Your W49 Story

DeletedUser92753

While anyone can see a broad narrative of this world's progress from a series of maps, the true story lies with the players. As the new year comes and the end of the world is fast approaching, now seems an appropriate time to reflect.

I'd like to ask the players of W49, past and present, to share something that has made this world special to you. Whether it be an exciting war, a comeback against the odds, or a fateful moment that changed your course in this game. I will be posting my own shortly, and I ask that you consider PM'ng me your contribution so that we can have all entries organized on the same page for future viewing.

Cheers players of W49!

-Jav

DeletedUser

Oh man, so many things I could put here... I might need to come back tonight when I have more time.

DeletedUser

Great thread idea Jav!

This world, my second, is one I've learned the most on. I started out a few months behind those who forged their way first in this world and found a small but talented crew around me. I think the first and best move I made was to stick close to "Whatamess" (Ben) from one tribe to another. It kept me off his menu and really paved the way for many of us in the core group/tribe that I originally cast my lot with.

By far the turning point from playing with a few good players in average tribes to playing with a lot of good players (and mostly all active, which as many know is often the key to survival in this game!) in one of two good tribes was when I was first attacked by Deceit. I sparred well enough to get some interest. Then came an invite to VLN and the rest is history for my path in this world.

DeletedUser92753

Mine is similar with yours Merch.

I owe my success in this world to Shah Abbas. I had to restart when I was cleared while away camping and ended up out in K71. There I began talking to him because of our shared Persian usernames. I followed him from tribe to tribe having a merry time destroying =DA= from the inside out and finding a home with Homerpf and Repulsive with ESL. I remember being in awe of finally being in a top 20 tribe. Well school started and I left my villages to Shah and left W49 (Or so they thought).

[spoil]
128858820321591458.jpg

He's back![/spoil]

By this time we were BFI and the war with ~WE~ was taking its toll, resulting in my account staying around. I then decided I'd make a come back :lol: and after a few confusions of people trying to noble me thinking I had quit, I started the slow path of recovery. Then with my amazing account :icon_wink: I made my bid to join *VLN* and for lord knows what reason, CA took me in. Leadership in *VLN* has never been a stable affair until the arrival of merchant, but thats getting ahead of myself.

[spoil]
mojo-jojo-01.jpg
Who's a Villain? This Guy![/spoil]

So I'm in *VLN*, I've come from absolute noobdom to bashing for the #1 tribe. My ego is a little high, as far as I'm concerned, I'm the shit. So I begin my rise within VLN politics until I'm a baron for CA. CA then goes AWOL in a dispute with Sergei. Wait... I'm in charge? Why? Who would let this happen? Oh, welcome to the Deceit/VLN Council Chat? Why thank you Sergei! :icon_biggrin:

[spoil]
in-charge.jpg
Hold the applause, this noob ain't done yet![/spoil]

So I'm the leader of VLN. But Sergei keeps a tight leash. And I'm just a noob who bashes for the #1 tribe, can't quite say no can I? This starts to get to me, and I lose interest in the game. Enter Bunz! Finally someone with experience at the helm! I gladly return to being a lazy Baron.

But wait, where did Bunz go? Exams? Well who will lead us!?

[spoil]
128663285833495803.jpg
Damn, I guess thats me :icon_neutral:[/spoil]

Yup, back to Duke of *VLN*

And I follow my same tendencies and eventually quit W49! I'm done with you! I yell as I rage at my computer screen. I'm off to future worlds under my new alias, -Zabimaru-. I was done with W49 forever... or was I?

[spoil]
Bender.+I%2527m+Back+Baby%2521.jpg
For better or worse :icon_razz:[/spoil]

To Be Continued.

