

:D

DeletedUser117863

I don't know if you tried reaching out to the top players for achievement counts, but in case you message Jacob but couldn't get an answer from him, when I was playing on the account we did indeed hide achievement and yes, it does have a fair amount of attacker of the day, looter of the day and great power. Nothing all too fancy and for sure not in the top3, but not horrible either.

A nicely written blog post

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
New Blog out Sundayishh

In depth look at the death of Gents

The New World

UBM replies to forum nonsense

Last edited:

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
New Blog up - Feel free to respond to anything - or post some requests for the next installment. As always, thanks for reading

DeletedUser99565

Good blog, I love the part where Brad says Gents has a strong relaton with Regime xD bahaha makes us look a bit silly doesn't it?

DeletedUser117865

Great read,

out of curiosity, in this new era, will you have the time to re-open a regular schedule for the blog?

:)

Mr. Cringer Pants

Great read,

out of curiosity, in this new era, will you have the time to re-open a regular schedule for the blog?

:)

Great work as always! This might be dependent on the world :icon_eek:. I hope so either way! Thanks for the entertainment.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Good blog, I love the part where Brad says Gents has a strong relaton with Regime xD bahaha makes us look a bit silly doesn't it?

Strong relations weren't wrong, just not strong in a good way :D

With the continued article on Gents I'll be featuring some stories from within the tribe showing different perspectives of how it all went downhill. Any former Gents player that wants to throw a few sentences together feel free to skype me

DeletedUser92753

While it looked bleak for w80 after the Gents experiment, I am glad on how the world is settled. We know have the elements for four solid tribes in each corner of the world with an added wildcard of Virus. Very old school, indeed.

70% dominance is far off for any tribe at this point, so things will only get more interesting from here.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It's true the Gents overextended its reach on recruitment also it showed a flaw on their leadership, tactically having controlled continents and maintaining its domination on lots of continents showed its control. If they managed it properly they could have put up a nice fight and created a momentum that they are a powerhouse tribe but in essence they fight for themselves and not for the tribe.

So hypothetically how would you run a tribe like gents and maximize its players? Its domination, territories? Its player skill?

Surely there are talents in that tribe that were never used and underestimated?

Are there certain pivotal decision that could have changed Gents? Or their arrogance is their downfall...

Maybe they just failed to look at the mirror :)

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Figured I would follow the rules unlike somebody ;)

I have a lot of stuff prepared outlining the history of the world after the blog posts just dealing with main events as I wanted to make a post. I saw Sara's post and figured it would be perfect for me to finish off the blog seeing as I actually contributed on my old forum account to the blog.

This world meant a lot from me, it taught me many things and I met many great people that I still talk to, in many different tribes. I could use interviews if people are interested in talking about their world so far. If you played the world in the period towards the end of the gents war or afterwards I would like to talk to you. This goes out especially to leaders of both tribes as I want to see the story of the world as it appeared from all of the final competitors.

DeletedUser117865

Figured I would follow the rules unlike somebody ;)

I have a lot of stuff prepared outlining the history of the world after the blog posts just dealing with main events as I wanted to make a post. I saw Sara's post and figured it would be perfect for me to finish off the blog seeing as I actually contributed on my old forum account to the blog.

This world meant a lot from me, it taught me many things and I met many great people that I still talk to, in many different tribes. I could use interviews if people are interested in talking about their world so far. If you played the world in the period towards the end of the gents war or afterwards I would like to talk to you. This goes out especially to leaders of both tribes as I want to see the story of the world as it appeared from all of the final competitors.

Rules were made to be broken ;)

I won’t break them again though LOL

Thanks James for your interest in my post and for posting it in the right place LOL

I’d also like to let people know (as time allows) I will be contributing to the blog any way I can and knowing James has a framework is awesome.

In my opinion, the story of W80 is over, so if you do want to contribute or discuss, please keep it positive. Whatever the legacy of W80 becomes to this community is up to everyone who played it.

Just like in life, respect the memory of an experience that is over. And respect what Ben meant to this community.

Sara