Failed Vote World Setting: ONLY watchtowers can detect incomings

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think this would be an interesting concept. It should open up a lot of different strategies, and force players to think outside the box.

In particular, I think it would nerf the effectiveness of defending, especially long-range defending, but still allow watchtowers to still shine as a key element in defensive strategy. Good watchtower placement would be absolutely essential.

And to be clear, I mean that incomings would only appear on the incoming page when a watchtower detects them. It would make long-range attacks have no significant disadvantage over medium-range ones (aside from being out of action longer). Short range attacks would still have the same advantages they currently do on watchtower worlds.

It would make fakes almost totally worthless, except as a cover for fanged fakes. This may nerf attacking to some degree. For this reason it would be best if the world had the fake limit disabled - fakes are already mostly pointless, so there is no need to nerf them further.

It would require defenders to have tight clusters, good defensive planning, and fast-moving defensive builds. I think for this reason it would be best if the paladin were disabled on this world. Otherwise by relocating all paladins to a major front, defenders could achieve a serious advantage.

It might be best for this setting to be used on a speed round. With less reaction time, the offensive advantage is even greater, which would be the point of the setting - to increase offense, while still retaining watchtower strategies.

If the possibility that a player might not start out with a watchtower is too game-breaking on a world like this (and IMO it would be), players could start with a Level 1 watchtower.

This setting would also work well in conjunction with the Fog of War idea, which is currently being processed after receiving a good deal of support from the community.

I would be open to comments and suggestions you think could improve the idea, or further understand its overall ramifications for game balance.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This would have to be on slow troop speed worlds for normal worlds as a setting - would be a disaster on fast worlds (aside from Speed rounds where this would be a lot of fun).

But I love the concept!

seroxy5

Reaction score
For this to be at all balanced I think, the incomings need to be detected by tribe members' watchtowers as well (which kinda defeats your purpose but still changes the tactics slightly) and the watchtowers will then also of course need to be visible for all members too so there is coordination and tactic where to put up watchtowers not just on your own account but within the whole tribe. Without this addition, I think attackers gain too much advantage. Imagine seeing 500+ nukes with less than 10 hours left, you're not gonna get enough defense there in time at all. This is of course assuming that it would be implemented on a normal world. Speed rounds are different.

Reaction score
I think the other thing is that this would need to be combined with a relatively long beginner protection, or something similar, otherwise you're forced/encouraged to build a watchtower before BP ends, and ideally upgrade one significantly before nobling, which feels a bit silly.

DeletedUser124168

I love the idea of drastic world setting changes like this!
How about WT detects ALL incomings from ALL players, and are max level in all vills?

It would be anarchy and have to be no hauls but I'd love being able to see everyones nobles haha
Fora bit of fun at least!