YAWN! Rank 1

• Thread starter speedygonzalez47
  • Start date

DeletedUser

An audition?

I can sing and dance whilst juggling upside down from an elephant standing on a gym ball.

How do I show it to you? Mail you a video or what?

Did they tell you in the audition that you need to send the video of this to everyone in the tribe before joining.

You can start with sending it to Hidden Agenda

DeletedUser

Please may I join your tribe? I am situated perfectly for your needs (Honestly!).

I'll be the best randomer you ever recruit! A wildcard! A black swan! The Crema del raccolto!

Sacredfool? I thought you were dead!?

DeletedUser

I was only temporarily. :icon_eek: Who are you?

Dibs on how long till storm! regains #1?

Off-topic!

Me? Just a worn out old hag. We had a little scuffle back in W16, ages ago! Which never finished cos you had to leave the world! stalemeate! Later became your friend Socrates's under-study. We ran across each other a few other times..can't remember if you were in Muppets etc.

Back on-topic!
They look pretty even. I think it will honestly come down to who decides to keep playing. I'm not a dibbing person.

DeletedUser

Off-topic!

Me? Just a worn out old hag. We had a little scuffle back in W16, ages ago! Which never finished cos you had to leave the world! stalemeate! Later became your friend Socrates's under-study. We ran across each other a few other times..can't remember if you were in Muppets etc.

So you are one of them GUNs aka MOAR! people. I must say it was pretty hard to guess as you have not adopted their manner on those forums and actually make sense!

I doubt we ran across each other on any world, unless you were on W26.

And a quick correction about W16. I chose rather then had to leave because a startup race with russki and mohua was way more interesting then rebuilding my nukes on a speed 0.75 world. Not very nice of me, but that's the truth. :(

DeletedUser

So you are one of them GUNs aka MOAR! people. I must say it was pretty hard to guess as you have not adopted their manner on those forums and actually make sense!

I doubt we ran across each other on any world, unless you were on W26.

And a quick correction about W16. I chose rather then had to leave because a startup race with russki and mohua was way more interesting then rebuilding my nukes on a speed 0.75 world. Not very nice of me, but that's the truth. :(

GUNs? MOAR! ?

Please, I was never associated with those vagabonds! Parlty because I have a single working brain-cell. I'm well aware of their manner though! I was more of a free agent, before Plight took me in.

And yes, the speed of that world was far too slow, but I was a busy woman, never had any qualms with your decision because I would have loved to play a faster world if RL allowed. =(

Nice to see you still play anyhow. Impressive vill so far! Gl to you.

Sellsword

GUNs? MOAR! ?

Please, I was never associated with those vagabonds! Parlty because I have a single working brain-cell. I'm well aware of their manner though! I was more of a free agent, before Plight took me in.

And yes, the speed of that world was far too slow, but I was a busy woman, never had any qualms with your decision because I would have loved to play a faster world if RL allowed. =(

Nice to see you still play anyhow. Impressive vill so far! Gl to you.

I like your style. Do you drink coffee?

On topic: yeah, how about YAWN!? 9 of their players have nobled, anyone fancy a guess as to how many of those guys are original Yawn?

DeletedUser

On topic: yeah, how about YAWN!? 9 of their players have nobled, anyone fancy a guess as to how many of those guys are original Yawn?

That's because noobs noble without any preparation. :icon_razz: You have a point though, really... some of YAWN! players are not great. Much better then IKEA, but for what was claimed to be a tribe with highest player skill, no good at all. (and that's aimed at the pre-GOTN members)

Only Southern who has a lvl 30 farm and Cherry are on the right tracks. 3PWNStars got himself PWNed akin to Day Time and was forced to noble a barb. Cherry is expanding rapidly but his great ennoblement was made easier by the fact that he knew where his targets troops are (that player rimmed a YAWN! member before he was nobled). The village name BETRAYED suggests YAWN! didn't get his main village in a clean manner.

Other then that, now after the merge YAWN!s farming must be hurting as they are not spread out.

