Worst noble history I have seen.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing I see no logic to the statement that if you do not gain ODA but gain villages you are a poor player.

As with any world the settings mean a different game play is needed. I see the same posts worlds over that because a player did not play a certain style they are a poor player.

Maybe on that note a player who moves tribes 8 times is a worse player ;)

DeletedUser

ODA has always been an overrated metric for judging a player, whereas it is just one of the so many metrics that need to be considered combined.

If you can preserve your offensive troops while nobling out your opponent, why would you kill them at all. They could be used to kill another village or to trick once again to gain another village w/o gaining ODA.

DeletedUser

ODA has always been an overrated metric for judging a player, whereas it is just one of the so many metrics that need to be considered combined.

If you can preserve your offensive troops while nobling out your opponent, why would you kill them at all. They could be used to kill another village or to trick once again to gain another village w/o gaining ODA.

until you hit a certain point being able to control oda is kind of hard and be able to survive

DeletedUser

i think thats the point

if you gain villages without losing many nukes they can be used on other players.

but eventually you need to use them. and that will be in war. so its the war conquers/oda that matters.
the free nobling on nooby tribes isn't in my opinion.

and busamad
i see no reason to say a player with 8 tribe changes is a bad player.
you can be very unlucky
gangbang after gangbang on your tribe but you survive. stay alive and big. sniping everything untill your tribe disbands. you can be very unlucky.

if not i agree but there are certain situations where your statement can't be used.

i would say your a poor player if your losing villages in a war without gaining any ODD. not gaining villages in a war vs a good opponent. that would make a good or bad player, those outcomes in a equal war.

DeletedUser

Courtesy of DuckBawse

http://www.twstats.com/en61/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=4166340&type=gain&pn=-1

2fYje.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For me, a good player is not only judged by his tribemates, but also his enemies.

If your enemies are saying you are good, then you are good.

Psihic

Well, ODA is normally where people get considered good or bad but I do agree with those who dont take this as the ultimate answer.

People dodge, and if I can get them to dodge once too many and trick them to put troops into villas im not after I gain villas but no ODA. I believe that in general makes me a better player then those brute forcers ..

DeletedUser52035

I can beat it. I even have more that go off the screen -
yLvs

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Marc Usini was the diplomat of HAW for the longest time. I was almost forced into a situation where I would be either be staying in a tribe I disliked, or leaving to join a tribe I disliked. When I joined I was told by Marc, that I would be watched like a hawk, because I was a tribe hopper.

Now I find this to be funny, because HAW would have been the second tribe I joined on this world. You can't always get it right the first time. There isn't a whole lot of hopping going on in a situation where you leave ONE tribe. In my time in HAW I tried very hard to be loyal, even though I hated the guts of some that inhabited that family full of people asking for support, basically crying in every forum.

I was helping nearby members with clearings, pre-nobles, etc, and when other tribes created the coalition to take down the HAW family, I sent about 60% of my defense to support those in need. I tried various times to have changes happen within the tribe. One thing I wanted done, was the killing of at least 2 of the 4 branches of the tribe. I would have been fine with just killing off three of them, and just keeping the best players. Granted, not the prettiest of suggestions, but how the hell do you allow your tribe to grow to be that large in the first place?

Anyways, after all of those efforts that failed due to what I can only describe as a lack of reason, I started trying to get the leadership to realize Marc Usini's barb nobling and max out village kill things for me strategy. I was again, ignored. Looking back, one can only wonder how someone would choose that man to bash villages for you? From what I can see, he's never had reason to build troops.

I also hated that no one in the HAW family wanted to op the enemies, they were all worried about their own areas. So after being fed up, I left to join a group of friends in BTY, I was opped up. And to be quite honest, HAW did a horrible job of attacking. I quit after 4 nights of almost sleepless nights. I was tired, no co player, no solid sitter, a few were able to fill in from time to time. But that just wasn't enough. The first two nights I defended and killed 9 nukes from one player, not including the two backtimes I had on him. Some of those nukes also came with noble trains. I killed 4 of them, before even making efforts to snipe trains. Now I did mention they do not like to op enemies, but I must have lit one massive fire under them, because one of the dukes tried oh so hard to kill me. Despite me helping him in the past, killing 9 nukes, 4 trains, and getting two backtimes in, he refused to even speak to me.

I had 15 villages, and I killed 34 nobles. I killed 16 nobles before receiving any support from my friends. I feel ashamed that I was nobled by them. Even though at the end I was just gifting to people, as I knew I wouldn't be able to rebuild after a failed effort to relocate. But oh well, it has led to better things for me.

EDIT: When Tman is not writing cool stories he is out fighting dragons. This is information that needs to be known by the TW community. :)

Last edited: