World Classic of baseball

DeletedUser

The baseball world classic has started, does anyone really care? LOL.

I care a bit, I am rooting for the USA and will watch the USA and games and likely some other ones with my son.

So I pick now that Japan will win again, because they would have to do many things to remove the shame of not winning. Thats a powerful movater. Oh and the USA is going to kill Canada on Saturday, it won't even be close.

DeletedUser

I care only because the tourny. kills starting pitchers right before the season start. SP should not be working max delivery this early into the spring training.

DeletedUser

I care only because the tourny. kills starting pitchers right before the season start. SP should not be working max delivery this early into the spring training.

Oh come on, its fun...its a great idea, every other sport pretty much has one, so base ball needed one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh come on, its fun...its a great idea, every other support pretty much has one, so base ball needed one as well.

Yep NHL has one and the Olympics are basically a tourney as well. I noticed Canada is not rostering it's best Cy Young pitchers. And Larry Walker is too old now.

DeletedUser

But baseball already has 162 regular season games. Plus spring training and the post season. WBC is fun to watch and I love national tournys. But that's a lot of innings on a pitcher.

DeletedUser52157

The pitchers are hitting 4 innings max, which is stretching spring training a little bit, but this is great for the sport. The world gets to compare talent, and with more national tournaments the sport may spread and countries such as China may make an olympic team. This would increase the overall talent because the sport would then become nationally funded by China. They only fund olympic sports right now.

DeletedUser

Now that was a great ball game. To bad Jason Bay blew it in the 9th for Canada.

Kudos to the USA for timely hitting. How about Zotto's homeruns.

DeletedUser

only get good old Cricket here in Aus :icon_cool:

Might fine game, cricket :lol: