Be creative! Have fun! Win free premium points! Get (slightly) famous!
CREATE THE MOST EPIC-AWESOME-SAUCE UNIT EVER!
Pretty simple. What unit would be the most epic-awesome-sauce ever? This could be something serious, like a trebuchet that acts as a souped-up catapult. Alternatively, choose something completely ludicrous like a giant slug to assault your enemies (see the example). Perhaps the game really needs flying magicians, or maybe just a humble and undervalued shield-bearer. Take your pick, and tell the world!
Entries must include:
1. Unit name [self-explanatory]
2. About [general idea of stats, recruiting, strategy]
3. Paladin weapon [name, bonuses]
4. Why this unit is the most epic-awesome-sauce ever [your final pitch to voters]
1. All entries must follow forum/in-game rules.
2. All entrants must play on w42, and in-game names must be told for prem to be awarded.
3. All entries must be posted in this thread. One entry per person.
4. Minimum of 4 entries required for the competition to go ahead. (So yes, there will be a loser. I'll also try to think up a good consolation prize though.)
5. Have fun. Any entrant who does not have fun will be disqualified. Believe me, I'll know. How? You don't want to ask...
The entry period closes August 9 at 23:59. Voting for the most epic-awesome-sauce unit ever will start a few days later (once I bug kdeb to make a poll) and last for three days. Bloggers will do any necessary tie-breaking.
1st prize - 200 pp
2nd prize - 100 pp
3rd prize - 50 pp
Winning entries will be featured in the blog, along with a bit of bonus stuff.
General other notes:
- No, this does not mean these units will show up in the game. Yes, I do have to say this because I've seen people assume in other blog contests that their suggestions would actually be taken seriously.
- Please ask for any clarifications you need. My mind is somewhat addled right now.