Your W80 story

DeletedUser102104

Calling all W80 members, come on down and tell us your W80 story. Where you started, who was with you and how you got to where you are. Specifics can be withheld, but due to the world being so old and things happening so long ago why not be a bit revealing ;)

Should spice up the forums! Will post mine soon!

Michael Corleone.

there was once a little girl named angelo. everyone hated it.

the end

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I always like these things. It's interesting to see how the world developed, I'll try my best to post my story though I'm sure others have more interesting things to share :p
I don't 100% remember what happened so I'm kind of going off foggy memories for some of this

_____

From early-mid game and even slightly into late game i guess I was the main player on Eledhwen

Started in K46 about a week after the account owner started as he invited me to play, we were in some noob tribe and the acc owner (Mike) decided to join MvDC within a few days of me joining the account.

Whilst in MvDC we were pretty much doing our own thing, mopping up the area. The tribe Oath was our main food source. Well after about 2 weeks in MvDC the leader Bane went to war with Gents. He had no stacks prepared, no ops prepared and really was just bad. My co had a little fight with him, he wanted to leave so I organized to move with a few people and I really wanted to recruit Cwolffboy from Oath as I saw she was a promising player. As most everyone knows by now she is very stubborn so I ended up having to take about 10 of her pets which really pissed Control off as they were also eating them!

Bane kicked us on July 4th and we created the tribe Revolt tying it into independence day with a nice PnP made by Davesj01. Davesj01 promptly returned to MvDC about 6 hours after leaving. We name changed to Lust about a week or two into our existence and had a pretty good thing going. We took over k46 and k47 very quickly, we went to war with control (unfortunately our better players weren't on the frontline) so there was very few villages taken between Control and Lust. I personally had asked Control about twice for a merge, I liked their small member count style but they didn't like a few of our members so Cwolffboy would never go for it.

I owned the majority of k46, I would still be 2nd in dominance there today if my account existed at its old size that it was at about 3 months ago. We formed an alliance with Gents given that Control were seeming increasingly hostile (this was before war was declared). Control merged with Sabre to form Ruffs, the night before they did this I had Ori come to me and offer me a last chance at a merge or we would be cut out. Turns out LOOK and Lair of the grinch were also offered this and they chose to desert. Our "star duke" Gregory managed to convince them to return to the tribe but they were never loyal. From that moment on, they were owned by Ruffs/Destiny.

We had a knee jerk reaction of merging with Gents when we lost our 2 biggest players. We had no one willing to duke and a demoralized group. The merge with Gents went off without a hitch and at first it was great, they were going from one success to another and everyone outside were just haters scared that they'd lose... Unfortunately what I didn't realize was Brad didn't ever plan to STOP merging in new tribes, I asked him and Luke many times to stop merging and start focusing on whittling out weak links, I was ignored.

We were smashing in the Ruffs war for a long time, I don't remember the actual stats but Gents was looking very good. Ruffs reformed as the Destiny we all know today and came out swinging. They managed to achieve a quick lead in war stats of about 50 villages. We managed to bring the war stats to positive for about a week or so before internal issues struck.

I had issues with Gents ever since the former duke of Lust (and my first ever TW duke pretty much) Greg joined SIN. I was always completely compliant to him, quite foolishly. He told me how good SIN was and constantly told me I should join, unfortunately he was also leaking everything I said to Brad so he was purely trying to screw me over.

Brad had a concussion towards the end of Gents and it really started to show. He made some real dumbass decisions and kind of disappeared giving no clear leadership. I tried to get on board and fix things but the broken promises regarding merging were too much for me so I decided i wanted no part in the tribe and left, planning to temporarily reform Lust. Though I kind of screwed up here, I said to people in Gents that were former Lust they could join us. I assumed they knew that I was not actually staying (like a fkin idiot) and unfortunately screwed them over.

I decided to quit after my co decided not to join SIN as we'd already bailed on them before and I couldn't rightly keep going after breaking my word to them twice.

My co Mike moved the account to VIRUS and we were then internalled.

____

That's my W80 story :) I learnt a lot this world and it definitely was an intrigue filled ride. I don't hold that I did things the "right" way but I tried my best and this is how the world unfolded from my viewpoint.

