Your mod!

darkaniken2

Looks like you should have your hands full this time Earl.

Smokn

Honestly "wtf" and "lmfao" shouldn't be banned by themselves, unless used in context as you said with the others.. Buut, I don't really care eitherway, aslong as you don't take my weeds away.

DeletedUser93066

So I'm the mod for w80. I'll be around a lot reading all the posts, but hopefully I don't have to give out many warnings/infractions. Let's all have a fun forum section here with lots of entertaining PNP!

Question: Is the use of the word "shit" allowed?

[Spoil]Answer: The use of the word "shit" does not count as profanity in itself, and thus is allowed. The word is, however, not allowed to be used to insult other players outside of a game-related context.
Allowed: That's bullshit.
Allowed: You're a shit player.
Not Allowed: You're shit. [/Spoil]

Question: Is "crap" allowed?

[spoil]Answer: Same as "shit". It's allowed on its own, but not when used to insult another player. [/spoil]

Question: What about "asshole"?

[spoil]Answer: This depends on the mod. Some mods allow this, similar to "shit". I do not, so don't use it in this forum![/spoil]

Question: And does the same apply for "bitch" and "bastard"?

[spoil]Answer: These are allowed in a manner similar to 'shit'. Acceptable if used on their own, but not if used as an insult.[/spoil]

Question: Is the f-word allowed at all?

[spoil]Answer: The f-word is not allowed, even if quoted, used in an acronym, shown in an image, starred out, or otherwise obscured. If it is understandable you are using the f-word, you will get in trouble for it.
Allowed: Nothing.
Not Allowed: Wtf, lmfao, milf, f'ing, feck, fubar, frick, and anything else that is clearly meant to be read as the f-word.[/spoil]

Question: What are the rules for posting pictures?

[spoil]Answer: Pictures are not allowed to be larger than 640x480 pixels, unless posted in a spoiler. If you're unsure how big a picture is, you should check the image properties by right-clicking it and looking for the size. If that doesn't work, better safe than sorry, and you should post it in a spoiler . Also, any profanity rules and other rules still apply when posting pictures.[/spoil]

Question: What are the signature rules?

[spoil]Answer: Signatures must be smaller than or equal to 700x80 pixels in size, when not spoilered. This is much shorter than most forums allow, so be careful! If placed in a spoiler, one can make the signatures equal to or smaller than 700x300 pixels in size. If you're not sure how big a signature is, you can always ask a mod, or do the math using the formula on the Rules Page. All rules for posting pictures apply to signatures.

Also, please refrain from using any animated images in your signatures. They are not allowed. That includes animated emoticons[/spoil]

Question: What about extreme content in signatures/avatars/pictures?

[spoil]Answer: There won't be punishment for a picture that has the image of a weed plant in it unless it also has words/sentences in it that condone/glorify the use of it. If the image of the drug is alone, most of the time we will disregard it. If you're not sure about if a signature/avatar/post is legal, feel free to message any mod and we'll be happy to help.[/spoil]

If you have ANY questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll be on here and skype every day, so should be pretty easy to find me.

-Earl

You are the Shit brah! Do I get to play the " I KNOW HIM" Card and get away with shit? Or how about I toss Leah in your basket?

DeletedUser110464

You can toss the you know me card in there, but everyone is subject to the same rules on the forums regardless of friendship :D

An Bhoran

What about Australian colloquialisms like "drongo" or "yobbo"?

DeletedUser110464

What about Australian colloquialisms like "drongo" or "yobbo"?

From what I can see of the meaning on sites such as urban dictionary, they don't seem to look like words that would be inappropriate language, however I would guess it would be pretty unlikely for you to use those words without it being some kind of insult, which would be reason for a punishment anyways.

DeletedUser80269

Why is "you're a shit player" allowed?

It's saying "you are a shit player"... how is that not an insult? lol

Either way I love this set of rules! Much more laid back yet not allowing loads of disrespect.

Glad to have ya Earl

DeletedUser110464

Why is "you're a shit player" allowed?

It's saying "you are a shit player"... how is that not an insult? lol

Either way I love this set of rules! Much more laid back yet not allowing loads of disrespect.

Glad to have ya Earl
That is calling someone shit at the game itself, which is not an insult to the person's real life. It's fairly simple actually. If it's an insult to the person it is not allowed, but you can call anyone you want bad at this game in various ways as long as it doesn't break the inappropriate language rules.

And I'm glad to be here. Should be a lot of fun hopefully.

roman01

That is calling someone shit at the game itself, which is not an insult to the person's real life. It's fairly simple actually. If it's an insult to the person it is not allowed, but you can call anyone you want bad at this game in various ways as long as it doesn't break the inappropriate language rules.

And I'm glad to be here. Should be a lot of fun hopefully.

If you want to call someone bad, you can do so without being profane about it.

​"You're shit" is a derogatory insult no matter the context, RL or gaming and is often used to promote online bullying in gaming communities. It should be banned, period​.