World Tournament - Round 2

DeletedUser112060

well am assuming equal sizes with clustered and isolated villas... all the rest like play times, troop builds, and village type are all up to the account players to decide.... so this is taking into account play style as some players like an offenssive heavy split rather than a 1:1

anotheronebitesthedust
azazel

illuminati puppet vs paolo (Cant decide :s)
bunny queen
drop350 vs tman (cant decide :s)
kugyuu
fabregas4 (no we arent just voting for ourselves... there are some in this tourniment that i feel we cant beat...)
volvol

DeletedUser

Another problem with the way this is set out, it isn't based on all the players on the account. Both of my co-players are better than me but are not known as they don't speak much...

DeletedUser

Another problem with the way this is set out, it isn't based on all the players on the account. Both of my co-players are better than me but are not known as they don't speak much...

It's like you guys are trying to make it overcomplicated. People voting saying "muso is a machine" are not voting off who they like, they are voting off who they think is more skilled. Over defining this would just waste my time and everyone else's, because then people would complain "oh but he'd win with 200 villages not 800, and if so and so could barb noble first they'd outgrow then win" and so on. It's simple: starting on equal footing, who do you think is best. ODA can be used as an indicator of aggression, so there's that. And lastly, responding to Dallow, it says in the first post to judge with coplayers included. No one knows who volvol's are, but people talk about them. They contribute to the skill of the account, and therefore are considered under your name even if they don't know someone else is doing it.

Stop over complicating. If it came down to things like ODA and clustering and so on it would be overspecific, and likely even more bias than if I left it vague for people to simply consider who is more skilled in what they consider a generic circumstance, because those generics average out statistically (same reason we assume in surveys that we statistically will average out the extreme views down to the middle zone with more test subjects).

Now if you want to continue debating how this isn't specific enough, that's cool. Go ahead. But I've never seen one as specific as this (and this thread goes up every world), and I've never seen one that could perfectly account for human nature either, so we make do or we become complainers. Your choice :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

Yeah but i think some people are voting incorrectly, and dallow is right really. killer instinc for example voted he would beat us if he had a coplayer on the account who is no longer on there(guy called ryan). Surely though when or-el said take co-players into account he meant count only the co-players actually playing now, not old co-players? I also agree with dallow that its hard to vote based on co-players, people are voting against some accounts because they dont know the skill level of all the players on the account, for example we have one of the top swedish players from the swedish players on our account, who has won multiple worlds over there but people probably dont know that :p.

i can see some people voting fairly the best they can, but i also see some people just voting for who they know.. and not taking into account skill level all the time.

So i feel like we should redo this tourney one day but all co-players on each account should have to first post links to worlds they have played before etc, so we get a feel of how good all the players on all the accounts are.

DeletedUser

Yeah but i think some people are voting incorrectly, and dallow is right really. killer instinc for example voted he would beat us if he had a coplayer on the account who is no longer on there(guy called ryan).

He is there, he is just having activity issues. The tournament assumes equal activity though in the rules, meaning the coplayer who is still there would be factored in.

Surely though when or-el said take co-players into account he meant count only the co-players actually playing now, not old co-players? I also agree with dallow that its hard to vote based on co-players, people are voting against some accounts because they dont know the skill level of all the players on the account, for example we have one of the top swedish players from the swedish players on our account, who has won multiple worlds over there but people probably dont know that :p.

Doesn't matter, if you didn't include coplayers we wouldn't have a single measure of the person's skill because we wouldn't know what they or their coplayer did separately on the account, and if we can't separate then we can't choose who would win. Therefore we judge off account. Furthermore bragging about past worlds is pretty silly; the swedish server is smaller to boot. I've won 2 worlds here, one on .US, and may win this one at this rate, but would I say I could beat Killer Instinct.? Probably not. I think you provided us with a wrong way to vote, rather than saying that a right one was left out.

i can see some people voting fairly the best they can, but i also see some people just voting for who they know.. and not taking into account skill level all the time.

So i feel like we should redo this tourney one day but all co-players on each account should have to first post links to worlds they have played before etc, so we get a feel of how good all the players on all the accounts are.

Past worlds mean little. How do I know how long they played that account? Can't really say. Do the best with what you got, and this is it. To base it on past accounts is, as I said, silly...

Votes will be posted up along with round 3 in likely an hour. Thank you all for your patience.

DeletedUser

The winners have been announced in the other thread. For good measure, here they are:

Round Votes:

[spoil]AnotherOneBitesTheDust (10) vs. sdcz6 (13) - sdcz6 Wins!
Azazel Aziz (19) vs. Addicted to Love. (5) - Azazel Aziz Wins!
Illuminati Puppet. (12) vs. paolo83 (11) - Illuminati Puppet. Wins!
Angacam (3) vs. Bunny Queen (21) - Bunny Queen Wins!
Drop350 (7) vs. Tman93 (13) - tman93 Wins!
Kugyuuu (10) vs. Killer Instinct. (13) - Killer Instinct. Wins!
Drunk in the Morning (6) vs. Fabregas4 (18) - Fabregas4 Wins!
Volvol123 (15) vs. flux0rx1 (9) - Volvol123 Wins![/spoil]

Eliminated Players:

[spoil]Drop350
Kugyuuu
Drunk in the Morning
flux0rx1[/spoil]

Winners Bracket (Top 2 by most votes total from loser's bracket moved up):

[spoil]1. sdcz6
2. Bunny Queen
3. Azazel Aziz
4. Illuminati Puppet.
5. tman93
6. Volvol123[/spoil]

Losers Bracket:

[spoil]1. Killer Instinct.
2. Addicted to Love.
3. paolo83
4. Fabregas4
5. Angacam
6. AnotherOneBitesTheDust[/spoil]

Next round is here! Click this link to vote!