I tried not to go too in depth as a lot of political crap went on that would bore most.

Last edited:

DeletedUser76845

I always like these things. It's interesting to see how the world developed, I'll try my best to post my story though I'm sure others have more interesting things to share :p
I don't 100% remember what happened so I'm kind of going off foggy memories for some of this

_____

From early-mid game and even slightly into late game i guess I was the main player on Eledhwen

Started in K46 about a week after the account owner started as he invited me to play, we were in some noob tribe and the acc owner (Mike) decided to join MvDC within a few days of me joining the account.

Whilst in MvDC we were pretty much doing our own thing, mopping up the area. The tribe Oath was our main food source. Well after about 2 weeks in MvDC the leader Bane went to war with Gents. He had no stacks prepared, no ops prepared and really was just bad. My co had a little fight with him, he wanted to leave so I organized to move with a few people and I really wanted to recruit Cwolffboy from Oath as I saw she was a promising player. As most everyone knows by now she is very stubborn so I ended up having to take about 10 of her pets which really pissed Control off as they were also eating them!

Bane kicked us on July 4th and we created the tribe Revolt tying it into independence day with a nice PnP made by Davesj01. Davesj01 promptly returned to MvDC about 6 hours after leaving. We name changed to Lust about a week or two into our existence and had a pretty good thing going. We took over k46 and k47 very quickly, we went to war with control (unfortunately our better players weren't on the frontline) so there was very few villages taken between Control and Lust. I personally had asked Control about twice for a merge, I liked their small member count style but they didn't like a few of our members so Cwolffboy would never go for it.

I owned the majority of k46, I would still be 2nd in dominance there today if my account existed at its old size that it was at about 3 months ago. We formed an alliance with Gents given that Control were seeming increasingly hostile (this was before war was declared). Control merged with Sabre to form Ruffs, the night before they did this I had Ori come to me and offer me a last chance at a merge or we would be cut out. Turns out LOOK and Lair of the grinch were also offered this and they chose to desert. Our "star duke" Gregory managed to convince them to return to the tribe but they were never loyal. From that moment on, they were owned by Ruffs/Destiny.

We had a knee jerk reaction of merging with Gents when we lost our 2 biggest players. We had no one willing to duke and a demoralized group. The merge with Gents went off without a hitch and at first it was great, they were going from one success to another and everyone outside were just haters scared that they'd lose... Unfortunately what I didn't realize was Brad didn't ever plan to STOP merging in new tribes, I asked him and Luke many times to stop merging and start focusing on whittling out weak links, I was ignored.

We were smashing in the Ruffs war for a long time, I don't remember the actual stats but Gents was looking very good. Ruffs reformed as the Destiny we all know today and came out swinging. They managed to achieve a quick lead in war stats of about 50 villages. We managed to bring the war stats to positive for about a week or so before internal issues struck.

I had issues with Gents ever since the former duke of Lust (and my first ever TW duke pretty much) Greg joined SIN. I was always completely compliant to him, quite foolishly. He told me how good SIN was and constantly told me I should join, unfortunately he was also leaking everything I said to Brad so he was purely trying to screw me over.

Brad had a concussion towards the end of Gents and it really started to show. He made some real dumbass decisions and kind of disappeared giving no clear leadership. I tried to get on board and fix things but the broken promises regarding merging were too much for me so I decided i wanted no part in the tribe and left, planning to temporarily reform Lust. Though I kind of screwed up here, I said to people in Gents that were former Lust they could join us. I assumed they knew that I was not actually staying (like a fkin idiot) and unfortunately screwed them over.

I decided to quit after my co decided not to join SIN as we'd already bailed on them before and I couldn't rightly keep going after breaking my word to them twice.

My co Mike moved the account to VIRUS and we were then internalled.

____

That's my W80 story :) I learnt a lot this world and it definitely was an intrigue filled ride. I don't hold that I did things the "right" way but I tried my best and this is how the world unfolded from my viewpoint.

I tried not to go too in depth as a lot of political crap went on that would bore most.

i feel you bro.. good story i should write mine but. soon :D

DeletedUser118416

Kicked from Gents, Joined Destiny. Internalled my way to greatness...

