World Map

Demon MoonBat

Reaction score
So, I joined the HP world and chose a starting direction to try to figure this out. I chose southwest, and my coords are (442|536) K54. The forum thread I found discussing this said that:

If x >= 5, it's in south. If x < 5, it's in north.
If y >= 5, it's in east. if y < 5, it's in west.

A member of my tribe's new coords are (533|349) K35. If 533 is X, then it is greater than 5, so south. If 349 is Y, then it is less than 5, and in the west. Which would put south at the top of the map and west to the right side of the map. However, my coords in the HP world I joined just to test this are the opposite, even though I selected the starting location of the south west there. So it seems the correlation of coords to cardinal directions can change from world to world, and the only way I can discover which direction is which is for a game dev to say.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If x >= 5, it's in south. If x < 5, it's in north.
If y >= 5, it's in east. if y < 5, it's in west.

That part sounds about right. But I think, even though you select a starting position, you're not always placed in that direction. Because lets say we get 500 new people to join any world, and we all select south-west. The map would become really weird and I think TW prevents that from happening by placing you elsewhere regardless of your choice.

So no, the world is not inverted, but its probably just TW trying to keep a normal sphere shaped world.