Your suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

(2007,October 9th, 21:35)

I want to know what you thought of THIS round. Suggestions to make it better. Please have this thread ONLY for this last round what you liked and what you didnt. Thank you.

280 replies later people are making suggestions on future rounds..? do you not read :icon_eek:

(2007,October 11th, 06:24)

Great idea! That way I don't need to look at the settings anymore, because I know, that there won't be any good to find.

I will have more time to do other things, because speed world will become a world for arcade peewees rather than for player, who want to try some strategy or tactical moves in the game. :icon_rolleyes:

A year on and unfortunately thargorans prediction proves to true *sigh*

Speed server you really really SUCK

<3 Alex

Last edited by a moderator:

4HorsemenofYaHooka

on topic...I think.

current round could have been improved from where I sit (current premium account holder since Jan. 08 I think.):icon_rolleyes:...anyhow.,

speed = 500
unit = .3
no tribes (or) tribe = 1
winner based on number of villages conquered....not total points
moral on...and set high.:):scout:
duration = 24 hours

:heavycavalry: :heavycavalry: :heavycavalry: :heavycavalry: :heavycavalry:

NATMUS

What i never got is why you can't have 2 speed rounds like the germans??????

One for people who like it fast like me and others who work. And people who play it nice an easy and can been on alot during the day.

and 500 speed would be a good one to start at sounds good to me. Also spread people out more at the start if not bunch them all really close to make it more fun.

DeletedUser

What i never got is why you can't have 2 speed rounds like the germans??????

One for people who like it fast like me and others who work. And people who play it nice an easy and can been on alot during the day.

and 500 speed would be a good one to start at sounds good to me. Also spread people out more at the start if not bunch them all really close to make it more fun.

Two speeds might be a problem guess but if the German server can have it I don't see why our server can't.

DeletedUser27029

on topic...I think.

current round could have been improved from where I sit (current premium account holder since Jan. 08 I think.):icon_rolleyes:...anyhow.,

speed = 500
unit = .3
no tribes (or) tribe = 1
winner based on number of villages conquered....not total points
moral on...and set high.:):scout:
duration = 24 hours

:heavycavalry: :heavycavalry: :heavycavalry: :heavycavalry: :heavycavalry:

the bolded sentence is just plain stupid, all everyone would do is nobled abandoneds in the last day to win..

no-one has ever failed as hard as you just did

there may be one exception though

dvd-rewinder.jpg

DeletedUser

Can't we have just 1 speed rpund where there is paladins and archers? And speed 400 because most people enjoy fast rounds lol :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Can't we have just 1 speed rpund where there is paladins and archers? And speed 400 because most people enjoy fast rounds lol :icon_cool:

There are various rounds and you get the most fun out of the settings your more familiar with so wait for your round likings and then join.

DeletedUser

48hour speed round

Speed: 400
Unit speed: 2
Tribes: No Tribes
Account Sitting: Off

Description: No paladin, no archers, Smithy with levels, academy and package system, slow growing barbarian villages.

DeletedUser

It isn't speed that needs to be changed so much as it's the special rules for the server. The distance between players should be increased, tribes should be done away with entirely, bonuses should be removed entirely and growing abandoneds should be done away with. All of the above simply serves to promote what I've noticed in such a short time, new to this server.

The game is rigged in favor of about 3-4 tribes who remake with the same players every round. They cooperate with one another to mass-noble the abandoneds, then attack smaller, newer players. If one of them is threatened, more come to their aid. This creates a system where they impose cooperative dominance beyond the 5-member tribe limit early on and essentially amounts to nothing more than griefing. Rather than a game of skill it becomes who a game of who has the most buddies and whether or not you hold a position in those who ensure the dominance of one another every round, at the expense of newer players.

I'm sure those players will try to flame this post, but that's irrelevant. Even if they're a very vocal group of veterans for the speed rounds, they're still a minority and should have very little sway in light of the fact they're running off far more players than the server retains. The main reason they're allowed to do this is because the social niches formed in the first place and because 'restarting' simply places you on the other side of an already-developed 30k-pointer only a few hours into the game. They can rim the same smaller players over and over, each time with less effort. Morale is irrelevant when on this world a larger player has nearly-limitless resources in comparison to the restarter. The early cooperation ensures the same players are dominant again and again, every round.

It's rigged. No skill. No room for new players. Eventually the server will run out of fresh blood as it cycles through the playerbase and word of the self-destructive system spreads.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A very intelligent post alexianx.

A no tribe round won't really do anything. It doesn't prevent the players from forming into their little niches, especially if all of them have skype.

A slower speed with fewer days would do the trick. Instead of having a week long round, why not have 24 rounds that are only one full day?

24 rounds that start a different hour each day (i.e. the first round would start at 0:00:00 server time and the second 1:00:00 server time) with a very limited sleep mode and last for 24 hours. It would be very interesting to see.

DeletedUser45123

A round where you start off with a maxed out village and you can choose to have offence or defence in your village :)

AusKilla

or a round where u start with a point whored village :p 30 res 7 farm and 22 warehouse nothing more :d haha fun fun :D

gargareth

i reckon we should do some much faster rounds, look at the german server round

Start: Sonntag, 28.09.2008 15:00
Ende: Donnerstag, 02.10.2008 17:00
Beschreibung: SDS-Style auf W10-Basis, unbegrenzte Anzahl von Stammesmitgliedern, Himmelsrichtung kann gewählt werden
Spielerlimit: 3000
Siegbedingungen: Punktbester Spieler bei Rundenende
Geschwindigkeit: 160
Geschwindigkeit Einheiten: 0.5
Schlafmodus: Ja
Urlaubsvertretung: Ja
Moral: Ja
Bauschleife: Ja

they had a 4 days speed 3000, why cant we have something like that?

Alex, perhaps you, miggy, namaz and grant should split up for a few rounds? Take a few n00bs on board and train them up. Then you might get a bit more fun out of it, plus you wont have 90% of good speed players in your own tribe.

AusKilla

well me miggy namaz and grant dont really ever play the same rounds at the same time anymore.. look at this round only grants playing out of the 4 of us.. last round namaz was the only one round before that only me and miggy (we shared his acc & my acc was dif tribe and played by my room mate) round before that none of us played except me but i was raped by 10 romanians :'( round before that n00bs were meant to come back and didnt so we were all together...

what do u think we've been doing ;)

DeletedUser

leave tribe lock off, makes the game more interesting when you have to watch your tribemates more than anyone else :)

lucas246

lmfao

if you get strong enough in a speed round with no tribelock the people in your tribe will probaly dismiss you and eat you alive plus auskilla is right you dont have to be in a good tribe you just have to learn how to play but heres a question i mostly make axe men their offense you can destroy people but if you get attacked you have no defense

Status
Not open for further replies.