World Size

DeletedUser15106

Ya thats what i was wondering about how come w32 has spears at 15 and 33 gets the at 18 minutes
To bad because 9 minute travel for spears would be apreaciated they weren't clear when they said this

it's the same formula on every world.

Unit speed * world speed = troops' actual speed.

DeletedUser

Anyone who misunderstood the concept behind a 0.5 world speed with 2.0 unit speeds is an idiot. It's very clearly laid out. The world is half as fast as normal. The troops are twice as fast as what is normal for the world speed (which is half).

However, anyone who says "the troop speed is normal, not double" and leaves it at that is also annoying: the most important part of troop speed is not the troop speed in comparison to real life but in comparison to the world speed. Although it seems like they travel the same (because irl it's the same) they travel faster, hence 2.0 instead of 1.0 --- Farming is much more important.
Actually, farming is easier now :icon_rolleyes: You can be half as active in farming, but still bring in the same resources in comparison to the world time it took to get them(if you were actively farming on a normal world. Or, if you are super active(lets say the same level of activity in real time as previously said world), twice as many resources as a "normal" world(speed one, unit speed 1). Quite simple.

DeletedUser

Anyone who misunderstood the concept behind a 0.5 world speed with 2.0 unit speeds is an idiot. It's very clearly laid out. The world is half as fast as normal. The troops are twice as fast as what is normal for the world speed (which is half).

However, anyone who says "the troop speed is normal, not double" and leaves it at that is also annoying: the most important part of troop speed is not the troop speed in comparison to real life but in comparison to the world speed. Although it seems like they travel the same (because irl it's the same) they travel faster, hence 2.0 instead of 1.0 --- Farming is much more important.

I'd like to point out that with the troop speed, when it says 2x, the game's mechanics recognize this as being "travel times are multiplied by 2".

At least, that's how it works on the DS-Lan private server.
That 2x is absolute; it's independent of the world's speed.

If I remember correctly, that's also how it worked on world 12, where troops travel at 0.75x, while the world is speed 2.

They made an error in the description of this world, unless they've changed the way that they define "Unit Speed" since world 12 (which is entirely possible).

DeletedUser15106

I'd like to point out that with the troop speed, when it says 2x, the game's mechanics recognize this as being "travel times are multiplied by 2".

At least, that's how it works on the DS-Lan private server.
That 2x is absolute; it's independent of the world's speed.

If I remember correctly, that's also how it worked on world 12 (didn't it? :S), where troops travel at 0.75x, while the world is speed 2.

They made an error in the description of this world, unless they've changed the way that they define "Unit Speed" since world 12 (which is entirely possible).

I don't remember ever seeing the absolute method used. =\ I didn't play w12, but it had exactly the same settings as w10, and w10 troops travelled like they had rockets up their... well nvm. This was in comparison to older worlds ofc XD, where the maximum w/s was 1.5 and on those worlds troops moved at 0.66666667x world speed (which is the same travel time per field as 1 w/s and 1 u/s).
But yeah the .75 speed in both those worlds is relative to the world speed, that's if I remember correctly of course :icon_redface:
Please tell me to stop if I'm talking nonsense :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Actually, they messed up w32 and didnt tell us. Very few people noticed that the unit speed modifier is .6 instead of the announced .5 modifier. That is why world 32 has units moving faster than w33.