World Tournament - SemiFinals!

DeletedUser

Hey everyone!

So you all are aware, this is the semi-final round. Pure elimination: if you lose this round, you're out.

After some close and not-so-close rounds, the round 4 winners have been finalized with the votes having been counted!

Before we do that though, here's a reminder of who the round 4 winners are!

The winners have been announced in the other thread. For good measure, here they are:

[spoil]Round Votes:

[spoil]Illuminati Puppet (10) vs. sdcz6 (1) - Illuminati Puppet. Wins!
Bunny Queen (10) vs. tman93 (1) - Bunny Queen Wins!
Angacam (3) vs. paolo83 (7) - paolo83 Wins!
Azazel Aziz (10) vs. Fabregas4 (2) - Azazel Aziz Wins![/spoil]

Eliminated Players:

[spoil]Angacam
sdcz6
tman93
Fabregas4[/spoil]

Brackets Merged, players ranked based on votes in last round (and record):

[spoil]1. Bunny Queen
2. Illuminati Puppet.
3. Azazel Aziz
4. paolo83[/spoil][/spoil]

Paolo, the lone TB! player left, stacks up against the rest. Given that this is frequently called a "Wobble" forum at the moment, I would have to give major credit to paolo83 for making it this far against what most believe are very difficult odds :).

Random number generator:

[spoil]3
1[/spoil]

Moving forward, the bracket for this round is going to be very interesting:

Azazel Azizvs.paolo83
Illuminati Puppet.vs.Bunny Queen

Please do not take this as an indication of my opinion on who is more skilled, which is what you should be judging this on. Regardless: In a way, it would be more interesting to see paolo83 win his round; that would ensure the next round isn't a repeat of Bunny Queen and Azazel Aziz.

Rules are the same, but here's a reminder:

[spoil]1) Vote off what you think would happen in a 1v1.
2) Coplayers are included when you think about the winner.
3) Do not base anything off who has more firepower; assume both players start with same number of villages.
4) Assume that the two accounts have the same amount of online time per day, and timezones are the same.
5) Opinions not required when voting, but they are appreciated, so feel free to explain your point of view.
6) If you don't care how I will run the bracket, skip this mumbo jumbo technical talk. For those curious on how the next bracket will be drawn up using the double-bracket system, winners and losers will be separated into two different brackets and matched up randomly on their bracket using number generators. They will be given their assigned number based on their entry numbers (ie. 1 in the losers' category, if flux0rx1 lost and Tman93 didn't, is flux0rx1. If Tman93 lost, he would be 1 in the losers' category.) If you have questions about this, message me privately over forum.[/spoil]

All votes will be publicly made on the thread. One vote per person. If you use an alias I will know, and I will remove any further votes. I will not vote myself usually, but in the event of a tie I will be the tie-breaker, and will explain my reasoning if it comes to it.

Commence voting...now! You have 36 hours to vote!

Link to original thread

DeletedUser81101

Haha... I think we all knew Azazel would win before this started

DeletedUser

Azazel Aziz vs. paolo83
Illuminati Puppet. vs. Bunny Queen

DeletedUser

Azazel Aziz vs. paolo83

DeletedUser

Azazel Aziz vs. paolo83

The few encounters I had with paolo way back when on Eye of the Storm did not leave a lasting impression. There was nothing special :|

Azazel at least had the courtesy to time attacks.

I hope I can vote even though I'm not playing in this world anymore...

I'll vote for Azazel, but I did not have the chance to fight Illuminati so voting for BQ in this instance would be unfair to illuminati :)

DeletedUser74275

The few encounters I had with paolo way back when on Eye of the Storm did not leave a lasting impression. There was nothing special :|

Azazel at least had the courtesy to time attacks.

I hope I can vote even though I'm not playing in this world anymore...

I'll vote for Azazel, but I did not have the chance to fight Illuminati so voting for BQ in this instance would be unfair to illuminati :)

i think you can appreciate i didnt get to work on that account properly until it was around the time that my account helped rim Eye of the Storm, an account 3 or 4 times my size

but your judgement is certainly fair based on your experience with me

just as a narrative, il let you know that i quit my account through lack of options, the tribe i was in was dead on its feet....the opposition were poised to attack and only i were attacking back successfully - this was not how i wanted to spend my summer.

i was rank 3 ODD, top 10 ODA, top 5 OD when i quit. i dont think many players on this world have achieved an all rounder achievement like that

That said....i have over achieved in this fun competition. im not around anymore (however still relevant enough for many of my old foes who i have certainly annoyed through my bickering rubbish posted on here more than my paolo character ingame) and a lot of the other competitors in this competition were/are very much alive and kicking - that must say something for how i can handle myself and not for a few lazy timed attacks on your account when nothing was really happening.

