X-mas break in a new world grrr

DeletedUser

Is it just me or is a x-mas break on a new world a bother?
In my limited experiance playing this game the most important thing when starting out is getting a faster start than your neibours.
As I just started this world & can't farm for 3 days (ho hum) growth will be limited compared to all the happy folks in the core :icon_eek:
Basically their 3 day head start has turned into a 6 day head start :icon_rolleyes:
So to surmise while a break on older worlds is most welcome, on a new one it can only be described as sabotoge :icon_neutral:
Comments welcome as well as any flaming lol nothing else to do in the interm except build 12 spears a day YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

I think that they should have it on other worlds. but not the ones what have just opened.

I believe it ruins the game style of some at this stage. Especially on world 45. where the resources are real lown, we need to farm to keep our troop population up real high.

DeletedUser

Not a big deal in a .5 speed world. Most will regenerate 2300 resources during the break.. Get back to farming after it's over. :)

DeletedUser

In my limited experiance playing this game the most important thing when starting out is getting a faster start than your neibours.
As I just started this world & can't farm for 3 days (ho hum) growth will be limited compared to all the happy folks in the core :icon_eek:
Basically their 3 day head start has turned into a 6 day head start :icon_rolleyes:
So to surmise while a break on older worlds is most welcome, on a new one it can only be described as sabotoge :icon_neutral:
Comments welcome as well as any flaming lol nothing else to do in the interm except build 12 spears a day YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you joined up this world there's a message on tribalwars.net saying:

Dec 13,2009 04:40

2009 attack break information

Which you can click on. If - indeed - you decided to join today it's remarkable that you should have let yourself inform a bit better.

DeletedUser

Not a big deal in a .5 speed world. Most will regenerate 2300 resources during the break.. Get back to farming after it's over. :)

:lol:

most but you see some of us in the top 100's will get roughly 4x that much in the 3 days from just mine output only. :icon_wink:

@AceMeist0rr is correct. I started 2 and half days later to people who started when the world opened.
Yet im now in the top 40... (ego!!!)

DeletedUser

:lol:

most but you see some of us in the top 100's will get roughly 4x that much in the 3 days from just mine output only. :icon_wink:

@AceMeist0rr is correct. I started 2 and half days later to people who started when the world opened.
Yet im now in the top 40... (ego!!!)

Theres my point playres starting sooner will have a advantages growth spurt :icon_surprised:
& ye ace I should have paid more attention thanks for pointing that out :p
In my haste to get going on a new world at this speed (suits a busy scedule)
I missed it :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

I started later 2 and a half days late yet ive pretty much outgrown people who started 2 and a half days earlier than me...

Its down to pretty much what strategy you used, how your doing with your farms as well as keeping in mind the attack breaks coming up and putting that into the equation. :icon_wink:

Soon top 20 ill be there and join the other 2 noob pointwhores in ego!!!

DeletedUser

I think that they should have it on other worlds. but not the ones what have just opened.

I believe it ruins the game style of some at this stage. Especially on world 45. where the resources are real lown, we need to farm to keep our troop population up real high.

Oh be quiet. Ruins the game? Hardly, if anything it requires more strategic thinking. You knew about this attack break before the world opened. You knew of the world settings. It's obvious you're not going to follow the same pattern you did on your last world.

Every player I have spoken to seems to be in a hiss about the break. But what is that bad about it? Most of you farmed your village dry within your 7x7 / 9x9 ? This break is placing everyone back on the same playing field. Those who build nothing but farm upgrades and keep their Rax or/and stable queues going will benefit when the break ends. It's as simple as that.

DeletedUser

You are forgetting one very important point. Yes, resource camps gather resources very slowly. However, buildings and troops are also built very slowly. The two cancel each other out and are in the same ratio as any other world that has ever existed.

So on this world resource buildings are not underpowered, it is farming that is overpowered. Everything else is exactly the same.

DeletedUser

it sucks for W45 as the world is slow.
W44 I just started on again and it has taken 24 hours to be pretty much at lc.
It depends on the world settings.

DeletedUser

I hate X-mas now. I had my troops march 3 hours to find someone not under beginner protection only to learn TW celebrates Christmas.

This is a huge blow to the Jews. :icon_evil:

wolfthegreat

I started later 2 and a half days late yet ive pretty much outgrown people who started 2 and a half days earlier than me...

Its down to pretty much what strategy you used, how your doing with your farms as well as keeping in mind the attack breaks coming up and putting that into the equation. :icon_wink:

Soon top 20 ill be there and join the other 2 noob pointwhores in ego!!!

Joey wait for me I will be hitting top 20 when noble comes or so I believe. Anyway are you under another name? Cannot find you...

DeletedUser

yeah i think the break is tribal wars team saying go outside and enjoy RL

Keenakid

i think xmas break should be in everyworld... it dont matter how "new" the world is, everyone still has family and most ppl will be spending time with them.. if there was no xmas break, it would just let the loners and low lifes get ahead of everyone else cuz they got nothing better to do than sit on TW over xmas... (or they dont believe in any holiday goin on around this time) but its kinda hard to say you dont believe in a new year :p

DeletedUser

Oh woe is me im a loner and a lowlife with no families or friends yet i go to work and go out clubbing and sleep and with no sitter im in the top 50's... :/
oh woe is me and my ego!!! has been hurt badly... :/
there aint no such thing as santa or xmas im an athiest and a realist.
Can santa really deliver billions of presents within 24 hours¿

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Between the attack breaks, the slow server speed, and the slow true unit speed, that is exactly why I decided not to join this world.