World 9 Blog (Questions and Comments here!)

samulis

World 9 Blog (see the NEW logo!)

twblogsign-small.png

"Just Like Grandma's!"

Greetings, World 9!

Let me introduce myself. I am Samulis, I have been playing on this world for over two years now, and a year ago, I started writing blogs for our lovely world. Please feel free to give me your feedback- questions, comments, suggestions, and even replies to questions I may post up and things you want the rest of the world to hear!

I want this blog to be our blog, not mine, not the top 10 tribes', but our blog. Every single one of you will be heard from if you want. Already I am planning to post weekly questions in my profile or on the forum for you to answer! More interviews, more input, more of you and less of just me with some month-old regular facts that you learned three weeks before I release the blog.

Once again, thanks everyone I have interviewed or talked with about the blog in the past and thanks to everyone who has read it. I'm sorry if I haven't been living up to what you want for all these months, but now I know why- being the 500th player on the list isn't all that high in the information tree. I hope that with your contributions, I can get fast, quality information to you as fast as I hear of it.

For the people, by the people. That's the way this must be done.
-Samulis Quintus Augustus, Blogger for World 9

P.S. feel free to either mail me or post about spelling mistakes/grammar issues or technical problems. I don't mark these as junk, I mark them as good suggestions and lessons for the future.

BLOG ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Putting on the show is not an easy feat. It requires time and good work too! If you want to lend a hand, I will gladly appreciate it. :icon_wink:

• I am looking for someone to PROOF-READ and TEST the blogs. This means you get to view the blog 4-12 hours BEFORE I release it and give me initial advice. You should be on rather consistently and have a forum account to which I can send the link to the blog. By proofreading and testing the blog, it will look much better for EVERYONE. You will be featured in the credits.
  • The new series of blog contains some new and exciting features! Many new blog-readers may have trouble with these features. It would be great if someone could create a SHORT GUIDE to navigating the NEW blog and how to use some of the features.
  • Also, if anyone has composed a song and they want it to be played on the blog, please- contact me! You will be featured in the credits. :icon_biggrin:
  • I also accept BACKGROUND ART. It should be over 800 px by 600 px MINIMUM if possible. You will also be featured in the credits.

Last edited:

rbh135

I won't flame it all. I'll leave some for the rest to have fun with. There is no DNY. Fix it.

wolstein

A bit too graphic for my taste but I like it and appreciate the effort. Keep up the good work. :)

OTDDeathAwaits

I have no ideas that could aid you with your blog-work but i think you are doing a good job and putting in the effort, nice one. :)

rbh135

Noone's going to point out the half a dozen mistakes?
Just to be on the same page, this is the blog.
There is no FEMA.
defencive is defensive.
ofencive is offensive.
You've left out SETO from all of it.
A lot has happened since that last time.
And again DNS is not DNY

DeletedUser

More of a discussion based thread rather than game related. Moved.

iceilater

Hey, I just got back from vacation I couldn't be bothered to actually read through all these threads... who would read rbh's posts anyway?

DeletedUser

not me of course :D

all our winning wars were included as unknown stats unfortunately :(
Btw. good blog, it would be good if you can add stats every week :D

samulis

Hey, ho! call out the fire squad, eh. :D

I forgot to mention CONSTRUCTIVE criticism only please. I can't solve problems if you don't offer alternatives and tell me what you want, not just what's wrong.

Thanks everyone who has posted so far. In response to some of the things you found are missing, there will be a small section for each of the top five tribes to post info, and I am looking into getting the newspaper to work along side the blog to gather news and output it more efficiently.

The main problem I have had until now has been communication, I don't really have much mail incomming or posts incomming from any other tribe than =D-N= (sorry everyone else). I have been thinking about this idea, tell me if you like it or not:

'I create a shared forum that any tribe may enter to post up anything they want the world to hear. This will allow almost immediate movement of information and each tribe will get a thread in the forum for them to post in.'

DeletedUser

Would be nice if you edited the blog more often. Like once a week. I don't think there would be too much problem.

On getting information, the forum is filled with a lot of information that you can use, such as maps and information from threads. :icon_smile:

Edit: Also, try not to be bias. Too much. I know that you are as anxious as probably everyone else to see RAW and DNS have the final war, however out of respect to other tribes and players, try to include them too.

P.s. A big change just happened in the world, especially down South. I leave it to you to find out about it, but this would be a REAAAAALLLLLY good time for a new blog post.

Last edited by a moderator:

OTDDeathAwaits

Would be nice if you edited the blog more often. Like once a week. I don't think there would be too much problem.

On getting information, the forum is filled with a lot of information that you can use, such as maps and information from threads. :icon_smile:

Edit: Also, try not to be bias. Too much. I know that you are as anxious as probably everyone else to see RAW and DNS have the final war, however out of respect to other tribes and players, try to include them too.

P.s. A big change just happened in the world, especially down South. I leave it to you to find out about it, but this would be a REAAAAALLLLLY good time for a new blog post.

Samulis hes on about F:M leaders moving into DNS.

rbh135

Hey, ho! call out the fire squad, eh. :D

I forgot to mention CONSTRUCTIVE criticism only please. I can't solve problems if you don't offer alternatives and tell me what you want, not just what's wrong.

Thanks everyone who has posted so far. In response to some of the things you found are missing, there will be a small section for each of the top five tribes to post info, and I am looking into getting the newspaper to work along side the blog to gather news and output it more efficiently.

The main problem I have had until now has been communication, I don't really have much mail incomming or posts incomming from any other tribe than =D-N= (sorry everyone else). I have been thinking about this idea, tell me if you like it or not:

'I create a shared forum that any tribe may enter to post up anything they want the world to hear. This will allow almost immediate movement of information and each tribe will get a thread in the forum for them to post in.'
Constructive criticism? Most of your blog has got bad spelling and you messed up with the tribe names. The blog has been more then a month since updated... Those are not constructive enough for you?

samulis

You haven't read it in a week then. I posted somthing up last week.

And thanks, OTD, I read about that in the newspaper. :D

As for spelling, I am alot better than most other people. My keyboard is a little sticky and my internet isn't that good, so spell-check or uploading stuff is sometimes not an alternative. I am, however, going to try to use speach recognition software (it's really cool to use but takes a while longer) to write the next blog, that way I can add both a personal touch and not spell things wrong, since it spells it for me. :D

Last edited:

rbh135

You haven't read it in a week then. I posted somthing up last week.

And thanks, OTD, I read about that in the newspaper. :D

As for spelling, I am alot better than most other people. My keyboard is a little sticky and my internet isn't that good, so spell-check or uploading stuff is sometimes not an alternative. I am, however, going to try to use speach recognition software (it's really cool to use but takes a while longer) to write the next blog, that way I can add both a personal touch and not spell things wrong, since it spells it for me. :D
You do mean 2 days ago:icon_neutral:
And the speach recognition software would also lag the internet btw.
Can you make the nobling map a bit better by making each family the same color?
Like DNS, ~DNS~ and DNSPC the color brown
Raw, SOFt, Edge the color dark blue etc..

Last edited:

samulis

The software only lags me if anyone at all. All you see is text. :icon_smile:

And yes, i'll change the nobling map now that you asked nicely.