Celece

1. Joined world
2. Formed Ctrl.
3. Quit
4. Joined world (famousinferno)
5. Formed Dest.
6. Quit
7. Joined world (DVBBS)
8. ..? History repeats itself? :p

DeletedUser99565

For my story I guess I have to go back to w63 to start out with. On W63 I joined for the summer as it was just starting and i had a bit of time until college started again. A week or so into the world I joined the tribe Gents, obviously led by Brad, and i formed a relationship with some of the players there. I ended up quitting as school started back up so i can't comment on too much what happened to Gents that world.

Then a couple years later Dec 2014 i graduated school and played my first full time world in 78. About mid world Brad contacted me saying he was making Gents and really wanted me to come back and play. I wasn't sure yet with how busy i was on 78. I started playing on cdwold account but wasn't giving it my all as i was more concerned on another world. However after joining another account w78 with more coplayers on the account i had more time for w80 and i got more invested some time late-early phase of this world.

Eventually the original Smokn and his coplayer quit and i took over account. Throughout the world i've had this disease or something where i can't satisfy coplayers to make them stay lol (a whole different issue about coplayer i could bring up but i wont).

I was one of the few who was fully committed to Brad and planned to stay and die with the tribe if needed, so it really irks me when people say there weren't any loyal players in Gents. However i woke up one day and Gents was disbanded and i had nobles incoming (some already landed) from aldegrion. I had ALL of my defense in frontline villages and it was going to take about 3-4 days to get it back. Attacks back and forth, yada yada, something with logboss, bla bla, boring stuff...

I stayed solo for a bit with thoughts polluting my head of quitting, but was going to do one last attack(s) on the DatMudkipguy account before-hand as i really hated Steve from the account and i had no idea if he was still on it or not lol. However Regime started bullying me and I abandoned attacking SIN, thus creating Regeme (not RegIme). Eventually I was recruited along with OSO and ETN by SIN and then the rest, well yeah it's being played out now so we'll see.

Thus is the story of the Calamari

Michael Corleone.

Okay for my true story:

Joined when the world started and found myself in MvDC. Quit very early because I realized that Bane guy probably not only eats crayon, but also eats paint chips and wet grass.

I came back to this world to coplay the Queen of W80. And that's that. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser102104

Here's my player story xD

Started out solo, playing only from mobile. Had hopes of joining Regime, but things got in the way.. good things! Ended up in Ruthless, but when TDM account left, duke raised the white towel and gave up. Wouldn't hand over reigns to me to try and right the ship, moved onto WGGF(SIN) and been there ever since. Had little impact on Gents war(account wise) but did good work in covering for others. Wrecked some tribes in k66/75/65 with my mates and just built a massive cluster.

Quit for about a month, without a word, because of IRL stuff. Came back a month later and went straight to a Regime front! Hope to do godo work :)

DeletedUser

I started playing just before MVDC disbanded and joined a great friend on Mortadella account. As others I saw how awfull a leader Bane was and joined Sabre right away when it was founded. As time passed I got more and more involved, and by the time when Control/sabre got to a merge I was somehow close to beeing leadership. In the beginning Ruff was a record breaking mess and left the leadership part shortly after. By time as people left their leadership positions and responsibility was handed to Coco things became a whole lot better. We were in an interesting war with Gents, which i still think to date was the most fun war for me personally. I played against some people that later have become great friends, and had a good time. Later Destiny was formed and motivation for playing was at its highest this world. everything suddenly made sence and the tribe had a clear structure that more or less everyone seemed happy with. Coco was the one and only leader, and one I have always enjoyed to follow. Later i had to take a break for two months due to beeing busy real life but came back again to play. W80 has been full of surprises and a lot of fun elements in it. All in all been an enjoyable world so far. Lets hope it continues to be so.

