You Shouldn't Miss This! Classified Information Revealed!

DeletedUser

TOP SECRET INFORMATION REGARDING PHOENX

Well, did that get your attention?

Did you know the same events involving Phoenx have occurred again and again over the past three years? It's like some crazy pattern!

In the first of a series of postings, I promise to reveal the inner workings of Phoenx, proving things you always suspected about them and blowing your mind with details you never thought possible!

This chapter is entitled:

"Picking a Fight with Phoenx."
Or, "Big Trouble in Little Phoenx"

In this segment, I will show how the "War" part of "TribalWars" comes around to bother Phoenx. You see, it is a little-known fact outside of the tribe that Phoenx really tries to run from wars! For all their bragging about "never having lost a war" and "pound-for-pound, the best tribe on W30," Phoenx actually is comprised of a group of pacifists who would much prefer to simply noble barbarians and internals so they can watch their point levels grow.

Unfortunately for these tree-hugging folk, numerous #1 ranked big bad bully tribes or massive alliances keep picking fights with them! Tribes like .Die/.Kill, BD (with the overwhelming nuke assistance of their big brother, THE), RAM; and the tribe currently smack dab in the cycle of events, BH/BH.

Watch as I break down how a war with Phoenx goes down, play-by-play style.

The Beginning.

1) While peacefully staging a "clean-up operation" on some local players from another tribe that recently went inactive, Phoenx gets attacked when a much larger tribe or coalition of tribes - from now on we'll call them the "ENEMY" - launches the first nukes.

2) Phoenx's knees buckle under the onslaught - ODD goes through the roof, the ENEMY takes a bunch of villas quickly, the stats all slant in favor of the ENEMY. (This and other direct war-related observations may not apply to the tribes .Die and .Kill, as from what I remember they were just flat out terrible in general. They may have declared and launched first, but I can't recall if they actually ever did anything but lose villas and whine on PnP.)

3) The ENEMY posts stats on the forums showing "the quick demise of Phoenx." Their comments range from "they aren't as good as they think they are" to "I was hoping for a better battle from the vaunted Phoenx!" to "see what happens when you face a real tribe?" Paj throws around the phrases "calculated losses" and "we only have X players and Y villas against your (insert much larger number here) players and (insert much larger number here) villas."

Ongoing unseen events during this period:

Paj goes to work on his own tribe, keeping morale up and organizing defenses and ops.
Paj hits Skype 24/7, reaching out to improve alliances, check loyalty of other players, and to gain intel.
Players from ENEMY covertly seek to talk to Phoenx.
Retired players from W30 or other worlds begin to show up in Phoenx's Skype Chatroom.
Phoenx continues to noble an ex-ENEMY, now mostly dead tribe.
Raven hops accounts from side to side or from player to player.

The Middle.

4) Phoenx recovers and digs in. The ENEMY's gains slow down to a trickle. Phoenx settles down for a long war, stabilizing their front while maintaining or increasing growth in other areas.

5) The forum postings of the ENEMY switch to "no one ever said it was going to be easy" and "we predicted a long fight" and "stats don't really matter." Paj dusts off "we're coming for you" and "watch what happens now that we've got it turned around."

6) The ENEMY starts to lose players to Phoenx attacks, inactivity, and internal dissension. Some booting of players or change in leadership may occur within the ENEMY. The war caps start to balance, or even tip into Phoenx's favor, often after a large deficit to start the war.

7) The ENEMY's PnP presence starts to become aggressive - personal insults fly, accusations of cheating and underhanded tactics run rampant. PnP degenerates into an circular argument regarding what tribes are helping who, who actually is responsible for what, and how "stats lie."

Paj ditches the chatroom, preferring to talk in one-on-one chats so as not to get overwhelmed or give out too much information.
More of the ENEMY players start to email Phoenx players on a regular basis.
Retired players from W30 or other worlds begin to show up as Phoenx co-players or pilots.
Several tickets are turned in against Phoenx, as many are assuming they must be cheating.
Raven settles into one place, but sits six or seven accounts on both sides of the war.

The End.

8) The ENEMY is hemorrhaging players and villas. Phoenx is gaining ground at an exponential pace. The ENEMY's member list shows too many "yellows" and "reds" of players who lost interest, lost focus, or lost hope in the outcome. Leadership may "take a powder."

9) You start to see things like "you aren't winning, we're losing" and "if X, this would be going differently" (for X insert some variation of: "Leader was still playing," "you didn't get all that help from [allied or sympathetic tribe, or usually a tribe fighting ENEMY for their own gain]," "you had a job/life/girlfriend," or "we didn't have players have some real life issues that took us away") posted by the ENEMY. Paj pops up (after being mostly absent from the forums from the late Middle to early End period) with "it was just a matter of time" and replying to personal insults to his "honor" with personal attacks against the poster.

