Yikes

keee

Looking back on the time i spent playing this game all i can say is.. Victory in TribalWars is nothing more than totally relative to how much time you put in.. There is no skill, skill is a base-point, a knowledge of the few outlets of variety behaviour that this game offers.. How well you do is totally reflective of how much time you're willing to put into coordination, defending/attacking, consistent minting and even in some cases spending money on coins (correct me if i'm wrong i heard this was a new aspect?)..

I remember back when i was playing (and i was never really much good at anything but the games politics), i spent so many hours of my day fiddling with villages, thinking about strategies, regrouping new villages and rebuilding armies.. Until it hit me that i was wasting so much of my time.. On a game of no value. If i wanted to put numbers into boxes for a living i'd become an accountant (which i have to assume most of you are).

Coming back onto the forums for the first time in oh, 6 months the biggest thing to hit me was the size of some of the players..

Zain, Zurtle, Andrew (I address you as you are the only people i seem to remember using the forums reguarly in the top 10).. I really have to ask is it all worth it? You must spend atleast 3-5 hours on this game daily, for what? The 18 month old premonition that conquering this world will all be worth it one day? You are doing well, i must say...

I don't mean this topic as any kind of flame inciting or insult, but i've really come to pity top-end players on Tribal Wars, from all worlds and tribes... What submissive lives you must live to turtle away your days on such a time-eating game..

Discuss:swordsman:

DeletedUser

actually it doesnt take that much time..login, recruit troops, tag incs, send hate mail, spam the tribal forums, snipe and noble..or fake if you want..all this can be done in just about 20 mins..max i spend on TW now is just over 1 hour per-day..but im still hanging on :D

DeletedUser

*Implies that tw people who actually take care of their accounts have damaged or no lives*

-_-

bomberace101

I agree with Kee,

I was playing too much til one day i realised, whats the actual point. Am i going to get a medal? no, Am i going to get some kind of recognition for the hours, days and even months i put into playing, no.

I played a good game, attacked and nobled lots of enemies and avoided barbs mostly, defended and proved to myself i was able to organise my villages enough to stop 95% of the 100+ trains that were sent to me.

It was no surprise that Apoc & Co clocked on i was going to leave for a while which would explain the state of my account now

So yea, once people realise you cant actualy win at TW then you can go back to RL :)

Last edited:

kimiisarian

By your definition...why bother doing anything fun? Why bother going out to a movie? Movies aren't real life.

People who drink at bars or go to clubs must be such loosers. You don't get any accolades for these activities.

Seriously though, I play b/c I want to unwind. Its just a way to take the stress out of life. Sometimes I need a break and switch to some other stress reliever. But what makes tribal wars so easy for me is that I am almost always near a computer and its very easy to take some time and go to the tw website.

Other things I can do take big time slots to organize, unlike tw.

DeletedUser

Seriously though, I play b/c I want to unwind. Its just a way to take the stress out of life. Sometimes I need a break and switch to some other stress reliever. But what makes tribal wars so easy for me is that I am almost always near a computer and its very easy to take some time and go to the tw website.

Agreed totally.
There are alot of children who play the game, myself included who don't play (Not just tw, playing anything) with worries of real life and what you could be doing otherwise, its part of being a kid. Sure, it may be a waste of time, but its a damn good waste of time, one of which i have no regrets. You won't be able to have this kind of freedom to do whatever when you grow up. We don't play for medals, we don't play to be respected in any way, we play because its Fun.

DeletedUser

Looking back on the time i spent playing this game all i can say is.. Victory in TribalWars is nothing more than totally relative to how much time you put in..

Hmm, I believe your wrong. Everybody has a different interpretation where 'victory' is concerned. Sure, the obvious definition of victory would be "last man/tribe standing" however many of us set other targets. Victory for me for example would be 90% + domination of a continent single-handedly.

There is no skill, skill is a base-point, a knowledge of the few outlets of variety behaviour that this game offers.. How well you do is totally reflective of how much time you're willing to put into coordination, defending/attacking, consistent minting

Once again, I believe your wrong. Sniping, sub-second trains (back in the day) and backtiming, are among many things that require skill. Believe it or not, a skill full, offensive player can defeat a player who has a lot of free time. Those with a skill full tongue can also defeat more active players.

and even in some cases spending money on coins (correct me if i'm wrong i heard this was a new aspect?)..

Only in Asia.

