Your New Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Looks like I'm going to be your moderator for the foreseeable future. Best for us to get introduced then, eh?

You probably haven't heard of me. I'm pretty undercover. Relatively new mod. Definitely haven't been doing this for three and a half years.

No, but seriously, anyone who has played a world I mod (of which there have been many) knows how I mod - I generally try to stay back and let you guys have your fun, and only step in when it starts getting out of hand (If you've played a world I mod and you don't think that, then you break the rules too much :lol:). I will occasionally step in and try to contribute to a discussion if I think it's going in circles, but in general I'll be pretty invisible unless something needs to be said.

Occasionally I may write infraction messages that are harsher than the offense demands. If you feel I have done this, please tell me. I rarely intend to be harsh, I just write in a very short, abrupt way that can very easily come across as being rude. The more people call me out on this, the easier it becomes for me to notice when I'm doing it and correct myself.

There are often questions of how I interpret the rules. Here is a (very forced) Q&A with myself:

Question: Is the use of the word "shit" allowed?
[spoil]Answer: The use of the word "shit" does not count as profanity in itself, and thus is allowed. The word is, however, not allowed to be used to insult other players outside of a game-related context.

Allowed: That's bullshit.
Allowed: You're a shit player.
Not Allowed: You're shit.

Also, using 'shit' in inappropriate/graphic contexts is still not allowed.[/spoil]

Question: Is "crap" allowed?
[spoil]Answer: Similar to "shit", it's allowed on its own, but not when used to insult another player or describe graphic content.[/spoil]

Question: What about "asshole" or "ass"?
[spoil]Answer: This depends on the mod. I personally allow these ones as long as you're not being rude, inappropriate, or insulting. However, not all mods do, so be careful![/spoil]

Question: And does the same apply for "bitch" and "bastard"?
[spoil]Answer: These are allowed in a manner similar to 'shit'. Acceptable if used on their own, but not if used as an insult.[/spoil]

Question: Is the f-word allowed at all?
[spoil]Answer: The f-word is not allowed, even if quoted, used in an acronym, shown in an image, starred out, or otherwise obscured. If it is understandable you are using the f-word, you will get in trouble for it.
Allowed: Nothing.
Not Allowed: Wtf, lmfao, milf, f'ing, feck, fubar, frick, and anything else that is clearly meant to be read as the f-word.[/spoil]

Question: What are the rules for posting pictures?
[spoil]Answer: Pictures are not allowed to be larger than 640x480 pixels, unless posted in a spoiler. If you're unsure how big a picture is, you should check the image properties by right-clicking it and looking for the size. If that doesn't work, better safe than sorry, and you should post it in a spoiler :). Also, any profanity rules and other rules still apply when posting pictures.[/spoil]

Question: What are the signature rules?
[spoil]Answer: Signatures must be smaller than or equal to 700x80 pixels in size, when not spoilered. This is much shorter than most forums allow, so be careful! If placed in a spoiler, one can make the signatures equal to or smaller than 700x300 pixels in size. If you're not sure how big a signature is, you can always ask a mod, or do the math using the formula on the Rules Page. All rules for posting pictures apply to signatures.

Also, please refrain from using any animated images in your signatures. They are not allowed. That includes animated emoticons, such as :lol:.[/spoil]

Question: What about extreme content in signatures/avatars/pictures?
[spoil]Answer: There won't be punishment for a picture that has the image of a weed plant in it unless it also has words/sentences in it that condone/glorify the use of it. If the image of the drug is alone, most of the time we will disregard it. If you're not sure about if a signature/avatar/post is legal, feel free to message any mod and we'll be happy to help :).[/spoil]

Question: What is considered off-topic in a thread?
[spoil]Answer: Off-topic in a thread is considered to be when a player goes off-topic from the original intent of the thread. This is a huge thing to cover, so I'll do my best:

Take, for example, a war thread about tribes A and B:

- It is allowed to discuss tribe A.
- It is allowed to discuss tribe B.
- It is allowed to discuss the relationship between tribes A and B.
- It is allowed to discuss tribe A's other wars as they affect their war with tribe B.
- It is allowed to discuss a tribe C as they relate to the war (for example, a possibility that tribe C might join the war).
- It is NOT allowed to discuss tribe C or any of their wars without relating them to the war between A and B.
- It is NOT allowed to discuss individual players in tribes A and B without relating it to the war.
- If tribe C joins the war, it is now allowable to discuss tribe C on its own.

This applies to any thread. For example, if we're talking about top 20 players:

- It is allowed to discuss player A in the top 20.
- It is allowed to discuss player B in the top 20.
- It is allowed to discuss the relationship between players A and B.
- It is allowed to discuss player A's wars as they affect his or her relationships with other top 20 players and his or her position in the top 20.
- It is allowed to discuss a player C (outside of the top 20) as they relate to the top 20 (for example, a possibility that tribe C might join the top 20).
- It is NOT allowed to discuss player C or anything about them without relating it to the top 20.
- It is NOT allowed to discuss the tribes of players A and B.
- If player C joins the top 20, it is now allowable to discuss player C on their own.[/spoil]

If you are unsure about any rules, or my interpretations of them, or whether something would be legal - or really have any comments pertaining to my moderation - send me a PM or a skype message and I'll be happy to help you out.

Also, this thread has been closed because every single forum I moderate, eventually this thread gets spammed - so I'm preempting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.