Now everyone can see how bored I get during attack breaks. :lol:

DeletedUser89675

My W49 story in summary:

Started as a joke.
Gained some fans. Started a 5-member band.
Conquered 1.5 Continent. Killed many tribes. Made more fans and haters. Earned endless love letters from dukes.
Can't be tamed and continued to live recklessly, still believed in being small, still believed in the climb, and still proud that all of us in Cyrus knew that we could easily be rimmed and didn't heck care. Maintained the No-Hugs-No-Merge stance for a long long time.
Then...
Struggled to keep up with RL job changes.
Finding time to play became annoyingly frustrating.
Needed to quit but didn't know how to let go.
Started to wait eagerly for the day to be killed, hoping someone would actually take us seriously and attack us.
And...
Deceit decided to hug.
Finally.
End of story.

(Hello, lovers, haters, how are you all?)
(Miss you much!)

DeletedUser96164

You're a legend Hannah - I still have villages named after you.

I'm just a n00b who got lucky - this was my first and will be my last world #1 ODA #1 Tribe #1 N00b.

If FarmerSon from Canada, the guy who spawned next to me in K23 and got me into my first and second tribe ever reads this ....LOOK AT ME GO MATE! :)

DeletedUser

You're a legend Hannah - I still have villages named after you.

I'm just a n00b who got lucky - this was my first and will be my last world #1 ODA #1 Tribe #1 N00b.

If FarmerSon from Canada, the guy who spawned next to me in K23 and got me into my first and second tribe ever reads this ....LOOK AT ME GO MATE! :)

holy crap.. i thought you played this game for years or something....
it took me years to get this decent and even now im rubbish lol xD

DeletedUser

My W49 story in summary:

Started as a joke.
Gained some fans. Started a 5-member band.
Conquered 1.5 Continent. Killed many tribes. Made more fans and haters. Earned endless love letters from dukes.
Can't be tamed and continued to live recklessly, still believed in being small, still believed in the climb, and still proud that all of us in Cyrus knew that we could easily be rimmed and didn't heck care. Maintained the No-Hugs-No-Merge stance for a long long time.
Then...
Struggled to keep up with RL job changes.
Finding time to play became annoyingly frustrating.
Needed to quit but didn't know how to let go.
Started to wait eagerly for the day to be killed, hoping someone would actually take us seriously and attack us.
And...
Deceit decided to hug.
Finally.
End of story.

(Hello, lovers, haters, how are you all?)
(Miss you much!)

Haha you actually read this forum now?:) Heard your name 2 or 3 years back.

Mine wouldnt be anything much. Not sure when i started, created my first tribe(UWS) in 03rd May 2010, with me as the only member:)...not sure how i survived till 28th May 2010, where i joined my second tribe, and met cholas, whom im still playing the game with now.

13th July 2010, i was somehow invited into ~WaR~, which many think is/was a turtle tribe, and that we wouldnt last long. Surprisingly, we lasted till our duke, SingaporeBird, got banned due to (not sure of the reason).

Haze/~WaR~ war started when i was away due to examinations, and when i came back, i found that i was in =war= with my warehouse full(no one seemed to have attacked me then). I then joined back ~WaR~, and was turtling my way across k55,65, nobling inactives and barbs(usually high point, due to Duck members being banned).

After that, its pretty straightforward, and we joined BMF's side. And after a while at DeusEx minitribe, we changed over to what is now know as TMW.

And the war, where i gained quite a plentiful amount of ODD.

Throughout this, i respect and admire a few players in ~War~, mainly singaporebird. She was one of the best duke i had so far, all the while trying to juggle the accounts of the inactives.

All i can say now, is time passes very fast, and close to 2 years after the opening, the world appears to be closing soon. TW is still the most fun internet based games(besides FPS):)!

DeletedUser102655

I met alot of Friends on this world, that i still talk to today on skype. it was fun and was a great boredom curer.