Paj returns to Skype room regularly to coordinate "clean-up" operations.
Enemy players begin to email Phoenx about recruitment.
Retired players from W30 or other worlds begin to fade back into the darkness.
Raven leaves the one account, peering out at Phoenx from openly opposing players or non-allied tribes.

The Aftermath.

10) The ENEMY falls completely apart. There are some players in the ENEMY slogging on, launching nukes and re-cap attempts, but most have gone dark. Three to seven players in the ENEMY join Phoenx.

11) Former ENEMY players take to the forum and re-write what happened in a light most flattering to the ENEMY; or, more often, just to be nasty to Phoenx. Potential Hostile Players ("HOSTILE") dig out the old "mass-recruiters!" card, sparking a debate among Phoenix and HOSTILE with both sides posting "Tribal Changes" information from TW Stats. A large argument ensues, never to be resolved, centering around how many recruits are acceptable and how many turn the tribe into a "mass-recruiter."

12) A bunch of ENEMY accounts - some live, some sat, some available for transfer - join HOSTILE.

13) Forums explode regarding HOSTILE's actions, then go quiet except for the occasional spam/spice-it-up thread.

14) Phoenx continues cleanup of ENEMY.

15) Forums begin to beat the war drums, as HOSTILE and Phoenx players begin to bicker back and forth regarding territory, noble targets in ENEMY, gifted villas, and refugees. Eventually the dispute rises to tribal level, as phrases like "Paj's arrogance" and "treated less like an ally and more like a lacky" are posted. Paj begins his "wall of text" rebuttal posts.

16) HOSTILE begins to constitute the majority of their tribe, and tribe secretly becomes ENEMY. ENEMY starts moving defense to the front.

Ongoing events during this period:

Paj warns tribe that HOSTILE players are influencing their tribe to prepare for battle against Phoenx.
Paj spends more time on Skype arguing with HOSTILE than talking with his own players.
Different retired players rotate into co-player or pilot roles.
Raven, like an animal sensing an approaching hurricane, takes a short break to charge up on sleep.

It's amazing how the same events have been reoccurring for over three years. Poor, peaceful Phoenx trapped in wars of someone else's making. Somehow they soldier on, just hoping for the days when the incomings stop and there is no more red on the map. **Bonus points will be given for those who can guess where BH/BH. fits in the timeline!**

See, folks! That's the type of top secret, never-before-seen information that you can expect in the coming months as W30 grinds towards it's conclusion.

Sources:

Threads:

.Kill v. Phoenx Thread
.Die v. Phoenx Thread
BD v. Phoenx Thread
CRY v. TWC Thread
RAM v. Phoenx Thread (and related volumes)
Phoenx Lame War Declaration Thread
Official Phoenx Statement Thread
BH v. Phoenx Thread
LoEN v. BH Thread
=HG= Thread
What Happened Thread
Best Players in W30 Thread
Top 20 Tribes Thread
Raven's Poetry Thread
"Goodbye" Threads (numerous)

Skype Chatrooms:

T-W-C Chatroom
RAM Chatroom
Phoenx Chatroom
Phoenx/BH Chatroom
W30 Chatroom

Individual Skype Chats

Pajuno
RavenJ
CShipley
Crasula
FrasierYeah
BullMastiff
Orclord251
Gicusan
KarmaX
Noobaxes
Rethae
McMellow
Bronse
JPohlman
Sir Mike Fisher
BigBrt

*Your author would also like to credit common sense, an ability to read, and the power of observation.

Copyright 2012, Cy-Pres Sports and Entertainment, Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In other words the enemy does a first strike and than goes to sleep in the face of resistance.
But you have to trow all that scenario because the last enemy has some fighters inside.

DeletedUser

An excellent post and from what I remember from past wars accurate, history does have an uncanny way of repreating itself but also lessons are learned from history that can prevent some issues re-occuring. I can say first hand though that the are some massive fundimenal differances between the RAM of then and the BH of now and it is my firm belief that these coupled with a blueprint for how it can go very wrong (and therefore how to avoid doing so) that will make this war like no other that has gone before it.

The war itself has not really started, its more like a mad scramble over inactive HG accounts at the moment rather than either side directly squaring up to each other in the area I am in, this may not be the case further west... I dont know. I tend to concentrate on whats going on around me rather than in other areas.

EDS

DeletedUser

I would generally agree with the above. I would say we caught Paj pants down early on cause the ODD was not going up at all. :icon_biggrin:

The only part that is missing, again, is the part where Pajuno makes sure with has other tribes involved and forms a coaltion against bigger enemies (in points).

DeletedUser79042

Paj is actually raven and vice versa. You missed that part CY :)

DeletedUser

you didn't reveal pajuno's real identity "chuck norris" shame on you!