Celece

1. Joined world
2. Formed Ctrl.
3. Quit
4. Joined world (famousinferno)
5. Formed Dest.
6. Quit
7. Joined world (DVBBS)
8. ..? History repeats itself? :p

To go bit more in depth;

Started the world on the rim in k35, few days in I formed my tribe Ctrl. Taking a few players from other rim tribes, including Orishuss. Was a good group imo, had a fun time, during may we recruited DVBBS beasts Jake and Chris, majestee, and the 3 Majestics, coco, melon and peaches. Very soon I had to drop down my activity on the world since I was extremely busy on w78. I was still around in the skypechat but I couldn't afford to lead w80 actively so I passed dukeship to Ori. I had dvbbs account noble my village and only stayed around for tactical decissions. As the world moved on, my activity went even more downhill. Ori and Sara ran the tribe completely then.

Then some next level failure merge happened which I don't know anything about tbh and some time passed.. Until Ruffs.
Ori slowely started to get me back on w80, due me having a bit more time back then I agreed and joined him and Seb on Famousinferno resulting into Hodgy getting me and Sara to lead with him. First week I pretty much spammed everyone with CM's and structured posts and realised we needed more than a small morale boost.

I spent a few days trying to construct a tribemap which would be the start of a new era, had everything planned, everything rarred up and everything settled in details. It all happened quite fast but then we reformed Ruffs into Dest.
Indepth info on that can be found on the blog: https://forum.tribalwars.net/showth...lease-use-discussion-thread-to-post-comments)

ctrl+f for 'lowdown' and you'll find the post including an interview between James and myself.

I just went back in my archives and found some fun unshared material when creating dest. Including naps, alliances, etc;

34d0d929ec8c0a86a991db508b8223e3.png

4046ebfbdd53a6a78a886f80b12f0851.png

Shortly after;

48eb73c12613146499b94983c56326dd.png

From that day everyone fell in love with the Coco. :p

I still blame myself for leaving that day, reasons will be kept personal, only Sara, Ryan etc know tbh. I really wish I would've stayed, but shit happens.. Can only be really greatful that Sara and Ori did so much work keeping it up.. And yup, I told them a million times but those chats were too personal to put on here.

I eventually came back after the downfall of Gents Joining Chris on DVBBS, where I'm still playing right now.

TL:DR = Sara is bae

[video=youtube;jdW2MD8rmAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW2MD8rmAc[/video]

For now you can stay,
Right here we will play,
Until somehow you can find,
A slightly different Frame of Mind

Come find me and we will play.

Hope it was a fun read, cheers. x
Ems​

Last edited:

DeletedUser116033

I joined w80 for a dear friend, James. Better known as sinful angel/monstaz2 or eledhwen. I was fortunate to be James'first duke on tw and assist somewhat in growing both his skills and ego, our cooperation's went into several worlds. James had just created List and had some serious opposition from sabre, mvdc on last legs, ctrl and gents nearby.

Being in k46 and not being too friendly with any of these tribes he had a tough job to do and asked me to join him in the world. The most immediate problem upon joining was Ctrl. Lead then by Ori it had a strong council and a strong front with players like famous inferno and coco bordering. The contention was that James had recruited their food, and gone into a continent James and ori agreed list should not recruit in.

Prior to this as explained by James ori rejected a merge on the basis that he felt the players James intended to recruit to Lust were poor. Upon the forming of lust skirmishes broke out here and there, mainly inferno agitating small list members locally. Along with my old friend cwolf and other council members we had wolfs friends (the ones ori claimed to be noobs) supported in preparation for an anticipated operation. Little villages were lost and at huge cost to ctrl.

I saw the benefit in lust and Ctrl. Merging and discussed the possibility and how it'd work with ori for several days to little avail. So war began. Lust had an inferior position being in a pincer NW to NE. Contributing more so to the problem was James' former tribemates in sabre k45.

As the war with ctrl. went on, it was very much a stalemate with players like italicus one crazy cactus constantly being hit. The war progressed and members were unhappy with the way James lead or often his inaction. This contributed to lair of Grinch and LOOK. Two of our main turtles leaving. The other being that Ryan/balian lied to them about a lust/Ctrl/sabre merge. They would only return if I was duke so I made that happen and hours later they returned. LOOK more than anything hated all the information being kept secret and plans of months having no details revealed to members affected. I made look a member of my council so that he could be included and see the benefits the plans would bring to list and frankly for his ever honest opinion.