DeletedUser

wow cant beleive the world is finally ending, was my first proper world and will be the last, I still play the gecehan account :D

played from the start and played all the way to the end has been an epic world and I have met so many people, I started in ~WE~ in k72 then south park then vln and then finally deceit

FF I thought you were some badass player lol and hannah I remeber you from when I was a little noob on the rim :D

DeletedUser89675

FF I thought you were some badass player lol and hannah I remeber you from when I was a little noob on the rim :D

We weren't badasses, we were noobs.
A bit reckless, took too much risks and always living on the edge.
But then, we did make a lot of friends throughout our short stay on W49.
Wonder where they are now?
(the Nerds, the 1/0, the Haze, the Quit, the Savage, the Duck, etc etc)

DeletedUser

And Jordy is still a noob :p Nice work on 56.... :icon_wink:

My story would be way too long; I'll just say that it really started and will end in Deceit for me.

DeletedUser

yes Iam a noob :D but the account getting banned had nothing to do with me and the account moving to OHYEAH was my co players idea, sooo you should be congratulating my co player, cant have me taking the credit now ;)

DeletedUser

I'm only back here from the beginning when I coplayed an account in Dice! and quit (was it Dice!? I can't remember) because I approached Gregoun about coplaying and keeping his account in order. I don't know what I do yet, but it's nice to be able to say I could "won a world" with no effort by being a noob if this keeps going :icon_cool:.

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
hello ladies and gentelmans :)

due to RL issues i had to quit this decent world, but i have no regrets in joining a long time ago :D

i was in BMF, with other "aka" players from ex Yugoslavia (later, after some quiting, we became international tribe,like most of others). In the beginning, we spawned on NE and had some great time with Quit (later Hug and Deceit, respect guys ;)). Ive made some good relationships here, had great time, had a lot of laugh,etc... Cong to Deceit for wining w49 and other great players that i used to play. Special cheers for my aka friends, nathan, rens, popa, max,... It had been pleasure playing with u guys, and i hope we will play again one day <3 Btw i am coming soon with some friends, hope ill see someone on the field ;)

Cya in the next life brotha :)

DeletedUser

I admire those who have the time and skill to coordinate the big accounts - even with coplayers, it's no small feat It's funny that sometimes you find smaller players who are good and you wonder why they never grew. At this point they are good AND have the morale on their side which makes them nuke eaters who are dangerous to play with, they show their skills.

So many good players have come and gone on both sides. It's interesting to analyze that part of the game, gluing together a good bunch of players who can stick to the game for this long is an incredible feat in itself!

DeletedUser

Started on the rim as I had too much time one day and decided to play TW again (sound familiar? :lol:) I was quickly picked up by a small tribe in K42, unfortunately the leader went inactive in the first week and so I took over the helm. Battled it out for a while and the small rim tribe became 4th in the world and top 3 in ODA/ODD and ODT!

Until one day, we got too big for our boots, took in Tag! on a merge to close one front and open up another. The members we took in backstabbed me and Paint was gang raped by ~AR~ (noobs), NERD and Tag! :icon_cry:

Being friendly with Deceit earned me a place in their tribe which meant I got my revenge on Tag! and NERD :icon_twisted:. Then Came the war against Cyrus :icon_idea:. Shortly after this I got fed up of attacking nooby family tribes who had morale and exams were coming up :O

I left my top 30 account and left W49 :icon_cry:

P.s. Someone from Deceit get in touch! I miss you guys!

DeletedUser92753

It was a long ride and I'll be the first to say my role was minimal at best. I must give a shout out to all the players who made Deceit the powerhouse it is. FF, Sarge, Westie, and any others from the Old Guard. Hats off to you!

I'd also like to make a special mention for Drew aka Dylar. The two of us are the last of the K71 rim noobs. We lost Austin, Shah, and others along the way, but we made it (some of us more successful than others :lol:). Always have been one of the best people I've met on .net and I'm honored that you and I are #1 and #2 in both K71 (home turf) and K66 (never thought I'd make it that far east).

Long Live the Deceit/VLN Alliance! :icon_cool: