World "Forum": Feedback on the new interface

samulis

Hello, everyone!

Later this week (perhaps Saturday), I plan to have another group discussion with various players from world 9 about their feelings on the new interface and changes. Players from all tribes will be welcome, and the conversation will be on skype. If you don't like all the skype mumbo jumbo, you are welcome to write some feedback and send it to me to be mixed in. Remember, this isn't some 'error report' button, this is a discussion on the benefits and issues you see and now encounter- what's gone? what's very helpful? what are you looking for next?

The discussion will be done in text form, not audio. Remember: the more people, the better! Whatever I get will be picked through (to remove any junk/erroneous information) and then put on the blog. I can either put your name or put 'anonymous', so don't be afraid to step up!

Psihic

You dont want me there, the amount of curse words would be overwhelming, all you would be able to post is peep peep peep.

makobex

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You dont want me there, the amount of curse words would be overwhelming, all you would be able to post is peep peep peep.

we agree?? and its not even 2012 yet...

at least post somewhere all the working scripts so that we can get them

DeletedUser

we agree?? and its not even 2012 yet...

at least post somewhere all the working scripts so that we can get them

Yay world peace! ;)

Agreed though, if they are going to make the current scripts obsolete they could give us replacements.

samulis

You all are aware that, as long as it is in a constructive manner, all the points expressed so far in this topic MAY be brought up in the discussion, right? It's okay if some (or all) of you have constructive criticism, and I feel it'd be better that if you feel that everyone agrees, then you should be okay with sitting with a few other folks and talking about your thoughts.

makobex

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
since the site we found with fixed scripts wasnt correct for all scripts, can someone post here the noble filter script? (the one run in combined)
i cant find a functional one, so can someone give it??

tnx

DeletedUser

At the risk of helping the enemy find the nobles to attack DNS ->

[SPOIL]
javascript: doc = document; var main = doc.getElementsByTagName('table'); for (var a = 0;a < main.length;a++) {if (main[a].className == 'main') {var par = main[a].getElementsByTagName('table'); for (var i = 0;i < par.length;i++) {if (par.className == "vis overview_table") {rows = par.getElementsByTagName('tr'); } } } } headers = rows[0].getElementsByTagName("th"); for (z = 0; z < headers.length;z++) {if (headers[z].innerHTML.match(/snob.png/)) {snob_pos = z; } } if (typeof (snob_pos != "undefined")) {for (j = 0;j < rows.length;j++) {if (rows[j].className.indexOf('nowrap') !== - 1 && rows[j].className.indexOf('row_') !== - 1) {var cells = rows[j].getElementsByTagName('td'); vill_name = cells[1].getElementsByTagName('a')[0].firstChild.nodeValue; vill_ags = 0; if (cells[snob_pos].getElementsByTagName('a').length == 0) {vill_ags = parseInt(cells[snob_pos].firstChild.nodeValue); } else {vill_ags = parseInt(cells[snob_pos].firstChild.firstChild.nodeValue); } if (vill_ags == 0) {rows[j].parentNode.removeChild(rows[j]); j -= 1; } } } alert('I finded them!'); } else {alert("Error: \n Variable :'snob_pos' is not defined.\n Please contact a scripter"); } void (0);[/SPOIL]

samulis

I am thinking about holding the discussion next weekend, perhaps Saturday. Last discussion we waited the whole day for the most folks to be on and just started when that happened.

DeletedUser

Ok fella I should be about for a lot of Saturday give me a nudge

samulis

Due to my lack of forethought and love of procrastination, the discussion will take place on skype on February 19th, that's NEXT Saturday. If you want to take part, add Lord-Samulis (or some variation of that) on skype and include that you want to be part of the discussion. If I can get five people, that'd be great.

samulis

[sorry about the double-post]

This is the last reminder! If you want to join and are NOT YET part of the skype chat (check your skype now, as I just set it up), please add lord-samulis as a contact and specify that you want to be added to the discussion. If you were part of the last one, you were automatically added... if you don't want to participate in this one for ANY REASON, feel free to contact me or just leave. I currently have about six people in the chat, however, that doesn't mean we'll get six people on at the same time. If you are on world 9, this is your time to stand up and tell everyone your thoughts about the new interface. Plus, if we get through the interface discussion, we'll probably pick something else to talk about, so there's plenty of reasons to come even if you don't care about the interface changes (although I bet you do if you are still here)! :icon_biggrin: