Zevs Notebook

DeletedUser

Co-Leading;

I've been in a number of internal tribe co-leaderships over the years and it has been my experience that they don't work because you lose controll over half your tribe, which makes you semi-powerless, and that's a fact. More importantly, to be successfull, Co-leaders oftern require you to dilute your vision. No two people are ever going to think exactly alike on every subject. So at some point, you have to compromise your vision

Passion/Motivation;

This is the main ingredient in being a successfull player. If you don't have a passion or you're not motivated in what you're doing then you shouldn't be doing it, and it's unlikely you will hit success. Passion is somethign that's hard to come across, agreed? But hey if you dont like this game, then quit and give someone else a chance.

Perserverance;

Perserverance is essential to being successfull in anything you do, not only in life but also in TW. If you fold under pressure, or lack the drive to push your way through the tough times, you're going to lose the challanges you face. And believe me, there will be a lot of challanges of which you will need to over come.

Commitments;

If you make a commitment to a tribe, you'd better be able to stand behind it. This goes for your allies, tribe mates, leaders and anyone else you work aside with when regarding TW. One way to ensure that you can deliver your promises is to always understand what you're getting into and make sure that you can live up to it. If you don't. you're oing to be in big trouble. Dont agree to something, or sign up to an OP if you cannot commit to it. You're only letting yourself down but more importantly others.

Changes;

No matter how long you've been playing or how long you been successfull you've been, you have to believe that you can still teach old dogs new tricks, you have to believe that you can do that little more than the person you're up against, why? Because no matter how good you're at what you're doing, it can always be improved, your skills can always be enhanced.

Yawn....

You should be willing to change to make your tribe better, but never sell out on your goals. If you're going to talk the talk, you'd better walk the walk. I wouldn't ask any of my tribe mates to do something of which I wouldn't do my self. I like to remind people that at one point in my TW gameplay I did this and that. That I had to do exactly what they're doing now and look where it's got me. Hard work does pay off, you just need to work hard enough. You're only as good as the people around you. Your members can make you or break you, and you need your members no only to be successfull, but to expand their knowledge and expertise as well. When I first started out on TW, I did everything myself, that's being I was always worried that the job wouldn't be done to my expectations, do not fall down the same path, you should trust a number of people, but not to many.

Organisation;

My experience is that if you're organized, you save steps. And every step you take costs your valuable time, so in order to be successfull you need to have a plan and you need to be organized, Be efficient in everything you do. This game is no dout all about organisation, you must be organised in everything you do from sending out troops and supporting your buddys. There is not one point in my TW career have I seen someone dis-organised be successfull.

Never back down/Pride

When you have a dream for a tribe, you have to stick to it, even when others are telling you you're heading in the wrong direction. At times you may fail, but others you will succeed. You cannot expect to be successfull all the time, it's not human. I advise you to stick to your original plans, even if you do get your ass kicked, atleast you can say "I had the guts to fullfill my original plans, and I have pride to say that Yes I did fail, but thats what we all do at some point"

Standards;
As many old timers on this game know, the standards of gameplay is falling, Why? To many new players are playing the game and they like to talk the talk and prod your walls with marshmellows and sticks. Gets annoying doesn't it? No matter how good you're, or how bad for that matter. Dont let your personal standards slip, always try your best, always try to be the best, and always respect the players that earned the right to be called THE BEST. (Looks around, anyone?)

Different kids of players;

No matter what world you join, their will be all sorts of player types... And no I'm not only about defence or offence players. They're just a small part in what players are like. You will get the odd player on a world that's better than everyone else, he/she becomes the most feared person on the game, no matter how they earned it, no matter what you think of them, if they're known as the big boss on that world, they're no dout about it the big boss on the world. You get players who just point whore, some new players oftern get put off attacking someone else with large points, and the large pointed players usually take this as an advntage and try to scare you. All it takes is a few accurate attacks and village gains and they'll soon realise you're the real deal. Stuck up people are in my opinion the worst of all people around. They talk the talk, they never give up and think they're the best around. They believe everyone should lick their shoes and spit clean them untill they reflect like a mirror, I personally hate these players. For all I care they can burn to the ground along with their walls. You get the respectable player now and again, they're the ones you need to talk with. When I first played this game I would join a world and contact everyone in the top 10 and ask them what it takes to be where they're now. Sometimes I would be attacked, other times I would find a player who is really respectable and willing to help you out. They're brillirant players and could wipe me out without no hastle, instead they helped me out and showed me the ropes, I thank everyone who did that for me. I advise you to try that out, worth a shot isn't it =] You have to learn at one point.

