World Tournament - FINAL ROUND!

DeletedUser

This is over already, but I haven't had time to tally the votes. Guess it'll wait.

DeletedUser

The End

This round...the final round...it all came down to the rank 2 player and the rank 11 player!

Bunny Queen vs. Azazel Aziz, both great players in their own right, were voted on by players of all tribes (and some who have quit this world), and now we'll see who won!

While Bunny Queen came out strong with an early lead in the voting, even while tallying them Azazel seemed to make a comeback, so we'll see if it was enough to win this tournament!

Bunny Queen received a total of...14 votes!

On the other end of the spectrum, Azazel Aziz received...9 votes!

That means the winner of this tournament, this accursed time-consuming tournament, is Bunny Queen!

Now, you get to laugh! Congrats, the end :icon_wink:.

Thank you all for voting, and thank you to everyone who helped me out with this tournament. I don't look forward to running it again, but it was fun to see how people felt about players and whether that'd interfere with their voting on skill :).

DeletedUser74275

i think this was a pretty good final, couldnt think of a better one?

maybe Dr. Sandman

anyway...thanks for doing this Or-el, was the most entertaining post on this forum in a long while and not many negative messages came from it - well apart from that one kid spitting his dummy out in the semi finals one

good job!

DeletedUser

I got all the negative messages over Skype instead :icon_razz:.

Never doing it again, but like I said fun while it lasted. Thanks for the compliments.

DeletedUser3932

Surprising result, or I guess not so surprising since it really became a popularity contest in the end, hence why there were very few non-Wobble players who did well.

Good work u6s5l, it was a great idea, and you did well with it, and it proved that you aren't annoying all the time (wink).

Think a lot of people forgot it was a simple 1v1, and not that you can't twist facts or get other people to help you out (at which BQ is good at, as we all know). Az would win quite easily I feel.

DeletedUser

I particularly like that you went with what you feel and made assumptions about what others thought, after telling me I'm annoying.

*highfive*

Great job.

DeletedUser3932

I particularly like that you went with what you feel and made assumptions about what others thought, after telling me I'm annoying.

*highfive*

Great job.

Someone above actually stated their reason for voting for BQ was because they liked Muso/Ana, and had never spoken to Az.

How exactly does that make BQ a better player than Az I ask you?

I also feel that most people would agree you can be annoying, I am sure you would agree yourself (you might be trying to use it to your benifit). I made no comment about myself being annoying.

People can pass judgment on others, without implying that they are not the same.

Just in the same way, I could call you stupid. That does not mean I am not stupid myself(you could argue that anyone who calls anyone stupid, on a Internet forum is quite unintelligent themselves, but that is an entirely different arguement). It works the same in compliments too. I can call you intelligent, but that does not mean I am not intelligent myself.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Someone above actually stated their reason for voting for BQ was because they liked Muso/Ana, and had never spoken to Az.

I also feel that most people would agree you can be annoying, I am sure you would agree yourself (you might be trying to use it to your benifit). I made no comment about myself being annoying.

People can pass judgment on others, without implying that they are not the same.

Just in the same way, I could call you stupid. That does not mean I am not stupid myself(you could argue that anyone who calls anyone stupid, on a Internet forum is quite unintelligent themselves, but that is an entirely different arguement). It works the same in compliments too. I can call you intelligent, but that does not mean I am not intelligent myself.

YARRR!!! I agree matey! If you put pantyhose over your head it does make a great mask! HAR HAR HAR!

DeletedUser

You said:
became a popularity contest
Think a lot of people forgot it was a simple 1v1, and not that you can't twist facts or get other people to help you out (at which BQ is good at, as we all know).

I challenge you on the bold, and you mention one person. Bravo *claps*.

And where's the "lot of people" who forgot that it was a 1v1?

I never said you were annoying. It's not all about you, though I've heard from stew that you do have that tendency to make things about you :icon_wink:.

Heck, I wouldn't have been able to break this tie. Ana/muso together are machines, and Az...I mean, have you seen his work? It speaks for itself. But does that mean I won't take issue with you making unproved claims, even if you are saying the result is one I might see as possible (Az winning)? Nah.

DeletedUser

Of course this was always going to be a popularity contest. For someone to make any accurate decision in the least they would have had to have played against both players personally. Most people who voted here were Wobble themselves, which dramatically reduces the chances of that eventuality.