(which i have to assume most of you are).

Stereotypical! O: From my personal experience, most players are between 12-21. Then you get the middle aged peeps. I can't tell you why they play though as I don't fall into that category.

You must spend atleast 3-5 hours on this game daily

Personally, I believe little and often are the best ways to go about things. Saying that I haven't really had the time to play recently.

keee

I am not saying I didn't have my fun, but you notice after a while that to do well at this game you must input huge hours of your time. After a while you'll find the game starts playing you in a way. You find that you return on line because you HAVE to, not because you WANT to.. Perhaps it can be both for a while, but anyone who wants to do well will need more hours spent here than most are willing to give..

As for skill, i figure if i can do it anyone can, i could halfass snipe trains or even renoble seconds afterwards before support, the key comes back to how much resources you have to spare; eg How much time have you spent farming for extra resources so you can afford to lose the troops?

From memory Zurtle and Zain were older players? Andrew (from experience) is probably aged 12-14 :D.. I'm just wondering what kind've lives they must live / if they're enjoying it.. I think Bella is an accountant (don't eat if wrong), so theres a stereotype for you.

DeletedUser88101

Once again, I believe your wrong. Sniping, sub-second trains (back in the day) and backtiming, are among many things that require skill. Believe it or not, a skill full, offensive player can defeat a player who has a lot of free time.

No skill involved at all, read a guide and do as it says. Given the same browser and internet connection every player can preform equal in these tasks with proper instructions.
Those things are simply knowladge of the game mechanics and how to adept them in your favor.

A player with a lot of free time who plays 5-6 hours a day and has equal information about these things will easily beat a player that has played for longer and is considert more "skillfull" by some but only logs in an hour a day.

Those with a skill full tongue can also defeat more active players.
have to agree with this part, the only part of tw where skill is involved

DeletedUser

If you have a few worlds you have more time if in highschool I would think that you would only be able to spend 5 hours with a job it would likely be the same so if you spend an hour a day you should be fine it all depends on time managment as well as target selection in my opinion if you are bad at the start you will likely be bad latter on. Most players here are likely not in highschool I would assume. the trick to winning is to avoid new worlds

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow talk about necromancing a thread :icon_wink:

I think this topic is of renewed interest. World 12 is ending, DNY owns 94% of the world and will be announced as winners (probably over 94% by now but meh). So there IS a goal to TW, it is winning. I don't know much about other worlds (or anything at all), but I think W18 is close. By today's data from twstats, Apoc-BA own 81% of the player-owned villages left.

DeletedUser

I wonder if tw will accept an alliance we have about 287 players before an anouncement should be made.

DeletedUser43619

Totally agree with Keee, I quit early on since all of a sudden I realized that it is absolutely becoming a waste of time doing things repetitively

TW awards diligence rather than intelligence

so the more time you spend the better you execute things

Again no intention to insult any one or to discourage anyone however do you think the time spent on tw in the last 2 years was worth it ?

DeletedUser

Its most easy to make such a case keee because much of what u say is the truth. Of course i quit and I'm happy I did. I believe I can give you a reason to play this game or in fact any game. All games of any type take: Time, repeated skills, some sort of social interaction, a certain type of skill, actual dedication and focus. So though you use the truth to make your point that its repetive and theres no real winner....I dunno the cream seems to rise to the top if you ask me i'll just go ahead and disagree with you.

People play those games too: pass time, compete, for social enjoyment, to meet people with similar interest.

I have played several games and I can think of few things that bring out people I just enjoy than this game. Though I'm glad I'm done playing it and eventually it does seem redundant, That makes me no less glad that I met so many people that I think I genuinely like. I'm not a cool person in general and I get the feeling perhaps some of the people are the great leaders have a charisma that comes out, the great players have a tenacity and a quick ability to figure out things, most all players are people who have fairly nimble minds and a desire to solve and handle problems quickly, some people are cocky which kinda makes me laugh but also makes me wanna impress them. People are passionate about things.

Its a good game which brings out the best and the worst in people. I found people I believe in and feel I could trust and vice a versa. Its also good to find your own ending. I like so many of the people I met I could never feel bad about having played, but...I will never play again I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again no intention to insult any one or to discourage anyone however do you think the time spent on tw in the last 2 years was worth it ?

Yes. Its a game, and it was fun, so I believe that fulfills the requirements I have to make it worth the time I have spent.