Finally;

I know not everyone is going to agree with some of the things I said, not all of it is important to TW gameplay but it's what iv'e learnt since playing TW. I'm not going to go into more detail, simply because my fingers are officially hurting me :icon_eek: Dam typing should be made illegal. Anyway, I hope some of you enjoyed it, and for those of you who like to flame and spame, I have got a special section for you :icon_idea: You scroll your mouth to the far right, where you'll see an "X", click that and you're well on your way.

DeletedUser

I must admit that I do like flaming and spameing. This is a good little notebook. :)

DeletedUser

That was a good read and I agreed with alot of the points made their, and I know exactly what you mean by "respectable players" they get my largest respect because they are one in a million but great to talk to and learn from.

DeletedUser

Reply.

I really don't see the point of posting a Notebook topic on a World Forumal Community.
To me! Personally, I think you should keep that information to yourself so that the forums can be use for more important things instead of a notebook :icon_wink:

If you wish for an apology, please feel free to click on "Spoiler: Show"

[spoil]Please forgive me if my words were rude to you in any kind of way, for i was just trying to give you some heads up. But I really do like your Notebook information though. It interests me![/spoil]

DeletedUser

I really don't see the point of posting a Notebook topic on a World Forumal Community.
To me! Personally, I think you should keep that information to yourself so that the forums can be use for more important things instead of a notebook :icon_wink:

If you wish for an apology, please feel free to click on "Spoiler: Show"

[spoil]Please forgive me if my words were rude to you in any kind of way, for i was just trying to give you some heads up. But I really do like your Notebook information though. It interests me![/spoil]

So, you're flaming him for posting something, but then saying you enjoyed reading the post.

Right.....

DeletedUser

So, you're flaming him for posting something, but then saying you enjoyed reading the post.

Right.....

Give him a break, can you see he has been on the forums for not even a day and he is already criti-praising! :lol:
Im loving it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Reply.

That's 100% correct adamh6262 and just for that, you received a cookie for today's lesson :lol:

slinkiestwizard

Co-Leading;

I've been in a number of internal tribe co-leaderships over the years and it has been my experience that they don't work because you lose controll over half your tribe, which makes you semi-powerless, and that's a fact. More importantly, to be successfull, Co-leaders oftern require you to dilute your vision. No two people are ever going to think exactly alike on every subject. So at some point, you have to compromise your vision

Passion/Motivation;

This is the main ingredient in being a successfull player. If you don't have a passion or you're not motivated in what you're doing then you shouldn't be doing it, and it's unlikely you will hit success. Passion is somethign that's hard to come across, agreed? But hey if you dont like this game, then quit and give someone else a chance.

Perserverance;

Perserverance is essential to being successfull in anything you do, not only in life but also in TW. If you fold under pressure, or lack the drive to push your way through the tough times, you're going to lose the challanges you face. And believe me, there will be a lot of challanges of which you will need to over come.

Commitments;

If you make a commitment to a tribe, you'd better be able to stand behind it. This goes for your allies, tribe mates, leaders and anyone else you work aside with when regarding TW. One way to ensure that you can deliver your promises is to always understand what you're getting into and make sure that you can live up to it. If you don't. you're oing to be in big trouble. Dont agree to something, or sign up to an OP if you cannot commit to it. You're only letting yourself down but more importantly others.

Changes;

No matter how long you've been playing or how long you been successfull you've been, you have to believe that you can still teach old dogs new tricks, you have to believe that you can do that little more than the person you're up against, why? Because no matter how good you're at what you're doing, it can always be improved, your skills can always be enhanced.

Yawn....

You should be willing to change to make your tribe better, but never sell out on your goals. If you're going to talk the talk, you'd better walk the walk. I wouldn't ask any of my tribe mates to do something of which I wouldn't do my self. I like to remind people that at one point in my TW gameplay I did this and that. That I had to do exactly what they're doing now and look where it's got me. Hard work does pay off, you just need to work hard enough. You're only as good as the people around you. Your members can make you or break you, and you need your members no only to be successfull, but to expand their knowledge and expertise as well. When I first started out on TW, I did everything myself, that's being I was always worried that the job wouldn't be done to my expectations, do not fall down the same path, you should trust a number of people, but not to many.

