Your Story On W60

ashoka1

Then why are you here...Go home pinky or brain ...or better still..sit some inactive accounts and defend your tribe mates...

Seems Calm. Neither reads externals nor plays in game..

DeletedUser106889

Just thought i would pop here and have a little look what you lot of spammies speak about.

ashoka1

Oh..not all of Spam is here..only 8-10 of us..rest are too busy in game..or on skype

DeletedUser

The public forums has mainly disintegrated into a circlejerk and an extension of SPAM's forums but I'm alright with that.

DeletedUser103379

No wonder Calm is losing..You got inactive co's that have more time to post than to play the game.

If your not playing in this world anymore your views matter not to us. So go to world 66 or something..Hahahaha

I'm inactive because this world holds no interest to me anymore in terms of personal game play. Makes sense, right? I have the time to play, I just don't have the desire too. That is the difference. The public forums are here for discussion are they not? So that's what I'm doing.

To Ashoka, I hope that Escape comment was in a positive way... I still get a little butt hurt over it lol.

DeletedUser

I'm inactive because this world holds no interest to me anymore in terms of personal game play. Makes sense, right? I have the time to play, I just don't have the desire too. That is the difference. The public forums are here for discussion are they not? So that's what I'm doing.

To Ashoka, I hope that Escape comment was in a positive way... I still get a little butt hurt over it lol.

I think fighting against SPAM has that effect on people. I have been following their exploits for quite a long time and think they are quite a strange if not unique type of rank 1 tribe. Most rank 1 tribes have either brilliant individual skill, brilliant leadership or brilliantly timed/co-ordinated ops or a combination of these things, I do not believe that SPAM is one of those types of tribe. When you lose to those tribes (an example is Time where my name came from), it is only natural to be lose when you are at such a disadvantage but that makes you look at the war as an underdog and fight harder and perform better than you would otherwise.

SPAM does not have brilliant individual skill, brilliant leadership or brilliant Ops in my opinion. I think SPAM has a different but equally brilliant weapon: despair. Hear me out on this for a second before you think I am crazy. SPAM wins every war that it fights (we shall see about this one, but it is looking to be in SPAM's favour) and often handily because although they have the basics down really well, they never do anything that is special. There is never an amazing operation that breaks the front, or amazing individual skill (LFB excluded perhaps), or a brilliant leader's strategical move. SPAM generally win their wars because their enemy goes inactive and gives up. This is because unlike Time, they fight on a similar level to their opponents (maybe on purpose).

There is never any spectacular move in a SPAM war but at the same time, I can't think of a time where a SPAM frontline player has quit and just left abandoned whilst being attacked (RL or due to attack) or a time when an enemy Op has been really successful. Hence when SPAM end up gradually winning their wars it illicits a different emotion in their opponents: despair. Because SPAM does not appear to be a brilliant tribe, other tribes don't think that SPAM is the cause of them losing, allowing them to devise a solution to the problem instead citing internal problems, which just makes the situation worse. "We could have easily won if there was better leadership", "We could easily be winning if there weren't so many inactives", "We could win if our players didn't give up at first sign of attack", "we could win if we had better Ops" are the sort of reasons SPAM's enemies cite for losing their war with SPAM. The result is that the fact SPAM's opponents blame the reason they aren't winning the war or haven't won on internal problems just makes things way worse and makes the problems, whether with leadership or inactivity, a reality. Once that happens, the other tribe has lost.

Lol...I got a bit carried away :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think fighting against SPAM has that effect on people. I have been following their exploits for quite a long time and think they are quite a strange if not unique type of rank 1 tribe. Most rank 1 tribes have either brilliant individual skill, brilliant leadership or brilliantly timed/co-ordinated ops or a combination of these things, I do not believe that SPAM is one of those types of tribe. When you lose to those tribes (an example is Time where my name came from), it is only natural to be lose when you are at such a disadvantage but that makes you look at the war as an underdog and fight harder and perform better than you would otherwise.

SPAM does not have brilliant individual skill, brilliant leadership or brilliant Ops in my opinion. I think SPAM has a different but equally brilliant weapon: despair. Hear me out on this for a second before you think I am crazy. SPAM wins every war that it fights (we shall see about this one, but it is looking to be in SPAM's favour) and often handily because although they have the basics down really well, they never do anything that is special. There is never an amazing operation that breaks the front, or amazing individual skill (LFB excluded perhaps), or a brilliant leader's strategical move. SPAM generally win their wars because their enemy goes inactive and gives up. This is because unlike Time, they fight on a similar level to their opponents (maybe on purpose).

