World variation events

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seroxy5

Reaction score
In reference to the thinktank that was open a while back about world variations, I thought of a suggestion to make the worlds more interesting (just a bit late). In the thinktank there were talks about worlds with themes to boost certain things in the game. My suggestion is similar to this but instead of the world having these buffs permanently, what if there would be events lasting various amount of time where certain troops or certain resources etc. are buffed. For example it could be an event where axes get 10% more fighting power for 3 weeks or 2 weeks of 20% more iron production or 1 month of 10% faster recruitment in the stable or a combination of several buffs. Debuffs are also something that could be implemented. This would give the worlds more variety in my opinion and would have players experimenting builds more.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
With some tweaks, this could be a good addition.

I do feel that it should be 'fixed' on each world, to make players change their approach slightly on each world. So it would be permanent buffs.

The problem with 'short-term buffs' is that players won't be able to adapt to them effectively before the buffs change again. So I've voted for the idea, but with the view that it is more focused on specific permanent buffs (negative and positive) for each world.

seroxy5

Reaction score
I had that in mind but I suppose I didn't think it through properly. The idea with permanent buffs was suggested in the thinktank however, so this thread is focusing on the temporary buffs. The thought is to have the world itself vary, but the time frames could be extended to several months to easier be able to adapt. I think it would be funnier to see each world vary with troop types to keep everyone on their toes instead of just figuring out the best combo within first 3 months and then stick to the same composition throughout the whole world.