World.dat

TheAssassin011

Where has the world.dat file gone? It gives you the forest positions etc.

Everyone links to it here: http://die-staemme.de/stuff/world.dat but it no longer exists. I know the world.dat file is the same for all worlds and it doesn't change so if anyone has it if they could post it somewhere for download? That would be a big help. I've spent hours searching google for it with no luck.

Bykenhulle

Non-stop Poster
I'm still not sure on what to do with it lol, I have tried importing it into a mysql database ... it didnt work ... guess when it comes to the basics I'm still learning lol

Can anyone give me a few starting pointers?

lonestar1

my guess is tomcencs the man to ask,

I looked into it when tom first posted but my best guess was it was to let you know where scenery is like trees on the map so you can create an accurate representation of the world map although for that I would have expected one file for each world
all I know Im afraid

twenty-five

Contributing Poster
my guess is tomcencs the man to ask,

I looked into it when tom first posted but my best guess was it was to let you know where scenery is like trees on the map so you can create an accurate representation of the world map although for that I would have expected one file for each world
all I know Im afraid
The trees, lakes and hills are in the same place every world at least I think they are.

Last edited:

Morthy

Developer
The .dat files are binary data representing the objects (such as trees, hills, water) in each coordinate of the world. There are two versions. One version is used on w54, w59, HP and speed. The other is used on all other worlds. Each byte is a number representing a certain object.

@Humble: afaik every empty space can spawn a village.

A humble player

Contributing Poster
The .dat files are binary data representing the objects (such as trees, hills, water) in each coordinate of the world. There are two versions. One version is used on w54, w59, HP and speed. The other is used on all other worlds. Each byte is a number representing a certain object.

@Humble: afaik every empty space can spawn a village.
On the map prefech, which I believe is the same as the .dat file, 0 and 1 both represented empty villages (all the way up to 4 iirc), but 0 never had a village on top of it, and 1 sometimes did. I forget about what happened for 2-4.

Morthy

Developer
On the map prefech, which I believe is the same as the .dat file, 0 and 1 both represented empty villages (all the way up to 4 iirc), but 0 never had a village on top of it, and 1 sometimes did. I forget about what happened for 2-4.
All grass types should be able to have villages spawn on them.

For reference, here is the list of images the numbers corrospond to:

self.imageIDs = [[NSArray alloc] initWithObjects:mad:"gras1", @"gras2", @"gras3", @"gras4", @"v1_left", @"v1", @"v2_left", @"v2", @"v3_left", @"v3", @"v4_left", @"v4", @"v5_left", @"v5", @"v6_left", @"v6", @"b1_left", @"b1",
@"b2_left", @"b2", @"b3_left", @"b3", @"b4_left", @"b4", @"b5_left", @"b5", @"b6_left", @"b6", @"berg1", @"berg2", @"berg3", @"berg4", @"forest0000", @"forest0001", @"forest0010", @"forest0011", @"forest0100",
@"forest0101", @"forest0110", @"forest0111", @"forest1000", @"forest1001", @"forest1010", @"forest1011", @"forest1100", @"forest1101", @"forest1110", @"forest1111", @"see", nil];

A humble player

Contributing Poster
All grass types should be able to have villages spawn on them.

For reference, here is the list of images the numbers corrospond to:

self.imageIDs = [[NSArray alloc] initWithObjects:mad:"gras1", @"gras2", @"gras3", @"gras4", @"v1_left", @"v1", @"v2_left", @"v2", @"v3_left", @"v3", @"v4_left", @"v4", @"v5_left", @"v5", @"v6_left", @"v6", @"b1_left", @"b1",
@"b2_left", @"b2", @"b3_left", @"b3", @"b4_left", @"b4", @"b5_left", @"b5", @"b6_left", @"b6", @"berg1", @"berg2", @"berg3", @"berg4", @"forest0000", @"forest0001", @"forest0010", @"forest0011", @"forest0100",
@"forest0101", @"forest0110", @"forest0111", @"forest1000", @"forest1001", @"forest1010", @"forest1011", @"forest1100", @"forest1101", @"forest1110", @"forest1111", @"see", nil];
0 = nothing/grass
1 = nothing/grass
2 = nothing/grass
3 = nothing/grass
4 = small barb
5 = small village
6 = 300 barb
7 = 300 village
8 = 1000 barb
9 = 1000 village
10 = 3000 barb
11 = 3000 village
12 = big barb
13 = big vil
14 = max barb
15 = max vil
16 = lil' bonus barb
27 = max bonus village
28-48 = terrain types
jah, I has those :p Can you explain what, if any, difference exists between grass types, or are they just there to obfuscate and confuse.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
If you can't figure out how to use the .dat files, here's an SQL dump of the tables I use:
http://www.tribalwarsmap.com/other/world.sql
http://www.tribalwarsmap.com/other/world2.sql
The values in my tables don't match the image IDs and don't contain the different grasses though.

world.sql is used when legacy_scenery is 1 in the world config:
http://en1.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_config
world2.sql is used when the legacy_scenery is 0 in the world config:
http://en59.tribalwars.net/interface.php?func=get_config