Organisation;

My experience is that if you're organized, you save steps. And every step you take costs your valuable time, so in order to be successfull you need to have a plan and you need to be organized, Be efficient in everything you do. This game is no dout all about organisation, you must be organised in everything you do from sending out troops and supporting your buddys. There is not one point in my TW career have I seen someone dis-organised be successfull.

Never back down/Pride

When you have a dream for a tribe, you have to stick to it, even when others are telling you you're heading in the wrong direction. At times you may fail, but others you will succeed. You cannot expect to be successfull all the time, it's not human. I advise you to stick to your original plans, even if you do get your ass kicked, atleast you can say "I had the guts to fullfill my original plans, and I have pride to say that Yes I did fail, but thats what we all do at some point"

Standards;
As many old timers on this game know, the standards of gameplay is falling, Why? To many new players are playing the game and they like to talk the talk and prod your walls with marshmellows and sticks. Gets annoying doesn't it? No matter how good you're, or how bad for that matter. Dont let your personal standards slip, always try your best, always try to be the best, and always respect the players that earned the right to be called THE BEST. (Looks around, anyone?)

Different kids of players;

No matter what world you join, their will be all sorts of player types... And no I'm not only about defence or offence players. They're just a small part in what players are like. You will get the odd player on a world that's better than everyone else, he/she becomes the most feared person on the game, no matter how they earned it, no matter what you think of them, if they're known as the big boss on that world, they're no dout about it the big boss on the world. You get players who just point whore, some new players oftern get put off attacking someone else with large points, and the large pointed players usually take this as an advntage and try to scare you. All it takes is a few accurate attacks and village gains and they'll soon realise you're the real deal. Stuck up people are in my opinion the worst of all people around. They talk the talk, they never give up and think they're the best around. They believe everyone should lick their shoes and spit clean them untill they reflect like a mirror, I personally hate these players. For all I care they can burn to the ground along with their walls. You get the respectable player now and again, they're the ones you need to talk with. When I first played this game I would join a world and contact everyone in the top 10 and ask them what it takes to be where they're now. Sometimes I would be attacked, other times I would find a player who is really respectable and willing to help you out. They're brillirant players and could wipe me out without no hastle, instead they helped me out and showed me the ropes, I thank everyone who did that for me. I advise you to try that out, worth a shot isn't it =] You have to learn at one point.

Finally;

I know not everyone is going to agree with some of the things I said, not all of it is important to TW gameplay but it's what iv'e learnt since playing TW. I'm not going to go into more detail, simply because my fingers are officially hurting me :icon_eek: Dam typing should be made illegal. Anyway, I hope some of you enjoyed it, and for those of you who like to flame and spame, I have got a special section for you :icon_idea: You scroll your mouth to the far right, where you'll see an "X", click that and you're well on your way.

someone needs a pat on the back for posting SPAM!

DeletedUser

Haha.. it was worth a shot :)
back on topic and I do think this post has given me a good read and for that I give it the thumbs up.

DeletedUser

Co-Leading;

Don't agree with you on this one.

Agreed with the rest of it pretty much though.

DeletedUser

When I first played this game I would join a world and contact everyone in the top 10 and ask them what it takes to be where they're now. Sometimes I would be attacked, other times I would find a player who is really respectable and willing to help you out. They're brillirant players and could wipe me out without no hastle, instead they helped me out and showed me the ropes, I thank everyone who did that for me. I advise you to try that out, worth a shot isn't it =] You have to learn at one point.

If you do this, try to ask something specific, and not sound like an idiot. We will help anyone sounding intelligent (and therefore worth our time), but anyone just saying "plz help win" or something similar will either be ignored or toyed with. With over 4-5 pages of mail every day the noob mail will not be a priority to answer.

DeletedUser

Co-Leading;

Don't agree with you on this one.

Agreed with the rest of it pretty much though.

It's a bit of give and take. I've co-lead where I've been top duke and I've co-lead evenly. Both have their advantages. I'd never want to be the only duke, I think you need someone one most of 24/7 to quickly settle disputes and organize defense/offense/whatever is needed. Now if you go with 1 top level and a sub-duke then it eliminates the final discussion and one word is God to that tribe. However the 2 duke system give the input of multiple players and if you have the right players (ones that are ok with not always knowing the best methods and open to suggestion) then the 2 duke system is superior to a single top level duke...but you must have the right balance. Also, you and that co-duke must talk often about the tribal point of view, so you have a solid understanding of how things need to be done when it arises. So communication is key, as is cooperation. So it can be done, and be very successful...but it very much depends on the personalities of the players.