There is never any spectacular move in a SPAM war but at the same time, I can't think of a time where a SPAM frontline player has quit and just left abandoned whilst being attacked (RL or due to attack) or a time when an enemy Op has been really successful. Hence when SPAM end up gradually winning their wars it illicits a different emotion in their opponents: despair. Because SPAM does not appear to be a brilliant tribe, other tribes don't think that SPAM is the cause of them losing, allowing them to devise a solution to the problem instead citing internal problems, which just makes the situation worse. "We could have easily won if there was better leadership", "We could easily be winning if there weren't so many inactives", "We could win if our players didn't give up at first sign of attack", "we could win if we had better Ops" are the sort of reasons SPAM's enemies cite for losing their war with SPAM. The result is that the fact SPAM's opponents blame the reason they aren't winning the war or haven't won on internal problems just makes things way worse and makes the problems, whether with leadership or inactivity, a reality. Once that happens, the other tribe has lost.

Lol...I got a bit carried away :p

Update your stats page already. ;P jeez

DeletedUser103379

I agree on that aspect completely Time. In my case, I took on co-playing an account about a month ago, and quit after 6 days simply because this world is no longer for me. On me for instance, its simply no interest.

Unfortunately there is a lot of inactivity in Calm, which, in every world that is what decides who wins the world. I have never seen an entire tribe go down fighting to the very last village in end game, have you? Tribalwars in terms of start up phase-mid game phase is primarily off of skill and activity. In late game, its typical the tribe that is willing to wait around that wins in the end.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I agree on that aspect completely Time. In my case, I took on co-playing an account about a month ago, and quit after 6 days simply because this world is no longer for me. On me for instance, its simply no interest.

Unfortunately there is a lot of inactivity in Calm, which, in every world that is what decides who wins the world. I have never seen an entire tribe go down fighting to the very last village in end game, have you? Tribalwars in terms of start up phase-mid game phase is primarily off of skill and activity. In late game, its typical the tribe that is willing to wait around that wins in the end.

Guess what frustrates calm most is that they are fighting ordinary guys who only trolls the forums..All their vaunted skills are no match to our Spamming!:lol:

ashoka1

Kk I will tell the secret...

I was told ..if I have to win this world...I may or may not log in the game daily..as they will stack my villages..

j just have to go on externals and post...telling calm. I m still active.

you know what I just wanted my account to have 50k incoming..when calm.stopped at 49k...35k of those coming from fifth alone...

and I just came on externals...even that day...

so guess now I will win w60 for being the biggest nub in w60.

Ashoka1

Louis Ofc doesn't count

DeletedUser103379

You're going to read my words based off of how you want to read them. I'm not ignorant enough to say Spam has NO skill, because if you look at my point, talent matters a lot more in early/mid game than end game. You guys made it this far? So, to me that says tells me there is skill in Spam.

Did I say there was a lack of talent? No. I'm saying in end game, generally, generally the deciding factor is activity. Am I wrong? I am discussing here. Not looking for little flame wars. Spam got this far based off of talent, so did Calm. But everyone knows the reason why there is such a HUGE difference in conquers in between Spam and Calm. And that huge factor is activity.

Before you have a chance to say "He means we are only winning because we are more active" I'll say this. I don't know who would win if both sides were equally active. Alls I know is it would be fun as hell to watch if that were the case. But even then, Spam to me still seems more organized, which is critical in any part of TW rather start up/mid/late game. The only fun thing about this war is watching how efficiently the frontlines are being pushed by Spam. So even though I am pro-Calm, do enjoy watching Spam war Calm as a spectator.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You're going to read my words based off of how you want to read them. I'm not ignorant enough to say Spam has NO skill, because if you look at my point, talent matters a lot more in early/mid game than end game. You guys made it this far? So, to me that says tells me there is skill in Spam.

Did I say there was a lack of talent? No. I'm saying in end game, generally, generally the deciding factor is activity. Am I wrong? I am discussing here. Not looking for little flame wars. Spam got this far based off of talent, so did Calm. But everyone knows the reason why there is such a HUGE difference in conquers in between Spam and Calm. And that huge factor is activity.

Before you have a chance to say "He means we are only winning because we are more active" I'll say this. I don't know who would win if both sides were equally active. Alls I know is it would be fun as hell to watch if that were the case. But even then, Spam to me still seems more organized, which is critical in any part of TW rather start up/mid/late game. The only fun thing about this war is watching how efficiently the frontlines are being pushed by Spam. So even though I am pro-Calm, do enjoy watching Spam war Calm as a spectator.

eh, a scapegoat..the inactivity reasoning is an overused excuse..