Sellsword

(..) Much better then IKEA, but for what was claimed to be a tribe with highest player skill, no good at all. (and that's aimed at the pre-GOTN members)
(...)

I missed all of the commotion surrounding the start-up of the world, so I didn't see Yawn!'s advertisements. Is there anyone in there who's TW-famous?

As for Yawn! having a higher quality membership list, I doubt that, because IKEA has a lot of guys on the roll who have been succesful in the past on multiple worlds. They're slow to noble, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't pick up the speed again.

Anyway, the number 1 spot is cursed, who would want it before you're geared for it? I'd rather take the top spot once the accounts reach between 75-100k.

DeletedUser

YAWN! did little or no 'advertising' on this world. YAWN! was a last minute premade (from what I know from lurking around the premade forums) set up by Shusaka. He got a few quality players together and they started the world. Afaik, they didn't hype themselves up at all.

Sellsword

YAWN! did little or no 'advertising' on this world. YAWN! was a last minute premade (from what I know from lurking around the premade forums) set up by Shusaka. He got a few quality players together and they started the world. Afaik, they didn't hype themselves up at all.

Then it's not a premade: I can ask some guys to join, and ask them to start NE, but that doesn't make it a pre-made. You just get to cuddle and snuggle with people you already know.

DeletedUser

I missed all of the commotion surrounding the start-up of the world, so I didn't see Yawn!'s advertisements. Is there anyone in there who's TW-famous?

As for Yawn! having a higher quality membership list, I doubt that, because IKEA has a lot of guys on the roll who have been succesful in the past on multiple worlds. They're slow to noble, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't pick up the speed again.

Anyway, the number 1 spot is cursed, who would want it before you're geared for it? I'd rather take the top spot once the accounts reach between 75-100k.

Uhmmmmm..... IKEA are doing terrible for a premade with a member quality that they have. There is a difference between "We don't dominate the Top 20 because we are slow to noble" and "we have noone in the Top 40". There is Day Time but he lost all his army so he doesn't count for a next 1.5 weeks or so. Their members are basically inactive, but because of the mentioned player skill it's not yet that much noticeable unless you have experience with start up.

YAWN! on the other hand are much more active and will soon dominate the Top 20. Doesn't mean they are doing exceptionally good - as I said only Southern and Cherry are actually trying their best - but it means tey are doing better then anyone else. When they had the 25ish member count they were hyped by others by the way, and they did/still do have the highest member quality on W54.

DeletedUser

I said it was a last minute premade; the reason I used those words was because Shusaka started the thread quite near to the start of the world, as compared to other premades that had been recruiting for a while.

Here is the thread.

Sellsword

Thanks for the update guys, saves me going through the early threads to get up to speed.

@sacredfool: members overview

That looks pretty good to me. Plenty of academies being built, all of them are green. I mean, some of the members may not be start-up monsters, and that is definitely something any top tribe would aspire to. But, as Matt already said in his recruitment thread, most of the tribe is about fun. Competitive fun, but it's not such a serious tribe.

So far, I have spotted two minor mistakes by IKEA leadership: HeftySmurf (playing favorites is bad) and tschoumos (or whatever the dude's name was, inactive=boot). Aside from these mishaps, I still think they're doing just fine.

DeletedUser

Tschoumos got cleared I think, which is why he quit/went inactive.

Sellsword

Tschoumos got cleared I think, which is why he quit/went inactive.

Irrelevant. I mean, he went yellow and should have been booted upon creating such a disgraceful color on the members overview. That's one of the tasks leadership should take seriously.

Here's the members overview of YAWN!. I count 20 people who missed a day of activity in the last week, with Sunday seeming to have been an exceptionally inactive day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Irrelevant. I mean, he went yellow and should have been booted upon creating such a disgraceful color on the members overview. That's one of the tasks leadership should take seriously.

Here's the members overview of YAWN!. I count 20 people who missed a day of activity in the last week, with Sunday seeming to have been an exceptionally inactive day.

U sure its Yawn! member list??