World 9 Blog (Questions and Comments here!)

samulis

I have two options to fix that:

1. Increase the length of display, that will allow music, but will make the file somewhat bigger
2. Place a 'Stop();' actionscript code that will pause the slide, it will make the map only last one frame, but the frame can stay that way forever. I can always make small segments of action and then have a stop script so it will keep the animation. This way, there will be no sound.

I think I am going to do number 1, since file size doesn't really matter.

Anyway, i'm working on next week's. I already have the main menu page almost worked out, so all I need to do is gather the reports at the end of the week.

Does anyone want to give an interview or submit somthing to the blog?

Last edited:

samulis

Ok, I just got an applicant for an interview. The blog will be fabricated tommarow, keep your eyes open, i'll post it up. :icon_biggrin:

samulis

Good, you can be next week's. I'll post up the generic questions in a few days.

samulis

:icon_wink: of corse... :lol:

Anyway, I am ALMOST done with the blog, I will have it done within the next half hour if things go along as planned. I am almost done with statistics and am moving on to war stats, so you all will get it for the morning (that is, if you live in the USA, well, people in Europe still get it in the morning, right?)

UPDATE: Blog is up!!

http://blog.tribalwars.net/index.php/2009/08/22/world-9-a-changing-war/

Last edited:

rbh135

:icon_wink: of corse... :lol:

Anyway, I am ALMOST done with the blog, I will have it done within the next half hour if things go along as planned. I am almost done with statistics and am moving on to war stats, so you all will get it for the morning (that is, if you live in the USA, well, people in Europe still get it in the morning, right?)

UPDATE: Blog is up!!

http://blog.tribalwars.net/index.php/2009/08/22/world-9-a-changing-war/

Nice blog.
Can you just do something for the nobling map?
Can you make DNS, ~DNS~ and DNSPC the same color? And Raw,SOFt, and Edge the same? And also =D-N= and =D.N=? It would show us how much nobling is really happenin and where for the whole families.

samulis

Would you mind if I made it like DNS was light blue and ~DNS~ was regular blue? They are pretty similar, and they still are different colors. If you want, i'll make all of the families the same and be done with it, but you may find interesting parts such as one favors hunting in several northern k's while the other favors hunting in the southern k's...

DeletedUser

Well, each family in one color i'ld love more. I don't see realy a use in seperate colors, as they are one.
And would be great to see Inivte and [IB] there aswell. :)
Nice blog btw

rbh135

Would you mind if I made it like DNS was light blue and ~DNS~ was regular blue? They are pretty similar, and they still are different colors. If you want, i'll make all of the families the same and be done with it, but you may find interesting parts such as one favors hunting in several northern k's while the other favors hunting in the southern k's...

Well I personally would find it better if each family had the same color so that we see where exactly 3each family is concentrating. Otherwise it would be a clash of multiple colors.

DeletedUser

Yea, the whole thing with combining the tribes would probably work better since that's how the maps of the world are done. When people say DNS it's just know it's DNS, ~DNS~, and DNSPC. Same with RAW family and =D-N=.

Very nice work. I like that. You're probably the only blogger doing something like that. :icon_wink:

samulis

Ok, i'll remember to do one color and I will make it so if there is ONE tribe in a family/group up there, the WHOLE family/group goes up as the same color. Do you think it would be better to go to the top 10 on the map, or would it be too confusing?

OTDDeathAwaits

The blog is great, you have really come so far with it, Outstanding Job.

rbh135

Ok, i'll remember to do one color and I will make it so if there is ONE tribe in a family/group up there, the WHOLE family/group goes up as the same color. Do you think it would be better to go to the top 10 on the map, or would it be too confusing?

Not the whole top 10 to say
Put The DNS family, raw family, =D-N= family, and seto family each with their own color pwease :) Their branches might sum up to be the top 10. I don't know for sure but I know that world 9 would be interested in where these tribes would be nobling.

DeletedUser

Pretty much the top 12 are the only tribes of any notority in w9 now. The rest are just noobs or one-5 player tribes that don't do anything.

Just do the four main families and on the next map add -PMS- and FC.

samulis

That's good, I will put up the four families, each being assigned to one color, with anyone else who seems to be of note.

For next week, I have an interview all ready, it will go on in a section labled 'other information'. :D

I have interviews for next week, and the week after, but I will need a constant stream of interviewees to make it a main feature. Anyone can sign up for an interview, I don't care who you are really. They are fun and you have the oppirtunity to add a personal touch to the questions.
-------

Anyway, I was thinking about sending a poll out to the leaders of the 'head' tribe of the four main families for them to curcular and send back the stats- perhaps even just curcularing the interview questions for each player to answer and just making a big pile of interviews to randomly select from. What do you guys think?

DeletedUser

Lol... you have zero to interview next week? Good luck with that nub :icon_wink:

Meh, I'd offer to do an interview but I don't know much about recent events, only the ones about a year ago when I really played this world :icon_redface:

samulis

No, zero is the week after.

You don't need to know anything, just have your opinions. It's really quite simple. In fact, it's probably better if you know more about what happened a year ago. :lol:

DeletedUser

Hmmm... alright then. Send me some questions if you'd like :icon_cool:

samulis

Hey, how does everyone feel about all three interviews being released next week? It'll mean i'll need 3 new interviews every week.