Hey if all of Calm go inactive we don't care it just proves that they are shitty players to begin with. Guess they will look for another tribe to merge with..Hahahaha!

ashoka1

I can't think of a time where a SPAM frontline player has quit and just left abandoned whilst being attacked (RL or due to attack)
The reason is SPAM itself...When you have people taking care of your account all the time..better the what they would do with their own accounts..you cant think of quitting and letting them down...The only player who quit a frontline account (not an account but a player on the account Orourke) was supposed to leave the account even before war started ..and with calm. attacking he carried on playing for may be 40-50 more extra days..as he didnt want to make it hard for his coplayers...leaving them in war time...

DeletedUser

I don't agree that there haven't been any excellent SPAM ops.... I mean, we haven't pulled away since day 1, but I can say at least that the Spunky1 Op was a resounding success, and it (and its aftermath) have essentially won us an entire continent from Calm (K56)... Nobody can say that Spunky was inactive, we all know he wasn't!

Inactivity is hurting Calm, but they weren't inactive before this war...

Ben

DeletedUser

What I love about Spam, and where I credit DA most for his success is his ability to pick players that are loyal and enjoy the game because it if fun, when a person is loyal to a banner, enjoys the game and the tribe he is in he will fight, he will go out of his way to help the tribe, and that is what makes a winning tribe and causes dispair and time pointed out, when you know your enemy will fight to the last man you know it will be a challenge, and some people do not feel they need to put in the effort to rise up to that challenge, mock Spam all you want but they have achieved much in their time, no one thought they would come out of the RLS/HD war, facing a foe 3 times as big, with a surprise attack, fighting inactivity, and facing massive losses, and with only 20 members we pulled it off.

I am the same as Orourke, I announced my leaving before the war with RLS and just as I did, with thousands of my troops on the H D line RLS launched, and because of my enjoyment for the game and the respect I have for SPAM and DA I stayed behind, I defended until RLS fell, whilst working two jobs, and they where very supportive and really helped me through it, and even though I lost a lot of villages at the time, around 40% I turned it around, was back on my feet and was only second to LFB for war conquers along with Zambouta, now I am not a "skilled player" in fact DA recruited me after I had just been forced to restart, he didn't know I had forgotten pretty much everything about the game after not playing it for years, but somehow i think he knew I wouldn't let him down, and I am glad to say I didn't I think..

DeletedUser

Wow, Mac. You're my hero Best player I've ever read about. I'm humbled by your skill. lol.
Now. Yeah - Time member has some very good points. A good read, and the facts speak for themselves - although there ARE some very good players in Spam, there are also some that tag along for the ride too.
The hard core players are the ones that do the business, regardless of some rash, and trash leadership decisions. The players pull it together and do the work, hence their growth in both ODA and ODD. I've yet to see DA grow at all in both of those respects, but he's lucky that the tribe carry him along for the ride and do the business instead.
It's not a bad tribe at all. I've got a lot of friends there, but have a lot of friends in a lot of tribes too.
On a personal note, I still look upon 7SF as the best run tribe in this world so far, but TCRT are edging closer to that day by day. Well done on a tribe well put together, and recently getting rid of deadwood.
We've got an activity link where we can see who's putting in any effort at all for the tribe, and - without a shadow of a doubt - if we had a leader (or player) not even throwing the odd Nuke at an enemy, he'd be kicked in an instant.

I hope that the sPAM/Calm war will gain a new breath of life and get back to being a war that we all love to see an equal challenge in.

Louis - you DO have skill, bro.... (you just hide it well lol)
TT.

DeletedUser

^
DA is our leader, he leads the tribe and has done a very good job since the very beginning. It is not his job to grow, but to led the tribe till the very end.
DA has said it a few too many times, he is here to lead and has quit as a player. For those who know Dylan, they know he got skills, and he has proved it countless times during the many wars we had in Spam.

DeletedUser

^
DA is our leader, he leads the tribe and has done a very good job since the very beginning. It is not his job to grow, but to led the tribe till the very end.
DA has said it a few too many times, he is here to lead and has quit as a player. For those who know Dylan, they know he got skills, and he has proved it countless times during the many wars we had in Spam.

Maybe I should stop growing as a player and just lead... What do you think TT?