xxstealthyxx Office!

• Thread starter DeletedUser84793
  • Start date

DeletedUser

What people did in previous worlds is of no real consequence to me. I've also won multiple worlds, a few of which have been by means that I disagree with personally. Part of being a good tribemate is adapting to a tribal atmosphere and leadership even if the tribe itself does not perfectly align with your philosophy. I know this is the case with players within STD.

I'm not here to try a different style of play, I'm just doing what I do usually for the most part asides from no diplomacy. I'm fine with people merging and such to keep activity within the tribe. I don't have an infinite number of players available. I'm not particularly elitist on coplayers or barb nobling and the like either. Really what a lot of this seems to stem from is that you do not understand where STD stands.

Last edited by a moderator:

kekua

What people did in previous worlds is of no real consequence to me. I've also won multiple worlds, a few of which have been by means that I disagree with personally. Part of being a good tribemate is adapting to a tribal atmosphere and leadership even if the tribe itself does not perfectly align with your philosophy. I know this is the case with players within STD.

I'm not here to try a different style of play, I'm just doing what I do usually for the most part asides from no diplomacy. I'm fine with people merging and such to keep activity within the tribe. I don't have an infinite number of players available. I'm not particularly elitist on coplayers or barb nobling and the like either. Really what a lot of this seems to stem from is that you do not understand where STD stands.

Your conclusion really don't result from your premises, how ever what is clear is that STD PR is better then goals set out, all in all STD is just another tribe out there doing the same old tactics - nothing interesting (aside from no diplomacy thing, I actually like that one).

To be honest, not that it matter, I'm a bit disappointed, as I actually did think STD are trying to find a new approach, but from your answer it seams that you are not even trying that, just doing your own thing, that doesn't differ from anyone else thing.

And the world winning thing is really nothing to be particularly proud of in general, well at least for me, this game have very badly developed there end game experience, mostly it is limbo of same actions over and over again, and by the time worlds end most of the good players are long gone already, and world is left with huge accounts run by none or run by players who just have nothing better to do. All best wars and changes are gone already, so all in all end game is just not fun (for me).

About tribe leading, well there are a lot of good leaders out, that have run world wining tribes, but it was not the leader who brought his tribe there, and thinking that is delusional, what does bring his tribe towards the end game is his crew and how well they play together. The question really is not about how good you are, as clearly that is not a question (at least for me), but rather how good is your crew, and there is no whey of telling that as most figures we don't even see.

Well at this point all I can do is wish you luck, and maybe this time end game will be more fun for me. :)

DeletedUser116463

well at least for me, this game have very badly developed there end game experience,

.........hugging and backstabbing.Yeah im with you.

maybe this time end game will be more fun for me.

I doubt it, See previous quote.

that have run world wining tribes, but it was not the leader who brought his tribe there, and thinking that is delusional

Statement above is professionally (rl) naive.

EDIT: You talk too much.

kekua

.........hugging and backstabbing.Yeah im with you.

I doubt it, See previous quote.

Statement above is professionally (rl) naive.

EDIT: You talk too much.

So you think leaders pull off everything? That with bad crew and no help tribes can win any how? Well if there is no good leader nothing will work, look at Kapo for example, but it go vice versa too, no matter how good is the leader, if he has no team that can keep up with him, he will just burn out eventually, maybe not in peace time, but first decent size war and he will just burn out.

I bet Nemesis has a decent sized crew working under him and I know Dreaded has, or am I being naive? (If so could you expand where I'm wrong, kind of want to know)

DeletedUser

So you think leaders pull off everything? That with bad crew and no help tribes can win any how? Well if there is no good leader nothing will work, look at Kapo for example, but it go vice versa too, no matter how good is the leader, if he has no team that can keep up with him, he will just burn out eventually, maybe not in peace time, but first decent size war and he will just burn out.

I bet Nemesis has a decent sized crew working under him and I know Dreaded has, or am I being naive? (If so could you expand where I'm wrong, kind of want to know)

Completely agree, and same thing in RL with all large companies, Directors Direct, managers manage.

Directors (or Duke in TW) will put everything in place, and when starting (as will all starting companies) will Micro manage.

