XVI v. [V]

DeletedUser

Right, I can't bring myself to comment on this one on a point-by-point basis. I'll do generals. In general, you are picking on points not the overall picture, which is why I loath point-by-point breakdown. I'm not saying you didn't make some valid points, but they were completely off the point/s I was trying to get across.

I suppose it'd help to state the only arguments I was trying to make so we don't drift around:

1) XVI hasn't picked up its pace considerably, particularly when factoring in that they currently aren't having to defend.
2) [V]'s performance in the war over the past month isn't really applicable, as they haven't been involved in it.

This was all my initial post was on, and this is branching far away from it. Your assessment looks like it assumes [V] aren't going to start fighting back at some point.

-I don't disregard net growth in the slightest. Did you see me posting that it was my opinion [V] should be running internals? No. You don't need to point out whats wrong with doing so, I know the ups and downs. My post was to point out your assumption (or at least what certainly sounded like an assumption) that [V] was performing poorly in the war was not really applicable, as they were not so much as attempting for a time. I was not defending [V]s decision to run internals at this time - not my argument.

-I don't see how you are making claims covering the war as strong as the ones you are viewing such a tiny (looking at the overall time-frame of the war) segment of it - particularly your opinion of increased XVI performance.

So, to draw a conclusion such as yours seems inappropriate.

Now, have XVI had a better couple weeks in terms of net growth? Yes. In general? Probably. But, to state its a turning point...well...I don't buy it. I can see the assessment if [V]s focus had been the war at the time, but not without.

-Ex-[V] barbs, almost exclusively, are being conquered. So yes, I feel like I can attribute this to internals - something along the line of 80%. Factor in that the majority of the small players hit are as a result of these players attempting to take advantage of these same internals and you get the picture. Suffice to say it is more than fair to consider internals the predominant priority.

-If the stats you're drawing your conclusions off of remain that impressive over more than a 48 hour period (say, two weeks at least) I will consider your assessment, but seeing a notable increase in nobling over a 48 hour period is nothing. Two players launching an op could account for that - hardly a "turning point". I suppose I'm calling your assessment premature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) I already asserted that they are, considering the 33 village lead in the past 48 hours. You just say that they haven't, because you've "seen them do better". Well, I'm sorry if I see a 63 village lead in one week turn into 33 villages in 48 hours, and don't say there's been an increase in pace that is likely to increase further :icon_wink:.
2) They were too busy internalling, to they haven't been involved in it. So because [V] has no idea how to war, they should be let off the hook? I'll keep that in mind next time I go to war. "I wasn't trying, so you guys can't apply us losing to anything until we do!". Come on, that's ridiculous and you know it.

In your first paragraph, you say what 2) said once more, and say that [V] internalling wasn't something that you liked. But I'm arguing against your tribe, not you, and therefore if you're going to argue points about how [V]'s performance isn't applicable, then say that you don't agree with what is being done to make it "un-applicable"...well, you're not providing a debate that's at all winnable on your end.

You then bring up that my opinion of increased performance is irrelevant because [V] isn't trying. The mere fact that [V] has shifted their focus at all shows that this is a turning point. When [V] has huge inactivity, decides to focus on internals, doesn't fight back against XVI or hold their villages (33 net losses in 48 hours is bad for any tribe, be they attacking back or not), etc., only proves that this it is a valid assumption to say that this could be the turning point.

As I said, my assessment obviously relies on the future of these movements by XVI. But as I said, [V] nobling inactives and barbs as opposed to XVI, having trouble defending, having large inactivity problems, etc...what I'm in essence arguing is the fact that this probably will be the point at which XVI begins a streak.

I just went through 20+ random barbarians, all in different Ks and nobled at random points in the last 7 days. Turns out about 3 were from [V]. Good thing I don't trust your word blindly, eh n3m :icon_wink:?

DeletedUser

Omg, cba reading all that but No, We are not trying to hide our inactivity issues, incase you didnt notice alot of our players and leaders who quit posted on these very public forums. Not all of our inactives have but quite a few of them did, Its pretty obvious were going through a rough patch at the moment but this will pass. We are not trying to hide anything, But considering how blatently obvious it is of which accounts are inactive and how many of our accounts are inactive, So much choice and yet the stats arent exactly mind blowing.

DeletedUser

We're all noisy when XVI have a little lead in the stats, but you guys will go quiet again when the issues have been "solved".. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

What issues would they be? Sending support to Wuke? Because I can definitely see how detrimental that can be to gaining a lead on XVI.

DeletedUser

*yawn*

So glad I deleted my account.

I think this has been officially the single most boring 'war' world 36 has ever seen, possibly the whole of TW.

LOL Moe honey, if you quit and are so bored then why do you still post and pay attention?