Otherwise, decisions made on statistics are nonsense. Some people have to work a lot harder for their caps than others, which is not always reflected by ODA either. For example, if someone is nobling an active player, who dodges, snipes, back-times and so forth, that does not mean he is any less good than someone who is able to nuke and noble an inactive player, blasting away one village worths of defense at a time and hence gaining more caps and ODA.

Some people would have voted based on reputations, formed by the opinions of others. That is also a nonsensical method of deciding the winner since we all know how wrong reputations often are. I can think of many over-hyped players who really are more skilled in managing their public image than their incoming overview screen.

I didn't want to vote in any previous round because I didn't want to have to vote off a friend if I thought they would have lost their fight. Although I'm sure a lot of the more mature friends of mine on this server may have been comfortable with me doing so, there are the many brittle egos of my friends who would be hurt if they were voted against by their friends. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt the same way.

But that's really a lesser issue considering there would be a lot of unconscious bias by voters. You are more likely to think positively about somebody that you know and like as oppose to a stranger or someone you know and are either neutral about or dislike. And that was probably the biggest factor when people came towards voting.

So really the results of this competition mean really nothing, considering most voters have come from a position of ignorance and bias. And I am pleased that there has been no bragging, or not much bragging, about the results. Nonetheless, this competition, as Or-el stated from the start was just for fun and shouldn't have been treated competitively, although some did. And I'm grateful to him making it so that I could read it.

I was fortunate enough to have actually played briefly against both players through TB! and AAA sits, and I haven't spoken all that much privately to either player so I was roughly neutral. So I thought I'd vote in this round. I would agree with Ted that Azazel would win, although BQ, I felt, was playing rather half-heartedly at the time I saw him in action and I do like Azazel's personality based on his external presence. So I guess that I am just as ignorant and bias as the rest.

Both players though, and I think no one can dispute this, are truly excellent and both deserve their places here. The closeness of the final in some ways though just made the above factors influence even greater. I would honestly pay to see this match up ingame.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I *gasp* agree.

Competition was never perfect, and was never meant to be. Popularity, though, is a discussion of who is liked better. I felt people voted off statistics, experience, and reputation for the most part. While those are not always reliable, they typically can give you at least some idea...which is why the competition is imperfect. There is no perfect competition, as Nadir stated above. The amount of people who voted because they "liked" someone better than someone else is, I felt, fairly minimal. Maybe it was an influencing factor, and there was certainly bias, but I think it was based on who people played with and knew the skills of moreso than the other, who they saw in the stats, and who had the more fearsome reputation. Little of that "well I think this person is cooler, I like them more" etc. that is what ted_terror implied that I took issue with.

The flaws highlighted by electricool were certainly ones I was aware with; I did my best to make it enjoyable and remove as many flaws as possible, but there is no way to remove all those flaws or run the competition in a "perfect" manner...this isn't the Summer Games where players all got together and duked it out, this was a forum competition run over a few weeks. That's all. No iPad winner, either, for that matter. If you want some real modicum of where you stand compared to other players, good luck setting up a 1v1. But in the meantime, at least we can have some fun with this :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser3932

The popularity thing was primarily focused on the fact the Wobble players all did relatively well, whereas the other tribed players did poorly.

My main point was that it was quite inaccurate, which I feel is shown by some of the results of the match-ups throughout the competition.

There are those I agree with, those I disagree with. Of-course you can claim that my opinion isn't the truth in what would happen of-course. And as a result the majority of the match-up decisions I have let go. But there are a few match-ups, that are definitely not based on reputation (of which popularity is a major part), or on players having fought both players (which would of-course be most ideal).

As for setting up a 1v1 thing. I'd imagine most players on here would want a break from TW after this world, as I believe Ana and Az have played from beginning to end without any major breaks. A real 1v1 would be fun to watch, and as I said before, Az would win it.

Also, I never said this was about me. Dunno quite where your coming from there. But I'm sure I can make it al about me if you want in-game (giggle)

DeletedUser

Can you blame people for not voting as much for players of the losing tribe at the moment, or the non-main players? 2/8 quarterfinalists weren't Wobble. Still a decent amount, given that most of the players who weren't in Wobble were losing villages, had already quit, or were not exactly "reliable" on their activity and skill levels.

Sure, it's not perfectly accurate, but popularity had little to do with it. Even TB! players voted Wobble players over their tribemates (3 times in the quarterfinals alone) and a NUTS player voted for TB! over Wobble. That means 4/11 people didn't vote along tribe lines in the quarterfinal round alone. I could go and check other rounds to illustrate the point, but I think that does it nicely already.

