World Tournament - FINAL ROUND!

DeletedUser

I think the competition was pretty fair. Because the people who entered were skilled players mostly, I think it made it more interesting to read oppinions, trying to set who is better and all. I think it was pretty fair, and it was based mostly on how everyone did on this world solely.
And well there will always be factors influencing.. for example I havent really done that much account wise for like 3 months, muso has been the one developing all the work. I only came in to help defend once when we were oped or something. But other than little stuff hes helped since I was studying for uni exams or doing duke stuff. I think we are a great team that motivates eachother. If I would enjoy tw like I did a year ago we would beat anyone. Now Im more through with it, waiting for the world to end so I can finish with tw. If its not defending then Im not much interested.
On the other hand Az is still in hes glory. :) So it all depends.

Az loves me so its all good in the end <3 :D

DeletedUser

Az loves us all. Except me. I cry at night because of that :icon_cry:. But no one will deny he's a monstrously skilled player:

[spoil]Side 1:
Players: Azazel Aziz
Side 2:
Tribes: Pha~Q, TB!2

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 147
Side 2: 16
Difference: 131

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,355,294
Side 2: 145,074
Difference: 1,210,220

chart
[/spoil]

DeletedUser3932

B) Team players with more motivation are typically able to pull out more skill (at least in my experience) and would, at least in my opinion, last longer in a 1v1 without quitting.

Of-course motivation is key.

But it is much easier to be motivated if your a team player, in seeing your friend getting butt-raped, it will cause you to think, o-crap, I need to step it up and help.

Also, in a tribal size situation, its much easier to get away with some days, where you don't really want to bother playing a lot. And then the next day, you play a lot.

But in a 1v1 situation, its all on you. 1 day where you don't bother logging in, can cause a major, if not fatal step backwards against the opposition.

And applied to this situation. Its easier to get motivated (which the Wobble players are more than the TB! ones I would say). When:
A) The rest of your team is determined too.
B) When your doing well.

If a couple of key things had gone TB!'s way, and a couple of key players in Wobbles side had changed sides, or left due to RL. Perhaps the rest in Wobble would be looking to leave, or wouldn't have the same team-work, as they do now.

So, in a team-game situation, motivation is slightly dependent on how you view those you are on-side with(whether you enjoy their company/they are working hard too), and how you view your chances on the whole.

In a 1v1 situation, there is no team-mate to get you motivated to push hard in that op. Or to get up to do that extra farming(ok BQ is co-played so they can motivate eachother).

So my point is, I believe it is understandable as to why its harder for TB! players to be motivated right now, as opposed to Wobble players. With a lot more of TB! players just straight-up quiting before being heavily hit. For those that did stick around for a long time, and were constantly grinded down by Wobbles team-work, there will always be a point where they just think, its not worth the hours they put in.

Similar to the situation on the other side of the world with NIR vs Wobble. Now, NIR players should be all having fun. Perhaps loosing/gaining (haven't looked at stats in a while). But in 6 months time, when some of them have left, and Wobble are still pounding away. I don't think anyone can blame those that stay, for getting a bit bored.

NB. Not saying thats whats going to happen with NIR. I was merely saying if NIR went the same way TB! seem to have gone.

Also, you say team-players are able to pull out more skill, but who's to say they have the skill to pull out in the first place?

With regards to your point A, I can't find the quote right now, but I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. Ok, I withdraw the work 'main' if thats not what you said. But you did state it was a reason.

DeletedUser

Can't be bothered to read a wall, especially not about something so trivial. Seen TB! when they were winning at their top motivation and Wobble at theirs, I'll go with Wobble. Kthxbai.

DeletedUser85711

I demand to be entered as a wildcard!

Really though, interesting final and I would have to say that a lot of personal bias was entered into the votes. As EC said, people would have had to fight both to form a valid opinion and chances are there were very few that have fought 1, let alone both. Both seem to rely heavily on teamwork, so would be interesting to see how they fair solo (can't really knock it, just my opinion). At primes, I think Az may be kind of SOL due to the sheer amount of activity that the co-played account could come up with, but unsure who outshines who in terms of skill. Az and I could hardly talk to each other without 'tudes getting thrown around so I never had the chance to to work with him/chat to see what kind of aptitude he could show.

As none of the players in TB!, have lost to 1 single player in Wobble.

I took out 1 solo :p

DeletedUser

people would have had to fight both to form a valid opinion and chances are there were very few that have fought 1, let alone both.

cus if you fight one of us chances are you quit or got rimmed so can't fight the otherone XD

DeletedUser95593

Anna is a noob, this azazel guy would win. Or am I too late to vote? Doesn't matter, Anna is still a noob. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Yeah, I hate Anna, whoever she is. I mean Ana's pretty cool, but whoever Anna is, if Choco hates her then so do I!

DeletedUser

And well there will always be factors influencing.. for example I havent really done that much account wise for like 3 months, muso has been the one developing all the work. I only came in to help defend once when we were oped or something. But other than little stuff hes helped since I was studying for uni exams or doing duke stuff. I think we are a great team that motivates eachother. If I would enjoy tw like I did a year ago we would beat anyone. Now Im more through with it, waiting for the world to end so I can finish with tw. If its not defending then Im not much interested.

Don't worry Ana, we weren't voting for you.

DeletedUser

aw but my name was said so many times. in comparison to you, nobody even cares about your babbling :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Can't be bothered to read a wall, especially not about something so trivial. Seen TB! when they were winning at their top motivation and Wobble at theirs, I'll go with Wobble. Kthxbai.

13,519 posts. wow, that is outrageous. Get a life is a typical phrase, but you seem to already have one in the shape of these forums.

Your comments offend me.

That is all.