Upon becoming list Duke I revisited the merge with Ctrl. No ceasefire was declared but Ctrl. Stopped attacks for some reason thinking we had. This quite obviously raised a lot of anger in talks and the merge talks including myself, wolf, ori and coco soon became for an eye for an eye arguments than reconciliation. To the point I regretfully denounced my dear friend cocomajestic as a refugee in Ctrl/sabres merge of ruffs.

Balian/Ryan was added to Ctrl./lust merge talks and kept pushing for it to be a three way merge. I instantly rejected the idea opting instead lust and Ctrl merge to ally sabre. Ryan felt left out and spread lies about what was said and spitefully lied into a Sabre/Ctrl. Merge. He thought by doing it this way he could force the threeway merge. As the merge happened lust had nukes for an op inbound to coco so I declared her a refugee and this was ignored.

Now having the hostile tribe of Ruffs north and west of us and twice our size we had a choice to make. Merge with sabre, our former nap who tried screwing us on two separate occasions. Or fight them. The only tribe in a tactical position to assist us was gents. We struck an alliance with them in order to kill off all the poison in k45. Gents attacking from south in k55 and list from east in k46 we made quick work of ruffs in 45.

Following this Dest. Was formed with the active and best of ruffs, to whom gents and list immediately declared enemies. With lust now in a much safer place and strongly now in four continents my job in taking the under dogs lust into a strong top 5 was done. I let lust decide its own fate and their choice and the logical choice was their faithful allies gents.

For this period I was known as Islagratte.

---------------------------------------------------------

Following this I began to play w80 for my own reasons and not for a friend in a hard place. As many well knew I was never a fan of gents, it was an alliance of neccesity. So given my chance I joined what I deemed to be an epic underdog close to gents. After much debate I was accepted into wggf with the purpose of fighting gents as had been long anticipated.

Here I was known as browndog82. The account was surrounded north east and west by gents. The only assistant near was The devil monster. So I set about making the account to my liking, more defendable and easier to cope with an op. The war with gents began and as expected my account was opped - twice - and both rather poorly at that. Following these quick defeats as I was largely left alone and the other large account on the front, the devil monster set upon the undefended villages of my attackers scooping up roughly 30-2 easily.

Realising fighting us alone wouldn't cut it gents convinced two tribes in wggfs flank and rear to attack us alongside a southern cluster of mudkip and MOTR. Wggf now had two continents north, 1 north west and three south/southwest to fight.

Despite the odds we held out well and great sitters within the tribe were able to help with 24 hour coverage. This saw 4 early ops on deathdeala3 being ruined and several others on smaller players. Once the initial offensive on us disappeared SIN pulled well ahead in the war against 3 tribes.

Having previously sat a lot of accounts to kill of gents myself and noz teamed up and he came onboard to SIN. With the permission of the former owner noz commandeered a gents account and joined us. Between myself and him we took sits in numerous places and made life as awkward as possible for gents.

With gents being humiliated the feeling among a lot of gents was to jump ship and for a long period this option was rejected by sin leaders. My former tribe mates of list were unhappy so I arranged for them to come to sin after putting my arse on the line for their positions to be secured, and many Kore than my dukes were happy to.

Brad caught wind of the defection, James crapped himself and back out of joining me after stating he'd wanted to for a while and proceeded to lick brads ass acting loyal. Bitter about it I humiliated James for his actions on the public forums. Another regret of w80, he was a friend - at the time I felt screwed.

Time went on and gents continued to die, obvious defections to sin were made by players such as whendogsbite and kevink to name two. James had reformed lust and reconciled my differences with him and did my best to assist his position. With James, I sat an account in his tribe and commenced an op on master of the rangers. The op was largely successful and hence motr was removed in k46 in one swoop.

Special thanks for James, my ever stubborn friend for bringing me onto the world. Cwolff for giving me a second chance. Angelo and the SIN crew for making every second their feel like home.

Enemies to commend, ori/coco/seb made great enemies whilst still being a pleasure to talk to.

Overall crazy world and I hope everyone here did too.

Take care guys and girls. Anyone wants to catch up give me a message on here as I no longer use Skype.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118416

Despite the odds we held out well and great sitters within the tribe were able to help with 24 hour coverage. This saw 4 early ops on deathdeala3 being ruined and several others on smaller players. Once the initial offensive on us disappeared SIN pulled well ahead in the war against 3 tribes.