@ XVI, great job at turning the tide and making it a war. As a former member of (V), XVI was plagued with inactivity also but that didn't stop us from running our mouths when we had the huge op in the beginning. (V) losing myself, a few others (Joshii, Elise) and most of all Avalanche and Oldman have destroyed morale in the once proud (V). You guys need to step it up and get organized, internals are one thing but you guys should be able to fight back like we used to because those stats are a joke. For the longest time we were mad that XVI was never posting and would never argue back. All they're doing is giving us some treatment that we gave them for a long time. I don't know who is leading ops over there now but they need to take their head out of their ass and get this tribe rolling because (V) has been getting pummeled for over a month now. Every tribe is faced with inactivity at one point, XVI never made excuses and I don't expect you guys to either. Get it together guys.

DeletedUser

For the record, I'm not in XVI. So XVI isn't even coming on to give you some of your own medicine, [V]. It's just an innocent bystander of the war who has to do it for them :lol:.

DeletedUser

It is my opinion that [ v ] are sitting pretty and need take no action. XVI will run out of steam, and lapse back into inactivity as long as [ v ] just turn a blind eye to the inconvienience of losing a few vills at the fringes.

yep, thats what they should do.

DeletedUser

It is my opinion that [ v ] are sitting pretty and need take no action. XVI will run out of steam, and lapse back into inactivity as long as [ v ] just turn a blind eye to the inconvienience of losing a few vills at the fringes.

You're telling me that the rise in bloodlust from victory will make it so that XVI goes inactive again? Perhaps if [V] starts improving on the defensive, it might perhaps be true. But if they don't stem the losses, the usual course of events is:

1) XVI gains activity while [V] loses it.
2) [V] makes a comeback.
3) If #2 doesn't occur, dissenters appear in [V].
4) Some dissenters leave, and others join XVI.

That's the typical chain of events that I've seen from watching all the .net worlds and their wars. There's minor variations, but not many.

bluedragon4

lol, so your saying [V] doesnt need to change anything at all, even though they are losing 20 vills a day :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Because I am female. Sticking my nose in is what I do best ;)
i always loved ur nose lol, miss u
and yes it's a really boring war i feel i am nobeling barbarian villages:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Hmm, well, speaking for myself and not my tribe, I've always been a big XVI fan. They were the only tribe at the time, to go against the trend - which at the time was, "who can kiss active's ass the most".

That and I think most know I've never really been a big acti(v)e fan to begin with :D; how they war etc... (despite my tribes diplomacy - current day).

Wish you boys the best of luck, you were one of the few tribes in this world that played this game right ^^

DeletedUser

@ XVI

yes sir power is right. You gave [V] a pretty good competition, especially to me. You have always been a good enemy but a good friend at the same time. You guys never made excuses about whos' quitting etc. but you still fight..

@ [V]

seeing most of the good/great members (excluding me) go really lose motivation to play. And seeing my old account losing villages everyday is really a pain in the a**. But I know you can do it guys. Just keep yourself together and you can do better than what everyone is expecting.

DeletedUser

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: XVI
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: [V]
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 137
Side 2: 59
Difference: 78

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,328,326
Side 2: 517,926
Difference: 810,400

chart
[/spoil]

XVI doesn't appear to be letting up, or slowing down.

XVI had a weekly gain of 265 villages (the second largest of any tribe).
[V] had a weekly gain of 37 villages (the lowest of the top 4 tribes).

XVI is in the lead, as you can see, by quite a large amount.

In the past two weeks or so, XVI has gained 2 members total.
In the past two weeks or so, [V] has gained 2 as well.

[V] had a fairly large gain and then a drop in points and villages:

[spoil]Date Tribe Rank Members Points Villages OD ODA ODD
19/05/2010 [V] 2 =65 -182,664,733 -18,669 +1,638,876,092 +1,087,803,662 +551,072,430
18/05/2010 [V] 2 =65 +182,686,712 +18,672 +1,635,431,321 +1,086,344,599 +549,086,722
17/05/2010 [V] 2 =65 +182,599,191 +18,665 +1,631,258,855 +1,084,344,116 +546,914,739[/spoil]

XVI has only gains in that same timescale:

[spoil]Date Tribe Rank Members Points Villages OD ODA ODD
19/05/2010 XVI 3 =41 +105,107,009 +10,975 +892,488,603 +540,200,732 +352,287,871
18/05/2010 XVI 3 =41 +104,714,503 +10,926 +888,185,157 +538,256,790 +349,928,367
17/05/2010 XVI 3 -41 +104,381,711 -10,883 -881,894,167 -536,635,896 +345,258,271[/spoil]

XVi has a 9.75% inactivity rate (lowest of the top 4).
[V] has a 43% inactivity rate (largest of the top 4).

[V] is going to have some rough times ahead, it seems. Rougher than now, that is.

DeletedUser

Wow i knew we were inactive but didnt realise by 43% :O

Yeah rough times ahead but i am positive we will prevail, Just takes time to battle these problems :)

Props to xvi for not letting up on the pressure.

DeletedUser

When two tribes (XVI and LFAH) act as closely as they do growth in one tribe causing loss in the other doesn't really show anything at all. For all intents and purposes when looking at the war you're just manipulating stats to look pretty.

XVI simply took into its fold people who were actively fighting alongside them and formally recognised their standing. XVI didn't gain any converts to their (our) cause, thus its not real growth.