World Going Slow?

Murderous Mouse

I thought that 0.5x server speed/2x troop speed meant that, while upgrading takes twice the time it would on a 1x/1x world, troops move twice faster than on such a world...but my spears are at 18 minutes per square so I guess 2x troop speed is compared to this server's speed...

as for the world, I like it, I just wish I started a few days earlier than I did.

The troop speed is a modifier, the actual troop speed is the world speed x unit speed modifier. So 0.5 x 2 = 1. The units are still moving 2 times faster than the world does.

To those discussing the Smithy upgrade times versus HQ. I made a table, although it is not accurate to the second (I believe it is to at least the minute).

3424024e768e1f7c46a926d40af7b1d6492b785.png

Time saved is from the previous Hq lvl :)

Last edited:

Murderous Mouse

34241829e0caf7e3714e49f24508a782f39e35f.png

Bear in mind the build times of the HQ :icon_wink:

Also this just takes into account the smithy and timed saved from 10 --> 20, nothing else is taken into account.

DeletedUser51390

so if im reading this correctly the n still building up the hq first will not save time over all for the smithy?

thats the way im seeing it lol.

i have my hq left on 20 right now and have been debating leveing it any higher. hmm :\

openeye

so if im reading this correctly the n still building up the hq first will not save time over all for the smithy?

i have my hq left on 20 right now and have been debating leveing it any higher. hmm :\

I've never seen the need for anything higher than a 20 HQ.

DeletedUser

I usually take it to lvl 20-25, depending on what I plan on building in the village.

DeletedUser51390

I've never seen the need for anything higher than a 20 HQ.

neither have i but i know the current top 3 have all gone over lvl 20 hq so far which is why there so high up the point scale right now

i myyself only have lvl 20 with lvl 11,12 smithy in que already. *cat rush ftw be scared:icon_twisted: *

Murderous Mouse

It does save time. Just after lvl 22, if it is only upgraded for smithy then time is wasted.

DeletedUser51390

:eek: looks like the other way lol.. says saves and its blank after level 22.. it looks like your gaining 21 hours total build time if you build the hq first.

Murderous Mouse

:eek: looks like the other way lol.. says saves and its blank after level 22.. it looks like your gaining 21 hours total build time if you build the hq first.

Saves = time saved from previous level.
gains = time gained i.e. lost (poor choice of words) by upgrading it..

It does not take a genius to work out really...

DeletedUser51390

:icon_redface: my mistake lol well i still would rather have a lvl 20 hq lol..oh well

DeletedUser

smithy isn't the only thing that you save build time on. One can always demolish it down later.

DeletedUser51390

smithy isn't the only thing that you save build time on. One can always demolish it down later.

yes i know it will save time on everything over all but im not too worried about it :\

openeye

But that does only take into account the smithy. It doesn't account for build time gains in barracks, stable, farm ect. Those gains only come into effect though if you postpone building stable/barracks builds until after HQ, in which case your living with pisspoor unit build times for longer than others who went lvl 20 HQ and then moved into stable/barracks. This could really impact your farming army sizes, which considering the cost of the 21+ lvl HQ upgrades, your going to need every last farmer to feed that machine. With growing abandons, its not as crucial, but in a world where you have to clear/farm active players the extra losses you take on clear(because of the smaller army) and the less resources you can pull in can hurt you alot more than it helps.

DeletedUser

Agree with op, i stopped playing for 3 days, and barely farm and im still top1000

DeletedUser

But that does only take into account the smithy. It doesn't account for build time gains in barracks, stable, farm ect. Those gains only come into effect though if you postpone building stable/barracks builds until after HQ, in which case your living with pisspoor unit build times for longer than others who went lvl 20 HQ and then moved into stable/barracks. This could really impact your farming army sizes, which considering the cost of the 21+ lvl HQ upgrades, your going to need every last farmer to feed that machine. With growing abandons, its not as crucial, but in a world where you have to clear/farm active players the extra losses you take on clear(because of the smaller army) and the less resources you can pull in can hurt you alot more than it helps.

i have to completely agree with what my good friend OE said

my only thought would be to try and find a balance between the two... :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Well said. As one of those has been upgrading my hq level consistently, I guess I now must validate my strategic vision.

I have not only been upgrading my hq though, a little raxx here, stable, farm, wh, etc. All of which are affected by my hq raises. My stance is, if all your builds are running constantly, and you have resources, and those buildings are upgradeable, then by all means, they should be upgraded... so long as you are not "wasting" farm space.
I am not making any smithy levels for some time after I get my workshop and cats. That time will be spent doing nothing but building troops and farm, raxx, stable. I am certain that any "sacrifices" made in this short-term are vindicated down the road. And those sacrifices are negligible.
It really all depends on your area. If you are pulling in max hauls and running at peak efficiency consistently then your hq should be upgraded. If not then other things may be more important.

Muldie325

Village Headquarters (Level 23) 18313 21371 14244 27 10:47:03 The farm is too small

^^ its 10:47:03 to upgrade to level 24 not to level 23.. so that should change the results slightly :/