You can make it "al" about you if you want. It wouldn't be particularly advisable. The mere fact you'd make that little jab is already pretty ridiculous and low, making threats like that. Though I'm sure it'll be a "typo" :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser3932

I'm confused. I didn't make a threat or a jab.

Now, you have said in the other thread, a main reason Wobble are beating TB! is due the better leadership, and that you heard TB!'s was quite selfish (or something along those lines). And that Wobble has far superior teamwork, and motivation to fight for one another.

In a 1v1, absolutely none of that matters. There is no tribe to fight for. No teamwork. So whether they are winning or loosing now, is irrelavent. As none of the players in TB!, have lost to 1 single player in Wobble. Its always been 5v1 or 10v1 or however many people you get into each op nowadays. The same can be said in return if 1 Wobble player does an op on 1 TB! player, but the TB! player recieves help from 4 other TB! players (sitting/support/ect). That does not mean the TB! player would be good in a 1v1 situation with that single Wobble player.

So you see my point, a 1v1 is nothing like a tribal situation, having team spirit is nothing in this situation.

So just because Wobble in the end might have the top 40 players in their tribe, doesn't mean they had the best 40 players that played this world.

Teamwork and such is a important TW trait to have to succeed. But in a 1v1 you can't use it.

So the fact they are in the loosing side now, means nothing towards them being a worse individual player. Part of where they ended up is geographical. You can't say they are bad (not saying your saying that), because they just joined the best tribe in the area (TB!), just because TB! as a tribe might be worse than Wobble as a tribe, means nothing so each individual players skill.

Edit: I have no idea if this makes sense, but I don't want to proof read, so I hope you understand my side of the discussion.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't think that every match up was decided by popularity, but I think the last one was so close that people's bias decided who won (not necessarily saying the wrong person won). No surprise being BQ winning, when due to their role they have much more contact with Wobble players compared to Az who from what I understands limits his friendship circles to ex-Apathy on the most part.

Lastly, I'll be brave and say that Wobble do actually have the better skilled players. Through a fortunate sequence of events they managed to merge in groups of core players allowing them to monopolise the majority of the world's skill. Wobble/TB! War was often deemed as a war of skill vs. teamwork a while ago, even by Wobble members, but that may have changed since.

DeletedUser

I'm confused. I didn't make a threat or a jab.

Now, you have said in the other thread, a main reason Wobble are beating TB! is due the better leadership, and that you heard TB!'s was quite selfish (or something along those lines). And that Wobble has far superior teamwork, and motivation to fight for one another.

In a 1v1, absolutely none of that matters. There is no tribe to fight for. No teamwork. So whether they are winning or loosing now, is irrelavent. As none of the players in TB!, have lost to 1 single player in Wobble. Its always been 5v1 or 10v1 or however many people you get into each op nowadays. The same can be said in return if 1 Wobble player does an op on 1 TB! player, but the TB! player recieves help from 4 other TB! players (sitting/support/ect). That does not mean the TB! player would be good in a 1v1 situation with that single Wobble player.

So you see my point, a 1v1 is nothing like a tribal situation, having team spirit is nothing in this situation.

So just because Wobble in the end might have the top 40 players in their tribe, doesn't mean they had the best 40 players that played this world.

Teamwork and such is a important TW trait to have to succeed. But in a 1v1 you can't use it.

So the fact they are in the loosing side now, means nothing towards them being a worse individual player. Part of where they ended up is geographical. You can't say they are bad (not saying your saying that), because they just joined the best tribe in the area (TB!), just because TB! as a tribe might be worse than Wobble as a tribe, means nothing so each individual players skill.

Edit: I have no idea if this makes sense, but I don't want to proof read, so I hope you understand my side of the discussion.

A) Not even the main, or the only reason I cited.
B) Team players with more motivation are typically able to pull out more skill (at least in my experience) and would, at least in my opinion, last longer in a 1v1 without quitting.

So you ignored what I said and nitpicked what you didn't ignore.

You're not very good fun :icon_sad:.

And yes, Nadir, I'd say it has changed.

DeletedUser74275

im certainly not popular and made it to the semi finals :icon_confused:

if you are talking eventual winner for popularity, then i missed the point of the above

the whole competition was one of the best posts this world has seen in a long long time