Wow! This is all a little sad

Deleted User - 4669627

that one's actually funny, cuz Albanian playstyle is so similar to your own, it was odd watching you attack them for it

*GranTorino

So when I answered your riddle with 'split nobles' I.E. 4 sets of nobles all with a half nuke each sent from 2 different villages you told me i was close but wrong matt when i was right :(

Meh. Sniping is only inefficient if you don't use the correct quantities, or can't be precise with timings. As ive said before to be efficient with stacking is to stack pre emptively. If in a situation where you have the option to scrape together mobile defence for a stack, or just land a decent snipe I know which is more efficient and I know what I would go for.

If your frontline is set up correctly you can snipe and recap all day long even without pre emptive stacks so long as you are active and precise with your timings.

Deleted User - 10618707

So when I answered your riddle with 'split nobles' I.E. 4 sets of nobles all with a half nuke each sent from 2 different villages you told me i was close but wrong matt when i was right :(

Meh. Sniping is only inefficient if you don't use the correct quantities, or can't be precise with timings. As ive said before to be efficient with stacking is to stack pre emptively. If in a situation where you have the option to scrape together mobile defence for a stack, or just land a decent snipe I know which is more efficient and I know what I would go for.

If your frontline is set up correctly you can snipe and recap all day long even without pre emptive stacks so long as you are active and precise with your timings.

Eh. Dont agree with the last paragraph at all. That's strictly short term.

*GranTorino

Eh. Dont agree with the last paragraph at all. That's strictly short term.

You can with ease for as long as it takes for timed long range support to land.

I said all day long, Not all week long ;)

Deleted User - 10618707

See the problem with that is the fact that sniping and recapping can easily been countered. Especially if not taking into the effects of being able to pp walls instantly. Any decent tribe should be able to overcome that.

How?

Lets take sniping, when it comes down to it, it really matters who is better at 'timing' I suppose, though either way its likely that you'll end up inefficiently losing great chunks of your mobile Defense that way due to the inefficiencies of sniping (large D troops dying on 0 wall), especially if antisnipes are sent from close range after you've already sniped.

Recapping?

Again this likely comes down again who can 'time' better and even if you assume that you will always be able to recap before timed support could land, the end result is an an entire frontline full of low loyalty villages with tons of lost troops that died through being conquered.

So in the end....You have a frontline with low loyalty, little troops. Depending on incoming support from tribe, that will land on low walls, and again assuming you dont have the resource to pp them to 20. Losses will only increase.

Sniping and recapping is only a strategy that prolongs the inevitable or works against a tribe that has 0 coordination or any thought process really.

Apart from those that I mentioned, you're even more likely to make mistakes when it comes to dodging simply because of the high pressure situation due to having no stacks.

Though while saying that, sniping and recapping is essential. But imo, is a horrible strategy to use in defending a properly done op.

blckdrgn1

See the problem with that is the fact that sniping and recapping can easily been countered. Especially if not taking into the effects of being able to pp walls instantly. Any decent tribe should be able to overcome that.

How?

Lets take sniping, when it comes down to it, it really matters who is better at 'timing' I suppose, though either way its likely that you'll end up inefficiently losing great chunks of your mobile Defense that way due to the inefficiencies of sniping (large D troops dying on 0 wall), especially if antisnipes are sent from close range after you've already sniped.

Recapping?

Again this likely comes down again who can 'time' better and even if you assume that you will always be able to recap before timed support could land, the end result is an an entire frontline full of low loyalty villages with tons of lost troops that died through being conquered.

So in the end....You have a frontline with low loyalty, little troops. Depending on incoming support from tribe, that will land on low walls, and again assuming you dont have the resource to pp them to 20. Losses will only increase.

Sniping and recapping is only a strategy that prolongs the inevitable or works against a tribe that has 0 coordination or any thought process really.

Apart from those that I mentioned, you're even more likely to make mistakes when it comes to dodging simply because of the high pressure situation due to having no stacks.

Though while saying that, sniping and recapping is essential. But imo, is a horrible strategy to use in defending a properly done op.

Getting a little carried away with the theory crafting haha. In my experience most "op's" are big wave ops, where theres one coordinated landing time with trains hitting there then a short range follow up period after the landing time. Most of the long range trains will be sniped by your tribe or yourself, the short range stuff that comes after has to be defended with local troops by sniping/recapping to stop the follow up effort when they are eventually forced to fire from farther away because your snipes/recaps killed their short range troops. Most tribes fail to do the follow up part properly.

However, if the operation is not a big wave and its a sustained effort that lasts days or weeks, sniping/recapping wont stop the onslaught, only 2 things will stop it - big support troops coming in, or a counter offensive push.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 10618707

Eh not theory crafting. I did preface the entire post with tribes being 'decent' aka being able to have an effective follow up.

And without stacks. You're probably not going to survive 100 short range trains landing in 3 hours. Lul

In reality, ops aren't ideal as i made it seem above, but just a simple example used to show how much more stressful is that type of strategy, and thus increased likelihood of screwing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

blckdrgn1

Lol if you have 100 villages within 6 fields of the enemy you've got some positioning problems but don't get me wrong. I am not saying you shouldn't prestack the frontline, especially if you were that exposed. But as we all find, you can't prestack every village near the enemy.

Deleted User - 10618707

Ofc its virtually impossible to stack everything properly, but the post was more in reference to people having an overdependence on snipe/recapping, as the go to method of defending.