Once tribe gets to a certain size the Director will hire managers, and put in places policies.

In TW this can been seen as Duke, promoting players to be Barons giving them particular jobs (recruitment, diplomacy, attack / support planner etc etc) whilst they follow guidelines set by Duke.
This allows the Duke to oversee everything, whilst hopefully not having to do anything (well not much), but can step in and lend assistance / edit anything in place.

This allows the duke to keep guiding the tribe forward, whilst not getting caught up in the most basic support / offensive operations.

This is how i got my UK2 tribe to rank 2 and held ODA and ODD for 2 months before you get that RL issues forcing people to quit.

Of course this is just one way to run a tribe / business.

DeletedUser119194

Honestly no, He does it all 100% himself

kekua

Then we can make bets when his lights on RL or in TW will go off, because to maintain this kind of pressure for a long period of time is not an easy task, I would even say an impossible one.

DeletedUser117183

Then we can make bets when his lights on RL or in TW will go off, because to maintain this kind of pressure for a long period of time is not an easy task, I would even say an impossible one.

Thats why lots of leaders are lower in points compared to many of their members as they spend so much time planning or sitting as im sure nemesis has been doing here.

oheinen66

Pretty much from what I've heard.

What a lot of the good leaders do is push their team to perform at their best and foster that teamwork, so where people see a decent enough tribe, actually minus the key players that made that team work, they are nothing. The best leaders can create good teams out of nothing in my opinion.

DeletedUser

@Kekua - Im not going to address all your points because that would just turn everything into a long ass essay. If you insulted me, like I said, it shows your level of skill and the type of player you are. I'm not judging. I'm merely speculating. If you're a lawyer, you're good at defending but not attacking. Hope you do better in real though. Your communication is still all over the place. I have to sit down and focus to try and understand what you are trying to say and calling you a lackey wasn't an insult. It was simply me saying that, dude, step out of other people's shadow and take decisive action yourself. If you were smart, I would have taken over that tribe and made it better eg. You didn't do that. You followed orders. Which is fine. Some people are just good at following orders.

Addressing your issues with my opinion, well my opinion is just as important as anyone else on these external forums. You said you've "out-grown" this. Then you might as well just entirely stop talking. Tribal Wars External Forums are here to discuss and express opinions. If you are someone who cannot deal with my opinion or other people's opinions, you should stop talking here. Again, all I asked was for you to demonstrate your ability in game. Back up the talk you have on the externals.

In regards to Leading, STD is special for a number of reasons. Like the No Diplomacy Rule. Like how DA manages and maintains everything. Like how everyone in the tribe has to follow what DA has outlined and proposed. DA is here solely for leading. He is good at it. Like everyone said, it will only work if the players in the tribe are just as good. Everyone in STD are mostly world winners. Except me and handful of other players. I believe I'm still a newbie who has to learn a lot. But I believe I'm a fast learning player and I would eventually like to lead like DA does. He does it all on his own. He has expectations from everyone. STD is more like a family. I have yet to find another tribe on TW which has the same environment like STD does. Which is why I know STD is a unique tribe in comparison to all the other ones out there. Which is also why we have a good shot at taking this world. Through means of hard work and pure-hearted tactful leader.

DeletedUser84793

Kekua my office is closed to you...now get OUT!:icon_eek: Get Out You Bum!:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I currently run the tribe as a dictatorship. I have maintained this style for years and won worlds leading this way, so whilst I appreciate the concern, I should survive.

To address the rest of your general point, I am not sure I agree with you. I think what you say applies to above average leaders, but it does not to the best. The best leaders I know can create world winning tribes or contenders out of random players. Their "tribe" does not change much from world to world, because their tribe is not defined by the member base but by the leadership. Of course these leaders aren't winning solo, but that tribe, with the same members, but led by a different person would not win the world. That's how important the best leaders are, they draw out the potential of the members and create synergy in a way that could not be done without that leader.

A way of looking at is, is could your leader make a contender out of another tribe by being there and putting the work in? I remember looking at the Hate. leadership on W32 and thinking, this leadership could make any ragtag bunch look good. I like to think that I can do that to an extent too.

Of course, one can run a tribe as more of a director of several managers. It is not the way I do it.