Your Mod!

DeletedUser110464

So I'm the mod for w85 forums if you haven't noticed. Should be a fun world (I hope) with lots of good pnp on the forums. Just remember I'll be watching to keep you all in line. So just make my job easy and we can all be happy! Here's some guidelines for what is and is not allowed (yes I stole this):

Question: Is the use of the word "shit" allowed?

[Spoil]Answer: The use of the word "shit" does not count as profanity in itself, and thus is allowed. The word is, however, not allowed to be used to insult other players outside of a game-related context.
Allowed: That's bullshit.
Allowed: You're a shit player.
Not Allowed: You're shit. [/Spoil]

Question: Is "crap" allowed?

[spoil]Answer: Same as "shit". It's allowed on its own, but not when used to insult another player. [/spoil]

Question: What about "asshole"?

[spoil]Answer: This depends on the mod. Some mods allow this, similar to "shit". I do not, so don't use it in this forum![/spoil]

Question: And does the same apply for "bitch" and "bastard"?

[spoil]Answer: These are allowed in a manner similar to 'shit'. Acceptable if used on their own, but not if used as an insult.[/spoil]

Question: Is the f-word allowed at all?

[spoil]Answer: The f-word is not allowed, even if quoted, used in an acronym, shown in an image, starred out, or otherwise obscured. If it is understandable you are using the f-word, you will get in trouble for it.
Allowed: Nothing.
Not Allowed: Wtf, lmfao, milf, f'ing, feck, fubar, frick, and anything else that is clearly meant to be read as the f-word.[/spoil]

Question: What are the rules for posting pictures?

[spoil]Answer: Pictures are not allowed to be larger than 640x480 pixels, unless posted in a spoiler. If you're unsure how big a picture is, you should check the image properties by right-clicking it and looking for the size. If that doesn't work, better safe than sorry, and you should post it in a spoiler . Also, any profanity rules and other rules still apply when posting pictures.[/spoil]

Question: What are the signature rules?

[spoil]Answer: Signatures must be smaller than or equal to 700x80 pixels in size, when not spoilered. This is much shorter than most forums allow, so be careful! If placed in a spoiler, one can make the signatures equal to or smaller than 700x300 pixels in size. If you're not sure how big a signature is, you can always ask a mod, or do the math using the formula on the Rules Page. All rules for posting pictures apply to signatures.

Also, please refrain from using any animated images in your signatures. They are not allowed. That includes animated emoticons[/spoil]

Question: What about extreme content in signatures/avatars/pictures?

[spoil]Answer: There won't be punishment for a picture that has the image of a weed plant in it unless it also has words/sentences in it that condone/glorify the use of it. If the image of the drug is alone, most of the time we will disregard it. If you're not sure about if a signature/avatar/post is legal, feel free to message any mod and we'll be happy to help.[/spoil]

If you have ANY questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll be on here and skype every day, so should be pretty easy to find me.

-Earl

DeletedUser

it is a 4 year old account, just wanted to clear thing up since it not related, but i see how it could be confuse.

DeletedUser107233

hey Earl, how are you doing?

Congrats on becoming a mod

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hello Earl ,

I noticed your flashing the Tyrant banner , which of course I know your in the tribe in world 84 , being a Mod and a player as well , do you find it difficult to give infractions to your tribemates as easy as it is to give them to your enemies ... Are you the type of MOD who is going to treat players fairly or cut old friends slack ?

P.S. I'll keep in mind your above words especially That's Bullshit :)

DeletedUser

Hello Earl ,

I noticed your flashing the Tyrant banner , which of course I know your in the tribe in world 84 , being a Mod and a player as well , do you find it difficult to give infractions to your tribemates as easy as it is to give them to your enemies ... Are you the type of MOD who is going to treat players fairly or cut old friends slack ?

shhhhhhhh. careful.... posts have been known to *** POOOF **** disappear. you are a very brave man Balian. dont wanna go down that rabbit hole

Xexw7ie.gif

DeletedUser110464

Hello Earl ,

You can ask my friends if they've ever been infracted by me and some of them may admit they have. They all seem to understand (for the most part) that me infracting them doesn't mean anything about whether or not I actually like them at all. In fact some of them will ask me questions on skype about if a link they show me is ok on the forums. The goal is to treat people fairly as much as possible, but as with many things in life the more record you have the harsher the punishment may become.

DeletedUser

i like to watch a show called... My Name Is Earl
having a Forum Mod named Earl makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
:)

DeletedUser112079

You can ask my friends if they've ever been infracted by me and some of them may admit they have. They all seem to understand (for the most part) that me infracting them doesn't mean anything about whether or not I actually like them at all. In fact some of them will ask me questions on skype about if a link they show me is ok on the forums. The goal is to treat people fairly as much as possible, but as with many things in life the more record you have the harsher the punishment may become.

Yes and we're no longer friends because of it