DeletedUser

In other words the enemy does a first strike and than goes to sleep in the face of resistance.
But you have to trow all that scenario because the last enemy has some fighters inside.

That may be the problem. BH/BH. has some fighters inside. I don't think Phoenx has an account that isn't stacked with a blood-thirsty barbarian (or group of barbarians) that rarely waver in their shared goals.

The war itself has not really started, its more like a mad scramble over inactive HG accounts at the moment rather than either side directly squaring up to each other in the area I am in, this may not be the case further west... I dont know. I tend to concentrate on whats going on around me rather than in other areas.

EDS

I'm putting EDS down for a guess of "late Beginning, early Middle.

The only part that is missing, again, is the part where Pajuno makes sure with has other tribes involved and forms a coaltion against bigger enemies (in points).

Noob, see "Unseen events" after Beginning, Point 7, and Point 9.

Paj is actually raven and vice versa. You missed that part CY :)

R2, did you notice in the "Unseen Events" that Raven and Paj rarely are seen doing the same thing? Paj's public activity goes up, Raven gets more mysterious.

you didn't reveal pajuno's real identity "chuck norris" shame on you!

Nah, he's more like the Iron Chef. Give him the right ingredients for a wonderful meal, and get out of his way.

DeletedUser79042

R2, did you notice in the "Unseen Events" that Raven and Paj rarely are seen doing the same thing? Paj's public activity goes up, Raven gets more mysterious.

I did. I was being blunt about it. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser79042

Btw, that was an A B S O L U T E L Y A M A Z I N G post CY!!

When I cross the ocean, I will certainly ask you for a date :)

MR.MR

Btw, that was an A B S O L U T E L Y A M A Z I N G post CY!!

When I cross the ocean, I will certainly ask you for a date :)

I'm already on this side of the ocean, and I have dibs.

Very excellent, accurate, and amusing post, Lady Cy. Look forward to the future posts you alluded to.

DeletedUser79042

and I have dibs

After all these years you probably should have noticed that I do not pay attention to the noble planner anyway. Besides, CY is not a VILLAGE you fool ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MR.MR

After all these years you probably should have noticed that I do not pay attention to the noble planner anyway. Besides, CY is not a VILLAGE you fool ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, she is not a Village. She is something even scarier than the biggest stacked deathstar with 30 nobles in your deep backlines; she is a lady lawyer :O

DeletedUser

Beautiful post, Cy!

Of course, it's all lies and I deny everything (or at least the sitting 5-6 accounts thing. I try to stick with a max of 4 account, excluding my own. And since you made a minor error there, your whole post must be fundamentally flawed and completely unsubstantiated, right?)

Nah, he's more like the Iron Chef. Give him the right ingredients for a wonderful meal, and get out of his way.

HHahhahahahahhaa..

I think that may fit him better than the "Mouth of the South" epithet.

Paj: Iron Chef of W30.
Cooking up your demise, since 2009.

; )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you forget cy BH has always posted a good bit at start then the pnp ban goes back into effect so putting us in same catgory with ram and other tribes isnt accurate at all

DeletedUser

That may be the problem. BH/BH. has some fighters inside. I don't think Phoenx has an account that isn't stacked with a blood-thirsty barbarian (or group of barbarians) that rarely waver in their shared goals.

I'm putting EDS down for a guess of "late Beginning, early Middle.

Noob, see "Unseen events" after Beginning, Point 7, and Point 9.

CLauses for everything, remind me to call you if I need a good lawyer :icon_wink:

DeletedUser92

*Scratches head* I'm involved in this?

Although to be fair, I'm sure I said some things that fit this pattern, during our first offensive against Phoenx. That was before the war became as complicated as it did, perhaps, but the end result is hard to argue. Interesting timing on the post!

inflrc

**Bonus points will be given for those who can guess where BH/BH. fits in the timeline!**

Another contest!!!, PnP is at last getting interesting, thanks Cy, here is my guess:
They are at the middle of the Middle stage.

DeletedUser

@ BigBird: This was a post for entertainment value only. I was listing generic events that seem to repeat during Phoenx wars - not everything is going to work exactly for every tribe and every war. Besides, Rethae and Noob of BH seem to post often enough. ;)

**On a side note, glad to see you back - hope everything is OK.

@ JPohlman: As I told you on Skype today, your name was mentioned because I know you still read the forums occasionally, and I wanted verification in case someone came on here denying that THE was involved much in the BD/Phoenx war. As you noted, THE and BD did coordinated nuking operations and such. Just wanted to point out that even though BD wasn't much bigger than Phoenx, with THE's help they could act like a much larger tribe.

OK, so we have EDS guessing late Beginning/early Middle and Infirc down for late Middle. Anyone else?

(And as Orca PMmed me this morning, the account I played in RAM should be listed in the "Skype Chats" as Orclord852, and not Orclord251. My apologies, Orca!)