I certainly know my stuff and on my day i can give anyone a hard time both attacking and defending and thats all that matters to me and i how i want to be remembered. i dont want to be remembered as anything more because it would be simply false.

i know i wont win this competition and i have certainly exceeded my own expectations

i look forward to seeing you all on another world

i am currently on world 69 where i am being really chilled right now with a modest 9 villages ranked 380 or something like that. come find me and we can have some fun one way or another

ciao mein
Paolo

DeletedUser

I'll count that as a tiebreaker, BlueTattoo:

The winners have been announced in the other thread. For good measure, here they are:

Round Votes:

[spoil]Azazel Aziz (6) vs. paolo83 (2) - Azazel Aziz Wins!
Illuminati Puppet. (2) vs. Bunny Queen (5) - Bunny Queen Wins![/spoil]

Eliminated Players:

[spoil]paolo83
Illuminati Puppet.[/spoil]

Only two players left: Bunny Queen vs. Azazel Aziz, the rematch commences!

Next round is here! Click this link to vote!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i think you can appreciate i didnt get to work on that account properly until it was around the time that my account helped rim Eye of the Storm, an account 3 or 4 times my size

That is a plain lie.

I was Eye of the Storm, and we were nuking and clearing your villages. If you bothered to check twstats, or read the externals, all players on EotS quit before March arrived. I passed the account to a sitter after my coplayers left and perhaps they defended it for a few days, but they decided to internal it afterwards. What transpired exactly - I don't know. But please, don't take credit for rimming someone if there was not anyone to begin with.

Back in Yarr, I barely saw you snipe anything for any tribemate (correct me if I'm wrong). I also don't remember you taking much sits in the first place. And when we finally faced each other on the battlefield, I never saw a single snipe attempt from your account.

It's one thing to get the nice OD scores, and it's also another thing to get them and get owned too. I know many accounts with 'fantastic' OD scores, but it counts for nought if you're a goner all the same. Back when EoTS was active, I dare say we were top 3 in both ODA and ODD at the same time, with a top 3 rank as well. So yes, it's possible to achieve what you 'achieved' and more.

Paolo, I play The Ripple Effect over there. Perhaps you should come find me instead. There's a reason why your account just never makes it to the the higher levels in a world...doesn't matter what world you play in. I'm not surprised you made it to the semi-finals of this tournament, I'm flabbergasted, because my time playing with you has honestly left no impact on me whatsoever, and I'm pretty damn certain W65 has much better players that deserve recognition.

To the person who asked what account I played in World 60, I was on Fifth Element Choice for an extremely brief period - about a month. I was brought in for a while to help attack/fake etc, not long enough to witness the collapse of Calm. or what followed thereafter.

DeletedUser74275

through reasons i would rather not talk about on here, i could not be active in the early stages of world 65 (that was my Yarr days)

i was one of those accounts throwing defences willy nilly at your call everywhere it was required (your villages mainly) as i had little time to attack and capitalize on others inactive/noobness so i had a slow start to the world

it is of no coincidence that all 3 worlds that i have played in i have ended up getting huge respect from players, mainly enemies, this has occurred from world 26, world 56 and world 65......i admit my timings versus your account were lousy - i never intended on really beating you, as i had previously said earlier, your account was about 3 times my size and there is not a lot you can do from sending attacks from a phone on a bus. However that actually shows you in an even worse light as you did not capitalize on this and get rid of me there and then

i WILL find you on world 69 and i promise you this, you WILL NOT be disappointed with my timings this time :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

through reasons i would rather not talk about on here, i could not be active in the early stages of world 65 (that was my Yarr days)

i was one of those accounts throwing defences willy nilly at your call everywhere it was required (your villages mainly) as i had little time to attack and capitalize on others inactive/noobness so i had a slow start to the world

it is of no coincidence that all 3 worlds that i have played in i have ended up getting huge respect from players, mainly enemies, this has occurred from world 26, world 56 and world 65......i admit my timings versus your account were lousy - i never intended on really beating you, as i had previously said earlier, your account was about 3 times my size and there is not a lot you can do from sending attacks from a phone on a bus. However that actually shows you in an even worse light as you did not capitalize on this and get rid of me there and then

i WILL find you on world 69 and i promise you this, you WILL NOT be disappointed with my timings this time :icon_razz:

Paolo, it's a no haul world, as much as I can rim you, there's a limit to how much people can noble in 1 go. And please, even before Lucaya merged into EoTS, the account was solo-played and was still BIGGER than yours. And I don't recall you supporting Lucaya much in the first place, considering the account was not part of any major frontline for quite some time. (Care X was one but they were wiped quickly).

You may have supported EotS during the Wobble war, but we were all huge by then and that can't be considered early game.

No excuses please, the only reason you'll ever make it to the top 50 in any world, is if 450 people above you quit as time goes by ;)

DeletedUser74275

Paolo, it's a no haul world, as much as I can rim you, there's a limit to how much people can noble in 1 go. And please, even before Lucaya merged into EoTS, the account was solo-played and was still BIGGER than yours. And I don't recall you supporting Lucaya much in the first place, considering the account was not part of any major frontline for quite some time. (Care X was one but they were wiped quickly).

You may have supported EotS during the Wobble war, but we were all huge by then and that can't be considered early game.

No excuses please, the only reason you'll ever make it to the top 50 in any world, is if 450 people above you quit as time goes by ;)

i was pretty much solo played too, i nobled every single village in all the time i was on world 69, so what is your point again?

and if you check the conquer stats, i think i was probably beating you in stats too?

i also lasted a lot longer than you too didnt i sunshine :lol:

no excuses please