Brad caught wind of the defection, James crapped himself and back out of joining me after stating he'd wanted to for a while and proceeded to lick brads ass acting loyal. Bitter about it I humiliated James for his actions on the public forums. Another regret of w80, he was a friend - at the time I felt screwed.

I love these 2 parts how twisted they are is amazing haha!

DeletedUser102104

I mean the first quote is pretty accurate! We were the 'underdog' and did stop a bunch of OP's :)

DeletedUser58259

Revoltalution then Aldegrion

This is my story.

I began solo on the once rim of K55 with my FameInFame account. I intended to do nothing more than sell resources for pp. Of course, for me, that's how it always starts on p2w worlds. I never mean to stay, but it almost always happens. Solo and tribe-less, I found myself contacted by Brad (Yes, Gents Brad). I was never apart of the premade but I was asked to join. I did.

I was still on my own. The nearest tribemate was maybe 30 fields to the west, if that. Recruitment began picking up, I was promoted to council. Shortly after I was promoted to Baron and made recruiter. The area was starting to look very Gentsy. I was still solo and doing well enough as such, while playing my other world basically solo (W79).

Besides denying every recruitment application, and only one member being recruited during the time I was recruiter (done by Brad not by me actually), I never actually accepted an application. I was very much anti-merge. Absurd for Gents. That said, the issue at hand was that Invictus was wanting a merge. We surrounded them at the time, it was inevitable they would suffocate due to 0 growth options besides full out war with Gents. This, for me, was a good thing. I'm glad it didn't happen this way because the Aldegrion account came out of that merge. But I did not intend to merge them in. Not if I had a say.

For my personal plans, I was to merge accounts with Suvinay. I still had no co and was playing solo, it seemed the best option. Life came up immediately and suddenly, I was forced to leave the game completely. My account sat idly about 3-4 weeks before it was internaled.

I did not intend to stay when I came back. I came back to help facilitate a change of tribe for the Aldegrion account. The cause of the change had to do with feelings of disrespect for the co-players on the Aldegrion account from Brad and other Gents leadership. These issues were severe enough to facilitate the change of tag and tribe, a fully surrounded situation involving 0 border with the new tribe. A full front, fully surrounded account. Fearless, we moved on with this.

My intent was to stay to move them over, get them secured, and call it good. I did not intend to stay with Franc and Suvinay. But I did.

Destiny was never considered the best tribe. In fact, their reputation was not very good. They were not considered a contender for world win. At the time Regime was considered to be not only most popular tribe for win, but the only tribe considered to have the chance of a win. I knew a couple of peeps in Regime. Before this move I actually messaged them and applied (me, with approval of the co's, but me alone). I knew no one in Destiny. My application was rejected on the premise of being ex-Gents. No other information was given except the possibility that location might have also been an issue. However, sources would suggest that this latter issue had nothing to do with the cause of rejection. We joined Destiny. instead. What a perfect thing to happen for us.

After a rocky start, tons of nobles dead all around us, in our villages, in now enemy villages. We finally secured our location and had moved ourselves to Destiny. We were never happier with our current situation. The world isn't finished and nor is this story finished. But perhaps we did find our Destiny.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118416

I mean the first quote is pretty accurate! We were the 'underdog' and did stop a bunch of OP's :)

Its accurate to an extent. I remember only one OP being organised on deathdeala which completely failed. But any op is beatable when you have complete inside knowledge of where every nuke, every fake, every train is going?

DeletedUser116033

Forgot did a few too, then minor few player ops from gents later following main op. DD3 got several DOTD over a constant amount of Inc's for roughly two weeks.

DeletedUser102104

Its accurate to an extent. I remember only one OP being organised on deathdeala which completely failed. But any op is beatable when you have complete inside knowledge of where every nuke, every fake, every train is going?

We never had exact info on anything. We had the knowledge on who it was agaisnt and the day. Nothing more, nothing less. We sniped and stacked on the go. You guys had a few mini-OP's is all on the side but only major one was on Deathdeala.

DeletedUser118416

I thought code talker grabbed all info before leaving?